Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Impact View Post
    Look here dude, I said the entire Trinity was killed too easily...and they were. My beef with Wonder Woman is they also slaughtered her nation, ensuring there would be no one to take up her legacy. Batman and Superman have obvious ace's in the hole thanks to Power Girl and Huntress. Wonder Woman gets nobody because they don't care about her mythos like they care about the rest.
    Technically, those two are absent from Earth-2 as well.

I suspect that at some point somebody's going to need to fetch the bracers and lasso from Apokalips, which is where I presume they ended up. Would be nice if there was an Earth-2 Barda; prob'ly is, if there's an Earth-2 Steppenwolf. Could be fun, if anybody at DC remembers that comic books are supposed to be fun.
    Last edited by SteveGus; 05-03-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

I hope we do get to see That Diana had a Protege. Hopefully its a Male. I liked Fury, but with Bruce and Kal having Kara and Helena, just would make the dynamic flow better. Make him a Fury instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post

I suspect that at some point somebody's going to need to fetch the bracers and lasso from Apokalips, which is where I presume they ended up. Would be nice if there was an Earth-2 Barda; prob'ly is, if there's an Earth-2 Steppenwolf. Could be fun, if anybody at DC remembers that comic books are supposed to be fun.
    There isn't an Earth 2 Steppewolf, there's only one. Darkseid and his cronies are singular creations that have the power and technology to cross multiple earths.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post

There is not an Earth-2 Steppenwolf, the New Gods are being treated as multiversal singularities now, Darkseid basically is invading multiple universes at once. Not that I am saying that Big Barda could not appear in Earth-2, just clarifying she would not be Earth-2 specific.

EDIT: What Maximum Impact said.

There isn't an Earth 2 Steppewolf, there's only one. Darkseid and his cronies are singular creations that have the power and technology to cross multiple earths.
    While I'd hate the lasso to end up in anyone's hands as a tool moving forward, I must admit that it would make for an interesting scenario. It's such a nifty artifact!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post
    There is not an Earth-2 Steppenwolf, the New Gods are being treated as multiversal singularities now, Darkseid basically is invading multiple universes at once. Not that I am saying that Big Barda could not appear in Earth-2, just clarifying she would not be Earth-2 specific.

You owe me a Coke.
    Last edited by Maximum Impact; 05-03-2012 at 07:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    While I'd hate the lasso to end up in anyone's hands as a tool moving forward, I must admit that it would make for an interesting scenario. It's such a nifty artifact!
    Only if someone is willing to take up her mantle, otherwise let it remain in the dirt. Now would be the perfect time to introduce Donna Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Theozilla View Post

You owe me a Coke.
    Ha, I'm just surprised we had the same thought, usually our opinions are pretty opposite (although this more technically a factual clarification...)

Some interesting info from James Robinson on Earth-2
    Quote Originally Posted by James Robinson View Post
    Alan Scott will step up and become, in his own way, the Superman of Earth 2 in terms of his power and in terms of the fact that he is going to stand and watch over the planet in Superman's name.

Hawkgirl is going to rise to the occasion. Remembering back to the days that Hawkman and Hawkgirl were in "Detective Comics" and everything else, she is not only a kick ass warrior, she's also the greatest detective of Earth 2.

This new team of heroes is going to fill the gaps of void that is left with the death of the Big 3. They rise to the occasion and they eventually become the Justice Society of America and save the world!
    One of the things that you are going to see about Earth 2 is that it's not a magical place or a sorcerers' world, but it does have a slightly metaphysical feel to it. Science doesn't work exactly the same as it does on Earth Prime. With that in mind, I wanted his origin to have a slightly metaphysical element to it. And also, the only flaw with Jay Garrick in his entire career is that his origin of inhaling hard water is so vague and ill-defined, it must have been made up on the spot by the writer. This is the one thing that I'm changing; he actually gets a mantle passed to him by a dying god.
    Interesting that Hawkgirl will apparently fulfill Batman's previous role. Also guess the Roman Gods are more "sciencey" than Earth Prime's Greek Gods.

That $#*t wasn't epic worth a damn. They died because it was written that way.

It's a comic...everything that happens is because it was written that way.

BANNED

"Say kids what time is it?" Time to go pick up my people for the midnight showing of Avengers, I'll tell you all about it when I get back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jack-be-nimble View Post
    It's a comic...everything that happens is because it was written that way.
    That's very true, but sometimes things are much more contrived than others. This is one of those times.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Dude. I read some of that mini, and I'm pretty sure it was Helena Burtinelli. Notice how in issue #1 I think, she refers to Batman as "Batman", not "dad." If it were Helena Wayne, she would've said dad.
    Wasn't she talking about the Batman on the same earth she's living on? That Batman is no Helena Wayne's dad. He died on Earth Two.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I didn't realize that. I wonder if this is true in general of all DC gods?
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

I would argue that Superman and Batman don't have ace in the hole heir-apparents with Power Girl and Huntress off-planet. Yes I know Power Girl is working on a way home and yes I have no doubt that at some point those experiments might succeed...but I don't think it'll be for the long-run. I think long-term, Helena and Karen's new home is going to be Earth Prime (guess they are calling it Prime now). I don't think there will be an heir to Superman nor Batman's role in familial terms anymore than there will be for Wonder Woman. Those are all roles that the reimagined JSA'ers are going to take over.

As far as there being just one set of New Gods, has this been categorically confirmed? I like this scenario best by far, and hope its true, I just haven't seen it concretely stated.