Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    I think depending on the situation anyone would eat a rat to survive.
    Don't care.
    Eat a rat and we're through.

ZNOP, why of all things would you choose peking roast duck? That would've worked much better with filet mignon.

I suddenly had a instant craving for Chinese Food when I was posting that bit
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You haven't been down long enough to have been here for that rather lengthy debate some years ago. Nevertheless... There were many "Playette" haters (Many who are still members here ) who when well out of there way to say otherwise despite what the pages said. I just sayin'.
    I enjoyed Claremont's work enough to stick with his vision and version of things. ^.^
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Well, one question about this theory. Hope is old enough that she's pretty much an adult, and Cyclops knew Jean as a teen as well. So... at this point, we know for a fact they don't look the same, they're not the same person. So is this theory suggesting Jean's mind somehow went into an unrelated baby? That'd seem... odd.
    I don't know how you don't see the stark resemblance between Jean and Hope... But, then again many have said that Jean And Maddie didn't look alike either -- Go figure... In any event She looks like Jean/Madelyne to me
    There are very few artist who draw distinct differences between characters. A lot of them could just look the same with different color pallettes and hair styles.

There's been no confirmation if Jean or Hope look alike on panel. The closest we got is Emma's Jean projection on to Hope, which seems more about Emma than Hope actually looks like her (She's made no comment about her looks specifically.). And the other is the Rachel video conversation between Idie and Fish Girl. The latter is actually a big clue depending on who you believe. I think Rachel has been said to look like Jean (I'm not sure when in the current timeline, but in X-Men The End, Cassandra Nova thought she was Jean).

Idie thinks she looks like Hope, Fish Girl thinks she doesn't. So I guess it comes down to which of those two's opinion you trust.

Hope's gonna have nothing to do with Jean whatsoever and it will be hilarious in that cynical sort of way. I bet Fongji, the true Phoenix, is the force behind Hope's creation.

This will drive me to take the Znop approach to Marvel comics and push me to spend money on Bruce Wayne instead.

I have been neglecting old Bats pretty badly. It may be near time to make amends.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    I have been neglecting old Bats pretty badly. It may be near time to make amends.
    WW! Ironically, I was thinking of "Buried Alien", today... Coincidence??
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Hope being Jean is a waste of a new character. So far the two have acted nothing alike other then the Phoenix motif and being red heads.

Hope is head strong, over confident, at times annoying and also naive when it comes to other people due to being raised primarily as a soldier and then a messiah but in these flaws she has distinctive voice that works for a young character. Nevermind just adding another unnecessary wrinkle to Cable's relationship to Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Hope being Jean is a waste of a new character. So far the two have acted nothing alike other then the Phoenix motif and being red heads.

Hope is head strong, over confident, at times annoying and also naive when it comes to other people due to being raised primarily as a soldier and then a messiah but in these flaws she has distinctive voice that works for a young character. Nevermind just adding another unnecessary wrinkle to Cable's relationship to Jean.

As I been saying when it comes to my theory...

Who really knows what sides of our personalities would be like if they were split off from the whole. Perhaps there is a side of Jean Grey that is head strong, over confident, at times annoying and also naive.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stopu View Post
    OK this whole AvX thing was supposed to be about Hope becoming Phoenix, so why the F did Marvel let Bendis create some other previous Host? Who cares about Fon Li or whatever the hell her name is? She's irrelevent. And does anybody seriously expect Iron Fist to become Phoenix? I don't think so! Just make Hope Phoenix and be done with it!
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

WW! Ironically, I was thinking of "Buried Alien", today... Coincidence??
    What's Buried Alien?
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    OK this whole AvX thing was supposed to be about Hope becoming Phoenix, so why the F did Marvel let Bendis create some other previous Host? Who cares about Fon Li or whatever the hell her name is? She's irrelevent. And does anybody seriously expect Iron Fist to become Phoenix? I don't think so! Just make Hope Phoenix and be done with it!
    This is a variation of your typical Bendis Avengers tie in when it comes to events, he focuses on one character beat, in this case building up the Phoenix connection to Earth using Iron Fist and sprinkles of SHIELD history to help sell it. If you are an Iron Fist fan, this would be the story to pay attention to help his eventual siding with Hope that we've seen throughout the covers and previews for months. If you are not, it is best just to have that title removed from your list for the next couple of months.

But that is just my two cents on it.