Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Can we get a mod to move this to the FanFic forum (or delete it into YABS). They've said a million times she is NOT Jean.

Added to the told you so list.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    Can we get a mod to move this to the FanFic forum (or delete it into YABS). They've said a million times she is NOT Jean.

Ever heard of misdirection?

Marvel would want fans to think they are not bringing Jean Grey back only to end up bringing her back.

Like it or not this would have been the simplest outcome and the most logical. Obviously whether Marvel would have developed Hope as far as they did or any less and still had gone with the Jean reincarnated angle, the change would not have been perminant. Hope would have died like a true messiah, reigniting the mutant species and would have only been a memory for the reasserted Jean.

Now what ever cluster fuck Marvel wants to make of the Phoenix Force and Jean's legacy is up in the air, but it is going to be ugly. Why complicate something that could have been straight forward with this Fongji character and Ironfistings of the PF's history. Marvel executives raging about zombies where they don't belong and twisting contunity to fit the story of the moment, leads to nothing more than a cheap and unsatisfiing product. Why follow any of their stories when they end up as unreadable junk like Fear Itself. Thank God at least Gillen's issues are actually better than the event itself. Gives some sliver of hope that someone, some where is doing things right.

That was nice idea at the conclusion of MC. |If it was done now, I would consider Marvel conceptually bankrupt. Hope is a gem. I would not wish nor approve her ch development be shat upon.

Love and Beauty Shock! Blu Berri's Avatar

Here's a crackpot theory:

The Phoenix Force is approaching earth to impregnate Hope so she can lay an egg that will hatch into Jean.
    In the name of Venus, I will punish you for being this year's fashion disaster!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Here's a crackpot theory:

The Phoenix Force is approaching earth to impregnate Hope so she can lay an egg that will hatch into Jean.

Scotty (Star Trek): "Yeah...and if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon".

I have read all of the Cable comics with Hope running through time and I highly doubt that Hope is Jean Grey. If marvel was to announce that Hope was Jean it would crush me. I really enjoy Hope as her own character. Cable is one of my favs and probably helped with that, but she had to be written well on her own not to be a flop. I really can't see the writers throwing all of that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dragon View Post
    Scotty (Star Trek): "Yeah...and if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon".
    LOL thats great!

Then I would congratulate Marvel on doing something different. And not just having ANOTHER red haired Summers with Phoenix potential. I think it is a great way to bring her back and create new potential story lines for her.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Wouldn't it be nice if maybe Hope was just the key to Jeans resurrection and not actually Jean. So Hope could be her own character and Jean fans would have her too. That's eating your cake and having it to.

But... If Hope turned out to be Jean reincarnated, that does not mean she would be Jean. She may retain some memories, but she could still be her own person. We would loose Jean, not Hope. At least at first.

Thats why her death would be tragic. A good writer would make you care about a character they would eventually kill of. If they went with the original idea of Jean being reincarnated, they would have to actually develop a new personality for her that is different from the original otherwise it would just be a resurrection.

It would be terrible were that to happen, but if there lies the way of Jean's return...well...Hope's just a Jean/Cable/Jesus/Mary Sue mash-up...and Cable's back in his own right...so good riddance to a pointless clone.

But yes, it would be a terrible means to an end.

I'd rather the Phoenix became a Phoenix egg on the moon with many planets having been destroyed to pay for Jean's rebirth.

It'd be the broccoli people times a billion...and that would be good for Jean's character.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickitlikeajedi View Post
    I have read all of the Cable comics with Hope running through time and I highly doubt that Hope is Jean Grey. If marvel was to announce that Hope was Jean it would crush me. I really enjoy Hope as her own character. Cable is one of my favs and probably helped with that, but she had to be written well on her own not to be a flop. I really can't see the writers throwing all of that away.
    I love Swierczy's Cable too and it sickens me to think that they are the same person. Or a fragment, or whatever. They are nothing alike.