Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how sad. if this were captain america being forced to surrender to a sentinel under false pretenses, this board would have 100+ pages strong. but since it's a bunch of nobody mutants, it's ok to make light of extermination-level threats.

perhaps if we all put burning crosses and hanging nooses in falcon's neighborhood, people would get a clue.
    Guess we'll find out if the Avengers have to surrender to Magneto and Doc Nemesis at some point.

Speaking of which, how has Magneto not killed Nemesis at some point?
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    Mike seriously dude its not even cute anymore or annoying its just silly.

Don't be silly Mike! come back into the light, come back!
    I think I will stop being silly after this event is over and stop reading most of the Avengers books completely. Two many villains pretending to be heroes and avengers, The avengers used to be Heroes, not they are hypocrites and scumbags. Ellis even managed t show Cap as a scumbag and a moral coward.

Most of the Avengers line , at least with this editorial team is a place where it is hard to tell the villains from the heroes anymore, except the villains might get punished occasionally and the Heroes do not. It has simply become depressing to read books with Hypocrites and thugs as the so called heroes. But fans seem top prefer corrupt and hypocritical heroes so I will have to just wait until this passes. I stuck though the "gritty" nineties stuff but this is too much. I have this irration expectaion that at least in comic books evil actions will have consequences not simply be forgotten in a few issues

When fans are cheering on cold blooded murder of character and the Avengers playing authoritarian thugs it s probably just time to leave these books.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yes, assimilation has bad connotations, and it's because the government has marginalized the mutants through their whole existence that I am talking like this. The Scott Summers camp doesn't want to assimilate into the community because the community has shown to frequently want to eliminate them, so the Summers camp don't want any part of them. Cap sees it as the X-Men have to integrate into the community despite the threats. Scott can't conceive of that kind of change in the situation. Cap's vision for the X-Men is to facilitate that they do assimilate.
    This is why I call Scott's plan a survivalist one. It's focused around not getting exterminated, and to do that it separates, goes after threats proactively, and makes frequent shows of power to warn others. I think a big thing, though, is that it is not a long term plan. This is only supposed to go until they can somehow restore the mutant race. That's a major difference between the two sides, Blue and Gold. Utopia is a temporary solution, until they can get back to their desired status quo. Logan, I think, has essentially given up on a restoration, and is just planning on teaching the last remnants of mutant kind until they can go back out into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    Guess we'll find out if the Avengers have to surrender to Magneto and Doc Nemesis at some point.

Maybe Marvel is just wanting a "soft retcon" and is ignoring that whole thing, and pretending it never happened. Sort of like how they seem to be treating the whole "Xorneto" fiasco, and most of the PF's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebon Phantom View Post
    Did reread it a while ago.
    Then if you're sticking to "Cyclops knew it would all work out" you're either being horribly, horribly naive or wilfully ignoring the events. One would point out that neither the writers nor editorial teams share your view of these events, as they serve as a clear marker on the road to Schism.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post

Well, Nemesis has spent the past 60 years killing Nazis. Sure, he worked for them during WW2, but he changed his mind after the war. And then started killing them. Often in rather bizarre situations. Actually, he was killing Nazis when the X-Men recruited him.

Besides, Scott seems to like . . . uh, tolerate Nemesis. Since Scott's in charge, Magneto's willing to do the same.

So much hilarious blue text.

For anyone who's interested the tl;dr is "GAY NOT CANON. ACADEMY NOT PRISON. SUN NOT SET UNLESS SHOWN ON-PANEL AND SPELLED OUT AS IF FOR 5-YEAR-OLD."

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    sixteen million innocent mutants were nuked in e for extinction by sentinels and it was all over the news. the avengers knew all about it, the entire public knew about it. whatever their purpose was before that day is completely irrelevant. they were used as holocaust machines on that day, and i repeat: unless tigra is a complete idiot, she knows what those machines represent.
    Was that Genosha? What issue was that?

Mark_S

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ronin View Post
    The Other heroes should know Sentinels are symbols of mutant oppression, You are 100 percent right.

On the other hand the Mutants need to understand that the Avengers are not villains out to kill Mutants, and if they see a sentinel hanging out at the West Coast Avengers compound its probably not out to get them and they should ask around before freaking out.
    Maybe adults would, kids who are being held prisoner might not see it that way. I'm sure they've heard all about Sentinel robots and I doubt none of what they have heard is good. Right now I don't think that they trust anyone at the Academy.

Mark_S

Avenger fan: Oh, yea, it's okay to hold people against their will who haven't committed a crime or acted as soldiers because the living situation is not overtly terrible! No one has a right to freedom when you have an offer of adequate comfort!
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    Avenger fan: Oh, yea, it's okay to hold people against their will who haven't committed a crime or acted as soldiers because the living situation is not overtly terrible! No one has a right to freedom when you have an offer of adequate comfort!
    and board games!

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    and board games!
    And lesbians!

BANNED

Lesbian board games?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Badger View Post
    Lesbian board games?
    Sounds like prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sparky View Post
    Uh-huh. And Rob Liefield intended Shatterstar to not be gay and has stated that if he ever has the opportunity, he'd retcon the relationship to Richtor. Of course, in the meantime, he and Richtor seem to have been fabulous together. Author intent and what becomes canon aren't the same thing.
    Problem is Rob never actually gave any indication one way or the other in regards to shatterstar's sexuality, except him being oblivious to interest from Feral and Siryn. There's a difference between author intent that never saw the printed page versus author intent behind a scene that actually happened.

Herc likes cock, get over it. [/canon]
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---