Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    I have only had 2 other requests since I joined. Badger rescinded after I challenged the clique trolls instead of embracing their nonsense. The other guy changed his name (the greatest username)
    I admired your refusal to drink the Kool-Aid.
    Bring back Hawkwoman

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I admired your refusal to drink the Kool-Aid.
    <3<3<3<3<3
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    I have only had 2 other requests since I joined. Badger rescinded after I challenged the clique trolls instead of embracing their nonsense. The other guy changed his name (the greatest username)
    Yeah I'm not a kool-aid drinker either.

Personally, I like the "Jean fans are crazy" theme here at CBR. It's a bit like a clique.

And most of the people I'm friends with that aren't Jeanites are people that said something hilarious or challenging whenever I was bitching about something Jean/Phoenix related.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

One clique to rule them all...
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

and in the Phoenix fry them.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde

General Tso's Phoenix Stir Fry?

Emma see's Hope in her vision not Jean. It'll be explained towards the end of AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Emma see's Hope in her vision not Jean. It'll be explained towards the end of AvX.
    Yeah, because Hope is easily confused with "Maddie", all the time. I don't care how they retcon it. Just don't insult my intelligence and tell me that wasn't Jean in the vision. Call it the Phoenix in Jean's form, or whatever. But whoever it was obviously knew and had a personal relationship with "Emma". Personally, I stand by my view that it was Jean telling Emma to prepare for Hope. But that could all be changed now to suit whatever purpose Marvel wants....
    Send the O5 back...NOW !

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Yeah, because Hope is easily confused with "Maddie", all the time. I don't care how they retcon it. Just don't insult my intelligence and tell me that wasn't Jean in the vision. Call it the Phoenix in Jean's form, or whatever. But whoever it was obviously knew and had a personal relationship with "Emma". Personally, I stand by my view that it was Jean telling Emma to prepare for Hope. But that could all be changed now to suit whatever purpose Marvel wants....
    If you were to look at Greg Land's original and uncolored pencils of that scene, its was Jean Grey/Phoenix in the vision Emma had. Does anyone have it?
    Last edited by kid_omega; 05-03-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega View Post
    If you were to look at Greg Pak's original and uncolored pencils of that scene, its was Jean Grey/Phoenix in the vision Emma had. Does anyone have it?
    Greg Land.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by fortyseven View Post
    lol why do people keep believe everything this Brevoort guy says? who the heck is he and what does he have to do with the X-Men?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    As a Jean fan, I don't consider that trolling. I never thought it was Jean.

But Brevoort's is about the last word I would trust on any Marvel subject.
    You are both delusional. Brevoort's formspring is the most trustworthy site on the net for heavy Jean Grey spoilers

If that vision wasn't supposed to be Jean, Marvel had a very messed up way of showing it. Emma thought it was Madelyne, but the woman in the vision said she wasn't. If it was just the Phoenix, then why use Jean? Why not just use a big fiery bird that was so effective in Uncanny X-men #543? Brevoort is just trying to dance around the issue. He's trying to make a three-sided square here. It just can't be done. If that vision wasn't supposed to be Jean, then they shouldn't have used her imagery. If what they conveyed was wrong, they should make some sort of official announcement. They should clear it up because it's their fault it's ambiguous. But they probably won't.

I think Nick Lowe acknowledged that the vision was of the White Hot Room. If anyone has a link, I would be very appreciative. If this is true, then how can Jean NOT be involved? It's established that she's in the White Hot Room. Even Brevoort acknowledged that in part. Again, Marvel is trying to make a three-sided square here and doing a very bad job at it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

It was half-assed foreshadowing that became a throw-away scene after Marvel changed the Hope story midway through it.

Either you buy into applying some BS new meaning to it, like Exodus Cloak, or you see it as the dropped plot-line it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post

Either you buy into applying some BS new meaning to it, like Exodus Cloak, or you see it as the dropped plot-line it is.
    It'll be referenced again. I can bet on that. It's not dropped. :)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It'll be referenced again. I can bet on that. It's not dropped. :)
    Leave Phoenix Egg alone. It's so angry that it has burnt up its avatar.