Page 36 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 970
  1. #526
    Elder Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,139

    Default

    I thought the Loa scene was very inspired old-school comics cuteness.

    And Surge rocks.

  2. #527
    Former Lurker Old Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    933

    Default

    At this point, I would like a fight scene to break out while the Piña Colada song plays on the jukebox.

  3. #528
    Former Lurker Old Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    933

    Default

    It was inspired. And Mettle wasn't surfing on her but rather the turf she tore up in her wake... and there was no harassment of Loa by Mettle or Hazmat. She offered to do something nice for a guy who thought he'd never be able to surf again and Hazmat was grateful because it made her boyfriend happy. But, you know, whatever lies the diehard X-fans need to feel better about their heroes being the ugly stepchildren.

  4. #529
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    As much as Cap talks about the Academy kids being free to come and go, the Academy will always be monitored, and I can see how Veil is being monitored now she's off campus. May be nanites?

    I've always felt Cap was portrayed poorly when dealing with the Academy. That goes for Pym, Justice, and Quicksilver, too. They try to hide what the Academy is there for, but the kids found out, so all the instructors fears are realized, though they don't know it yet. Now, introduce further at-risk, X-Kids, and the instructors compound that lie, by keeping the X-Kids prisoners by force, if need be. And Academy kids that are now supposed to tow the authority line? I don't think so. When the rebellion comes, Academy kids and X-Kids are leaving together.

    Gage will have to get the instructors to face that the Academy knows why they are here. The cat's out of the bag. Is it still worth it now?
    Three points:

    1) does it actually say somewhere that Veil is being watched, especially with nanites? I missed that

    2) I think the kids ARE free to come and go. Veil pretty much proved it. They were almost expelled at one point... so yeah they're not prisoners.

    3) Funnily enough (that I remembered it after so many issues) Quicksilver objected to not telling the kids the truth about the AA. He wanted to tell them they were there as potential supervillains, but was overruled. That's how the kids learned about it. Which is kind of funny because he's lied about a lot of other stuff...

    Mind you I disagree with him, I don't think there's any reason to tell the kids why they were selected: it would only hurt them. The instructors didn't actually DO anything with this information, they don't treat them special, after the Scared Straight story, and that one was only vaguely (to my eyes) having to do with that. It was supposed to show them what kind of supervillains they'd be dealing with in a safe environment.

    Now about the X-kids, they are prisoners. But they're there with the consent of their guardians, so whatever. Honestly they could probably beat Tigra and Hercules and escape if they wanted to... the adults clearly don't. There's no reason why they should.

    If they were in the JGS and not allowed to leave, would they also be prisoners? Sure. Also held by people whose leader is on the other side? Sure. Only difference is the student population would be inclined to rebel with them. How does that make their imprisonment "better"? It doesn't. It just makes it easier for the kids to disobey their guardians.

  5. #530
    Senior Member Meehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    There's a lot of inaccuracies in your post (which I assume you've intentionally put in to boost it's 'I love X-men, Avengers are stupid!' tone) but this is the most glaring. Its Julie Power not Katie and Karolina Dean is always clothed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    It was inspired. And Mettle wasn't surfing on her but rather the turf she tore up in her wake... and there was no harassment of Loa by Mettle or Hazmat. She offered to do something nice for a guy who thought he'd never be able to surf again and Hazmat was grateful because it made her boyfriend happy. But, you know, whatever lies the diehard X-fans need to feel better about their heroes being the ugly stepchildren.
    That's two accusation of outright lies. The first poster is technically correct, although I do not with retract anything I wrote because the difference between the Power sisters is inconsequential. Sparky, name the lies or go back to kiddie board.
    Last edited by Meehl; 05-03-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

  6. #531
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    It was inspired. And Mettle wasn't surfing on her but rather the turf she tore up in her wake... and there was no harassment of Loa by Mettle or Hazmat. She offered to do something nice for a guy who thought he'd never be able to surf again and Hazmat was grateful because it made her boyfriend happy. But, you know, whatever lies the diehard X-fans need to feel better about their heroes being the ugly stepchildren.
    I wonder how a hug for someone that did something wonderful for someone yu loved gets turned into harassment. Hazmat was simply grateful and showed it, Mettle was given something joyful and that pleased his girlfriend.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  7. #532
    Former Lurker Old Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    933

    Default

    The X-kids traded one "prison" for another. Back on Utopia, they were told to stay inside and out of the fight... and also to watch Hope and not let her leave. Then they get brought to AA when Cyclops and his team runs out leaving the kids behind.

  8. #533
    Senior Member Meehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I wonder how a hug for someone that did something wonderful for someone yu loved gets turned into harassment. Hazmat was simply grateful and showed it, Mettle was given something joyful and that pleased his girlfriend.
    The big red thing and the asian boy in the suit are dating?
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

  9. #534
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    Great review overall except its missing the parts where the dirty, stinkin' mutie kids get their fingernails ripped off, kneecaps busted, get their powers negated forever, and have redhot pokers shoved up their asses in the AA concentration camp. All of this happened off panel, mind you... but I figured it would be assumed by any committed X-fan.


    Seriously, are people even reading the book?? So many inaccuracies and even outright lies for the sake of making the Avengers look bad. No wonder there's still a market for the mutant persecution stories. Frankly, up until this point, I hadn't really understood why the concept persists... but now I get it. People are dumb.
    The basic's are very simple:

    1. The Utopia kids are being held under the threat of Force and being that threat is the assigned duty of the AA kids.

    2. Since they consider them soldier, at least some of them, they are POWs taken in battle. Some or all of the New Mutants there are of legal age to be soldiers, some of the lights look to be also.

    3. They are being held there to keep them from protecting their own people and some of them are a bit pissed off about it.

    4. The presence of combatants at the School puts the AA kids at risk. The Utopia kids play rough and at least one is a very experienced killer.

    5. The loyalty of the AA kids is questionable since they learned that the whole reason they were told they were there is a lie and that still hasn't boiled over.

    Which of those statements is not factual?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  10. #535
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    The big red thing and the asian boy in the suit are dating?
    Yes. They're meant to be cute.

  11. #536
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    The big red thing and the asian boy in the suit are dating?
    Sleeping together it seems, since he is the only one around that can be near hr without a suit, and happens to be a really good guy.

    They love each other greatly and its is kind of heart warming.

    Hazmat is smart enough to see what he is not just what he looks like.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  12. #537
    Elder Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Hopefully, one of the faculty keeps an eye out for Pixie and Velocidad, before they go at it like rabbits and leave the furniture in need of reupholstering. That, and/or Pixie starts dealing her dust to the kids at the school.
    It's funny. Leaving Pixie with her powers, and she can teleport. How are the Avengers going to stop her? It's magic, and Pym, now, can counter magic? Maybe Pym should fight Magic in future and not Doctor Strange fight her.



    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Did Gabriel's violent reaction to the suggestion of a BBQ by Hazmat stem from the Kenji Burgers incident?


    See, that makes this jailing issue more obnoxious, if these X-Kids are recalling all this as well. It's one thing for the government to take over imprisoning mutants, and then the Avengers try to do the same thing, these kids are going to see the parallels. When do the Avengers turn around and say "dispose of them"? These kids don't know that.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

  13. #538
    Elder Member jackolover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    25,914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    Well they aren't all minors. Either way consider them in protective custody of Agents of the United States Government, Eventually someone will have to rule on wether they can be let go, or brought up on charges, or placed in to long term care of an adult (for the minors). But they can safely be kept for a number of days until someone can make those decisions. Its no different than if government agents raided a cult's compound and took their kids and adults into custody while they dealt with the cult leaders, or decided what to do next.
    I suppose you're right. The X-Men had organized a thoroughly divorced cult of mutants into their own compound, with rules that Scott Summers made up himself, of how anybody is able to deal with mutants. At some point, the USA had to deal with this problem, and this is as opportune a time as any. Remove the kids and put them somewhere safe, is a fine sentiment, but as all protective services actions show, it isn't the ideal solution for the kids. Maybe being with their own kind adds protection to the last vestiges of the mutant race? Disruption of this balance could put the mutants at risk. In fact AvX looks like forcing this situation to critical mass for mutants, because it has separated the adults from the children. The whole premise of the X-Men was that "We all stick together", so that they can protect each other better. Schism began to corrode that stability. If the mutants are going to suffer as a result of AvX, then this separation event is the first step to the disintegration of the mutant coherence.

    Why couldn't the X-Men be a cult? Was it always going to end like this, with the splitting of the factions and eventually being subject to government intervention, resulting in a kind of forced integration into society?
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

  14. #539
    Elder Member mikekerrIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    23,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    The X-kids traded one "prison" for another. Back on Utopia, they were told to stay inside and out of the fight... and also to watch Hope and not let her leave. Then they get brought to AA when Cyclops and his team runs out leaving the kids behind.
    What happened in the fight at Utopia makes them the rear guard not prisoners. they left the Kids with the Avengers who now have to deal with handling them, thus weekending the Avengers. Having your reserves out of the line of fire is considered good military practice.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

  15. #540
    Senior Member Meehl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    There's an X-girl image of a woman in a full leather/latex suit, including mask. I think Jarrod likes to post the image whenever talking about kitty's or rachel's S&M interest. Could someone post the image? I'd like to compare it to Hazmat's suit. For posterity.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •