Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Avengers Academy #29 *Spoilers*

Herc shows off his bod.
    Then Quinjet landed. X-Kids being brought there.
    THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING PEOPLE HAVE BEEN QUESTIONING!!! "Can't bring them to JGS because they would rile up the kids there." "They aren't in trouble, just being kept out of the war."
    Shaw is put in a cell.
    X-Kids vs. AA kids Olympics!
    Transonic vs. Julie Power race!
    Dust talks to X-23!
    Loa gets Mettle surfing again! Hazmat hugs Loa!
    Velocidad and Surge mad that they are out of the fight.
    X-23 and Finesse Train.
    Shaw gets out because he had books with him, kept hitting himself until he had enough strength to punch through floor.
    Issue ends.

I LOVE THIS ISSUE! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!
    5/5! JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS ISSUE!!!

How the Hell did Box design a concentration camp on the Moon, but didn't see that flaw in his design or install this new thing called a Camera!
    Cyclops ad portas

BANNED

I can't believe I'm rooting for Shaw. I mean, he's always been amazing, but this time I actually want him to beat the crap out of Tigra. AND THEN VIDEOTAPE IT.

The curious one.

I was amazed at the moral hopscotch that was being played. I wonder if Cap realizes that he's asking the Academy kids to be jailers, spies and persuaders. Almost like the Hitler youth before World War 2. Very little of the anger you'd expect from the kids is evident. What ever Gage says the Academy has just become a prison and the kids are the guards. Meanwhile Tigra is as ineffective as I've ever seen her and I wonder what they will do after they stop someone from trying to leave. I think Gage is really under-estimating the anger that the kids from Utopia should have, though I maybe over estimating it. After all if you are a mutant in the mu this sort of thing-having your home destroyed and then being herded into a semi-prison-might be the sort of thing that they are used to. From the looks of the first issue I think this is going to be soft-soap sell on Cap's actions in AvX.

Mark_S

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I LOVE THIS ISSUE! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!
    5/5! JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS ISSUE!!!
    I'm with you there; a fantastic issue. The Transonic/Lightspeed race and the heart-warming moment between Mettle, Hazmat and Loa alone made the whole thing worthwhile to me. With Herc there, I should have expected that something completely out of the left field like the AvX Olympics would happen.

Excellently done, Mr. Gage. I can't wait to find out how things will turn out.

THEY EXPLAIN EVERYTHING PEOPLE HAVE BEEN QUESTIONING!!!
    So what was the explanation for some of the X-kids, especially Teon, not going after Hope? Did they get brainwashed or power-dampened?

Why was Shaw put in a cell? I heard he is quite nice, now that he is amnesic... Nicer than Angry Nori or Teon, anyway.
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    So what was the explanation for some of the X-kids, especially Teon, not going after Hope? Did they get brainwashed or power-dampened?

Why was Shaw put in a cell? I heard he is quite nice, now that he is amnesic... Nicer than Angry Nori or Teon, anyway.
    Like everything in AvX, because Wolverine was being a little bitch.

like I say AvX in the Olympic games

Quote Originally Posted by quillero View Post
    I can't believe I'm rooting for Shaw. I mean, he's always been amazing, but this time I actually want him to beat the crap out of Tigra. AND THEN VIDEOTAPE IT.
    what kind of evil spirit has possessed you, that you would want such evilness to be done
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    I was amazed at the moral hopscotch that was being played. I wonder if Cap realizes that he's asking the Academy kids to be jailers, spies and persuaders. Almost like the Hitler youth before World War 2. Very little of the anger you'd expect from the kids is evident. What ever Gage says the Academy has just become a prison and the kids are the guards. Meanwhile Tigra is as ineffective as I've ever seen her and I wonder what they will do after they stop someone from trying to leave. I think Gage is really under-estimating the anger that the kids from Utopia should have, though I maybe over estimating it. After all if you are a mutant in the mu this sort of thing-having your home destroyed and then being herded into a semi-prison-might be the sort of thing that they are used to. From the looks of the first issue I think this is going to be soft-soap sell on Cap's actions in AvX.

Mark_S
    cap didn't ordered them to be jailers, I mean ow you are taking this out context on some crusade against Avengers or cap. or god knows what

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    How the Hell did Box design a concentration camp on the Moon, but didn't see that flaw in his design or install this new thing called a Camera!
    Concentration Camp on the moon, you say?
    Could that be where Magik takes the Widow for their face off???

cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

BANNED

I CAN'T BREATHE! I'm laughing too hard!

Also...who is Box?
    cpjudd.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Also...who is Box?
    One of the science team members.

One of the science team members.
    Madison Jeffries? Okay...so what is this talk of concentration camps on the moon?
    cpjudd.com

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis X View Post
    like I say AvX in the Olympic games

what kind of evil spirit has possessed you, that you would want such evilness to be done
    cap didn't ordered them to be jailers, I mean ow you are taking this out context on some crusade against Avengers or cap. or god knows what
    Which is why I'm asking for your help. Welcome the kids from Utopia. Show them the advantages of Avengers Academy. But if they attempt to leave, attack or do anything to escalate this difficult situation... Stop them.
    Thus says Cap-leader of the Avengers-to the kids at Avengers Academy. In my opinion that says "be nice to them, show them how good it is here and how much better it would be to become an Avenger instead of an X-men, but remember they can't leave so you are their jailers." If he didn't mean for the kids to be jailers he would have told Tigra not to let anyone leave.

Mark_S

Maddison Jeffries has not gone by Box for some time.

Judging by what I've heard if Grummet was not on art I might buy it.