Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Spicy redheads... The Thunderbird's Avatar

Default What if Hope really DID turn out to be Jean?

Now as a Jean fan, I never believed this theory nor did I want to (in fact over two years ago right before Second Coming I asked Tom Brevoort I did not want Hope to be Jean) but I was wondering how everyone would feel if the editors were lying this whole time and threw a curveball at the end of AvX that revealed that Hope is indeed the reincarnated form of Jean Grey. How would you feel? Would this change your opinions on Hope and/or Jean?

Me? I'd probably get a little worried over what's going to happen to Jean. I opposed the Hope is Jean theory because I was worried it could have wiped out Jean's previous life and turn her into a whole new character.
    "Here's da plan: win. If we lose, it's because ya didn't follow da plan."
    -A typical Ork Boss from Warhammer 40,000

Psionica Psychotica Almighty Pejo's Avatar

I'd still not buy their titles.

It would be sodding awful, for everyone.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Psionica Psychotica Almighty Pejo's Avatar

Come to think of it, the sheer amount of stupidity and mutual amounts of shat falling on both fan bases makes this seem like a very plausible route for Marvel to take.

Return of the Jedi Last1oftheJedi's Avatar

I sincerly hope this doesn't happen. It would wreck two characters for the price of one...All those years of building Hope into her own person...flushed...All the continuity that suggests Jean is still in the WHR, flushed.
    It's a slap in the face to the creators of the concepts of both characters, thier story lines, as well as the fans.
    If they did do this though, then yes, it would change my opinion of Hope. Now she's just another Jean clone...didn't have enough of those in the Marvel U already...and as for Jean herself, I have to steal a quote from Logan in the first of Endsong: "No, please Jean...not again..."
    If Jean returned, I'd like her to return as the true phoenix, and perhapse take a Surfer like role in the Marvel U, as a cosmic being that went cruising the galaxy as a superhero. I've read Jean/Phoenix as an X-Man...time...and time...and time again.
    I know, Claremont created something amazing, now lets do something original and new with her, instead of rehashing the same plot line...
    I was playin' in the beginnin'. The rules all changed. I've been chewed up, and spit out, and booed off stage. - Eminem
    I dare you to make less sense - Dean Venture
    Squirrel Tactic!- Dale Gribble

i will laugh for three years.

and drop all the book that she appears.

How is Jean still (merged with) the Phoenix and in the WHR if the Phoenix is coming to earth and having planet snacks on the way? WTF?
    I've got a gut feeling in my stomach...

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    How is Jean still (merged with) the Phoenix and in the WHR if the Phoenix is coming to earth and having planet snacks on the way? WTF?
    I've been going with the idea that it's only a shard going for Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerukun878 View Post
    I've been going with the idea that it's only a shard going for Hope.
    0h, seems so odd that Jean is just doing nothing about it though...I guess we'll wait and see. I can be content with the shard idea for now :)
    I've got a gut feeling in my stomach...

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

She'd start wearing Momjeans.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

What a completely awful twist that would be

I would suddenly like her.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

You mean what if Hope ended up being funji?
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Exclamation

But if the Messiah Baby had been Jean reborn like they originally planned then there never would have been this separate character called Hope.

According to Fraction, Quesada wanted the characters to realize that the baby was Jean reborn when she was still a little baby.

Jean being reborn and still being Phoenix would have fit in with Morrison's New X-Men and Pak's Endsong.

Even Rachel was regrown from a baby back to an adult once by the Phoenix so it would have fit with past continuity.

Now since Hope is her own separate character and the new Phoenix character, the Phoenix continuity is getting a major overhaul and Jean is still dead.

If they had went with their original story, Jean would have been back years ago and would be starring in a huge crossover where she would likely save the mutant race.

Instead Hope is turning into an Iron Fist/Phoenix combination and is being shoe horned as the most important and powerful mutant ever.
    -Professor of Jean Grey Hermeneutics and Phoenix Studies

BANNED

I should've created this thread...what was I thinking by not doing so? lol

Anyway...I'm sticking with my idea that Hope is one of many sides of Jean Grey's personality embedded in the PF fragments that became incarnate to create Jean Grey's new body. When the rest of the PF possesss Hope Jean Grey will likely be reborn in Hope as all sides of Jean Grey's personality merge and become one.
    Last edited by Spider-Dragon; 05-02-2012 at 03:59 PM.