Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    what is this??? my Journey into the mystery on the x-boards???
    NO!!!!
    I guess not many JiM readers felt like following Exiled, but I think I'm definitely picking up the trade later this year.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the art and the writing....
    The preview of the 2d episode looks good too.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the art and the writing....
    The preview of the 2d episode looks good too.
    The art really is great. I don't know what he normally does, but the artist should come over on to New Mutants as a regular.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    My parents didn't want me to work when I was in college either. That's not the point. It's not the same thing. Trust me. You're a college student. College is the time when you're first getting a little taste of the real world, but not the whole thing yet. For all intents and purposes, you're an adult child. You can't live and survive on your own yet. Graduate first and then tell me how "normal" it is.
    It must have been so nice to have such a pampered and privileged childhood, but very few of us had that opportunity. Do you actually think that that is the norm?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    It must have been so nice to have such a pampered and privileged childhood, but very few of us had that opportunity. Do you actually think that that is the norm?
    Leave him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon
    Leave him alone.
    I'm well able to defend myself, but thanks for the support anyway.

EDIT>>> Y'know what? I'm not even going to bother arguing with you.
    Last edited by cookepuss; 05-05-2012 at 04:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    My parents didn't want me to work when I was in college either. That's not the point. It's not the same thing. Trust me. You're a college student. College is the time when you're first getting a little taste of the real world, but not the whole thing yet. For all intents and purposes, you're an adult child. You can't live and survive on your own yet. Graduate first and then tell me how "normal" it is.

If not having a job were normal then unemployment wouldn't be such an issue. As a functional adult and contributing member of society, if you don't have a job then you're pretty screwed. Only when you leave the safety and comfort of the nest and are no longer beholden to your parents do you realize how much money matters. Having been a college student, I can tell you that it's not the real world. It's just not. You may learn a lot, but it skews your view on how things actually work.

This thing with Dani & Bobby is not about the working guy screwing over the rich. It's about demonstrating exactly what I just said. If you're going to live on your own, as an adult, you have to do as adults do. Until then, you're just playing house. Bobby may have the benefit of a trust fund, but 99.9% of the world doesn't. If he wants to understand the world that he's going to live in then he actually has to live in it. Xavier's sheltered him, as did his parents' wealth.

It's just weird reading some of these posts. It sounds as if some people think that "work" is a dirty word. Let Bobby get a job. It builds character and lines the pockets. Also, since when was it such a bad thing for superheroes to have day jobs? Balancing both of their lives is a classic storytelling element.
    Okay I know how the real world works.....as it relates to me. Everyone has their own reality, the same reality for you isn't the same for a farm girl living in the balkans. I have plenty of friends who have jobs in college, I thought about it and just wouldn't want to work somewhere that is not the career I have chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    Sunspot is the only sensible one here smh

jobs are for idiots and the poor
    ugh, I wholeheartedly agree with you on this...lol

It is for people who are wealthy. My family is no where near as well off as the Dacosta's but I don't have to work if I don't want to, apparently neither does Bobby there is nothing wrong with his parents going to school and working really hard so that their son doesn't have too. Isn't that the point of raising kids?? To provide them with a life and opportunists that you didn't have?

Jarv wrote a wonderful song about these trust fund babiesz slumming it up with the "Common People".

BANNED

Who's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Wow, greatest review ever... <<shakes head and turnes back to this>>
    fuck off shithead