Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 970
  1. #31

    Default

    I really enjoyed this issue. The book's thankfully taken a nice upswing since that weak Future Reptil arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Concentration Camp on the moon, you say?
    Could that be where Magik takes the Widow for their face off???
    Ugh, don't remind me.
    VS #1 was so awful and I don't see it getting any better. How is this even a fight?

  2. #32
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,811

    Default

    Hopefully, one of the faculty keeps an eye out for Pixie and Velocidad, before they go at it like rabbits and leave the furniture in need of reupholstering. That, and/or Pixie starts dealing her dust to the kids at the school.

    Did Gabriel's violent reaction to the suggestion of a BBQ by Hazmat stem from the Kenji Burgers incident?

    Last edited by worstblogever; 05-02-2012 at 12:50 PM.

    CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

    X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Trouble meaning leaving? A cage with fur lined bars is still a cage. How long do they stay there anyway? Do they get out when they are 21 or are they there until Cap says so?

    Mark_S
    Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post
    Avengers fans seem to have very little understanding of civil liberites. If you can't leave someplace, you are being imprisoned against your will. It doesn't matter if they attempt to make it seem like day camp.

    And one of the kids actually asks for instructions, and is given instructions, on what level of force they are to employ in keeping the X-Kids against their will.
    first they are minors and where abandoned by their legal protectors (which by the way it is a crime) second they no letting them leave because if they leave they just gonna get in troubles fighting the avengers and can only get hurt, it only takes 2 brain cells to know it not being capable to see would really put in question the adults capabilities in question, really leave them in a a destroyed home in the middle of nowhere or taking them to a safe place, which is better?

  4. #34
    Elder Member CMBMOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,780

    Default

    Nice to see a much 'friendlier" way to settle the debate between the Avengers and X-men, who knows maybe this could change things when the event is over and the adults stop acting like idiots.

    Gage did a great job with making this a lighter tone version of the event.

  5. #35
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis X View Post
    first they are minors and where abandoned by their legal protectors (which by the way it is a crime) second they no letting them leave because if they leave they just gonna get in troubles fighting the avengers and can only get hurt, it only takes 2 brain cells to know it not being capable to see would really put in question the adults capabilities in question, really leave them in a a destroyed home in the middle of nowhere or taking them to a safe place, which is better?
    Well they aren't all minors. Either way consider them in protective custody of Agents of the United States Government, Eventually someone will have to rule on wether they can be let go, or brought up on charges, or placed in to long term care of an adult (for the minors). But they can safely be kept for a number of days until someone can make those decisions. Its no different than if government agents raided a cult's compound and took their kids and adults into custody while they dealt with the cult leaders, or decided what to do next.

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis X View Post
    first they are minors and where abandoned by their legal protectors (which by the way it is a crime) second they no letting them leave because if they leave they just gonna get in troubles fighting the avengers and can only get hurt, it only takes 2 brain cells to know it not being capable to see would really put in question the adults capabilities in question, really leave them in a a destroyed home in the middle of nowhere or taking them to a safe place, which is better?
    You're a hundred percent wrong. There are multiple adults/instructors left on Utopia after Cyke and his squad leave. Not everyone needs the F*&king Avengers to take care of them.

    Cap is specifically taking these kids into custody to keep them out of the fight, with Wolverine being complicit in the kidnapping.

  7. #37
    Choke LeonardEugenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Temple, TX
    Posts
    4,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis X View Post
    first they are minors and where abandoned by their legal protectors (which by the way it is a crime) second they no letting them leave because if they leave they just gonna get in troubles fighting the avengers and can only get hurt, it only takes 2 brain cells to know it not being capable to see would really put in question the adults capabilities in question, really leave them in a a destroyed home in the middle of nowhere or taking them to a safe place, which is better?
    They weren't "abandoned." AvX 3 proves they weren't abandoned. Everyone can get off the abandonment wagon now. The X-Men were grouping to make their jump before Stabby McKniveHands charged at them. They had to go. Secondly, Maddison Jeffries and Kavita Rao are adults that they live on the island with, so I think they fall into the "legal protectors" category.

  8. #38
    The curious one.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    14,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis X View Post
    first they are minors and where abandoned by their legal protectors (which by the way it is a crime) second they no letting them leave because if they leave they just gonna get in troubles fighting the avengers and can only get hurt, it only takes 2 brain cells to know it not being capable to see would really put in question the adults capabilities in question, really leave them in a a destroyed home in the middle of nowhere or taking them to a safe place, which is better?
    Well they are capable of looking after themselves and not all of them are minors and the legal question is murky since we don't know what kind of legal authority Cap had to into Utopia in the first place. The bottom line is they have been ripped out of their home, brought someplace that they do not want to be (or at least they weren't given a choice) and told that they can't leave. Oh and in the meantime one of their friends is being hunted by some of the strongest beings on the planet for something that she hasn't done yet. Oh and one of the people who helped destroy their home wants to kill her.
    But while they are there they should have fun and relax because if they try to leave they'll be locked up in a not as nice way. The cover pretty much says it all, Cage can cushion it as much he wants but to the X-kids the Academy is a prison and the junior Avengers are part of the guard crew. It remains to be seen how passive they are going to be about the situation.

    Mark_S

  9. #39
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quilla Town
    Posts
    6,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeonardEugenius View Post
    They weren't "abandoned." AvX 3 proves they weren't abandoned. Everyone can get off the abandonment wagon now. The X-Men were grouping to make their jump before Stabby McKniveHands charged at them. They had to go. Secondly, Maddison Jeffries and Kavita Rao are adults that they live on the island with, so I think they fall into the "legal protectors" category.
    Some Avengers fans are missing their calling if they don't send their CV's to Fox News. Man, what a way to spin things.

  10. #40
    Elder Member Vic Vega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Well they are capable of looking after themselves and not all of them are minors and the legal question is murky since we don't know what kind of legal authority Cap had to into Utopia in the first place. The bottom line is they have been ripped out of their home, brought someplace that they do not want to be (or at least they weren't given a choice) and told that they can't leave. Oh and in the meantime one of their friends is being hunted by some of the strongest beings on the planet for something that she hasn't done yet. Oh and one of the people who helped destroy their home wants to kill her.
    But while they are there they should have fun and relax because if they try to leave they'll be locked up in a not as nice way. The cover pretty much says it all, Cage can cushion it as much he wants but to the X-kids the Academy is a prison and the junior Avengers are part of the guard crew. It remains to be seen how passive they are going to be about the situation.

    Mark_S
    Cap, as leader of the Avengers would have far more legal standing to to go to Utopia and check out a situation than Cyke would have to do anything to Wanda on American or Latvarian soil.

    We did see Cap and Shell Head brief the POTUS, so the Avengers are acting in that capacity.

    ...and since Logan is offically off the reservation now, so you can't blame Cap for his actions.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Cap, as leader of the Avengers would have far more legal standing to to go to Utopia and check out a situation than Cyke would have to do anything to Wanda on American or Latvarian soil.

    We did see Cap and Shell Head brief the POTUS, so the Avengers are acting in that capacity.

    ...and since Logan is offically off the reservation now, so you can't blame Cap for his actions.
    Not sure if kidding, but POTUS doesn't have the authority to let the Avengers make arrests on foreign soil. Invade? sure, but that's an act of war. Cap was bringing up the U.N. in AvX-3, but we never saw that scene. Cap is the one bringing up International Law in AvX 3, and even Iron Man, TONY STARK for God's sake, tells Cap that he doesn't know what grounds he has for detaining the X-Men... and we all know Iron Man isn't one for needing his legal ducks in a row...

  12. #42
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Well they are capable of looking after themselves and not all of them are minors and the legal question is murky since we don't know what kind of legal authority Cap had to into Utopia in the first place.
    It appears the United States considers Utopia their territory. The X-men no doubt disagree but that is why some territory is 'disputed'.

    And while its debatable they certain have a good case in an international court to make at any rate as it is well with in their territorial waters. Even if the X-men claimed otherwise I think we are supposed to believe that not many in the international community would champion their cause at the moment. Schism showed the mutants were not considered friends by many in the international community.

    As far as US law goes the Avengers probably are in the legal right here. (though if ordered to stand down by the united states they would have to, or they'd be renegade)

  13. #43
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkostus View Post
    Not sure if kidding, but POTUS doesn't have the authority to let the Avengers make arrests on foreign soil. Invade? sure, but that's an act of war. Cap was bringing up the U.N. in AvX-3, but we never saw that scene. Cap is the one bringing up International Law in AvX 3, and even Iron Man, TONY STARK for God's sake, tells Cap that he doesn't know what grounds he has for detaining the X-Men... and we all know Iron Man isn't one for needing his legal ducks in a row...

    This can all be explained away by the fact that Utopia's status is currently unclear. It would be considered disputed territory if anythign. The United states as a good claim that its their territory and its occupants would certainly disagree. But We are to believe the UN is not very friendly towards Utopia at the moment, correct?

  14. #44
    Elder Member CMBMOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    It appears the United States considers Utopia their territory. The X-men no doubt disagree but that is why some territory is 'disputed'.

    And while its debatable they certain have a good case in an international court to make at any rate as it is well with in their territorial waters. Even if the X-men claimed otherwise I think we are supposed to believe that not many in the international community would champion their cause at the moment. Schism showed the mutants were not considered friends by many in the international community.

    As far as US law goes the Avengers probably are in the legal right here. (though if ordered to stand down by the united states they would have to, or they'd be renegade)
    And we all know how Captain America is at being a renegade.

  15. #45
    Senior Member The_Ronin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    And we all know how Captain America is at being a renegade.
    He is certainly willing to disregard, or go against his government if he feels they are in the wrong. But he currently feels they are in the right. Something Iron Man mentioned to him in AVX #3 today.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •