Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Dug it. Looking forward to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    That's also a very real possibility, but could there be someone lined up who wants to take over the book? If so I hope they shake things up, a lot.
    I'm very afraid that it could be repurposed into a Cable book.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Slightly off topic although im not sure it's it's enough to create an entire topic for:
    Since the Gold team generally has legal guardianship over the kids shouldn't JGHS technically should count as a homeschool which means they'll be getting tests from the education board to see what they actually learned?
    While I think JGS is counted as a boarding school, I'll answer this:

No. They'll probably have to take in curriculums and tests that they've had, but they don't take tests given by the schoolboard unless it's standardized testing.

This is coming from someone who actually is homeschooled, so...

I thought it was well played. I love how Marvel is giving a middle finger to white supremacist groups by turning some of the most notable Norse(Hemidall and Sigurd(Siegfried) characters black.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

BANNED

The best Sigurd, (Jarlson), will always be white.

gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    I'm very afraid that it could be repurposed into a Cable book.
    God, let's hope so.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    The best Sigurd, (Jarlson), will always be white.
    Yes, and in love with pipe.

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    Ugh I know. She has this weird obsession with the middle class. Fuck off for trying to force her male rommate to get a job while she sits at home watching dr phil and eating bugles.
    Even middle class isn't to her "normal" standard. She wants them to be like starving college beatniks... for no other reason than to make this series like some MTV reality show of 15 years ago.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

so... aren't bobby and amara rich? why are they broke? what happened to the dacosta fortune?
    I Draw Pictures All Day:
    http://mikesegawa.com/

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tunasammiches View Post
    so... aren't bobby and amara rich? why are they broke? what happened to the dacosta fortune?
    Dani told him to be "normal." So that means no money. He offered to buy the group better furniture and TVs and stuff, but she only wants a black & white analog set.

I hope, when all of this is done, the group is served an eviction notice from the DaCosta Corporation, and Bobby speeds off in a Veyron, flipping Dani off.
    Last edited by The Black Guardian; 05-02-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by tunasammiches View Post
    What happened is Dani's a micromanaging control freak who needs to feel like she's still useful despite no longer numbering among the mutants. She's miserable and therefore must impose her misery on her friends.

All he wanted was one 3D home cinema with dolby digital surround sound entertainment system, Dani. One! Have a heart, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Black Asgardian is the character we have been waiting for. Adios Blue Marvel.
    The real question that should be asked is why are all the powerful black characters on the sideline doing nuthin.

Whats next a Black Watcher?
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    What happened is Dani's a micromanaging control freak who needs to feel like she's still useful despite no longer numbering among the mutants. She's miserable and therefore must impose her misery on her friends.

All he wanted was one 3D home cinema with dolby digital surround sound entertainment system, Dani. One! Have a heart, girl!
    IMO, the worse part is Dani is not even leading by example. She does not have job.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    What does Dani have against rich people? Using his (presumable) college education and connections to get himself a high paying job instead of slumming through want ads for jobs that would probably refuse to hire him because of his skin colour doesn't seem very nice or reasonable. I think she's getting some sort of cheap sexual thrill from trying to force Bobby to "slum it up" or take jobs where he is subservient to others. Or perhaps it's punishment for him lusting after Amara instead of her?
    This.
    I'm in college now and i don't have a job...my parents prefer that (my dad) and I'm pretty "normal "

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    I don't get how they can have a dog in this house for months and keep using that stupid "Airbud" joke of Warlock coughing whenever the dog barks and everyone saying "hmm, does Warlock seem strange 2 u???"

The black guy across the street is the strongest Asgardian of all time. I think he killed everyone. :o

Dani Moonstar is trying to get Sunspot off his lazy ass to work, to make them seem "normal," even though he's got a billion dollar trust fund. So "normal" folk can't be unemployed?

8/10
    Wow, greatest review ever... <<shakes head and turnes back to this>>

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    This.
    I'm in college now and i don't have a job...my parents prefer that (my dad) and I'm pretty "normal "
    My parents didn't want me to work when I was in college either. That's not the point. It's not the same thing. Trust me. You're a college student. College is the time when you're first getting a little taste of the real world, but not the whole thing yet. For all intents and purposes, you're an adult child. You can't live and survive on your own yet. Graduate first and then tell me how "normal" it is.

If not having a job were normal then unemployment wouldn't be such an issue. As a functional adult and contributing member of society, if you don't have a job then you're pretty screwed. Only when you leave the safety and comfort of the nest and are no longer beholden to your parents do you realize how much money matters. Having been a college student, I can tell you that it's not the real world. It's just not. You may learn a lot, but it skews your view on how things actually work.

This thing with Dani & Bobby is not about the working guy screwing over the rich. It's about demonstrating exactly what I just said. If you're going to live on your own, as an adult, you have to do as adults do. Until then, you're just playing house. Bobby may have the benefit of a trust fund, but 99.9% of the world doesn't. If he wants to understand the world that he's going to live in then he actually has to live in it. Xavier's sheltered him, as did his parents' wealth.

It's just weird reading some of these posts. It sounds as if some people think that "work" is a dirty word. Let Bobby get a job. It builds character and lines the pockets. Also, since when was it such a bad thing for superheroes to have day jobs? Balancing both of their lives is a classic storytelling element.