Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    What does Dani have against rich people? Using his (presumable) college education and connections to get himself a high paying job instead of slumming through want ads for jobs that would probably refuse to hire him because of his skin colour doesn't seem very nice or reasonable. I think she's getting some sort of cheap sexual thrill from trying to force Bobby to "slum it up" or take jobs where he is subservient to others. Or perhaps it's punishment for him lusting after Amara instead of her?
    Ugh I know. She has this weird obsession with the middle class. Fuck off for trying to force her male rommate to get a job while she sits at home watching dr phil and eating bugles.

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    Did any of the New Mutants besides Karma ever go to college?
    I don't recall them ever having the time.
    Cannonball is 21 he should be in college.

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    Did any of the New Mutants besides Karma ever go to college?
    I don't recall them ever having the time.
    He has been groomed by his father to take over the family business eventually and at minimum is skilled enough with law contracts to actually manage a deal with Mojo that actually turned out to be in his favor without loss of limbs/life.(If im remembering the wrong person I apologize but i do think it was him brokering that deal with Mojo) Even if he didn't get the degree he must have had the basic education needed. Black King of the Hellfire Club make a good resume too i'd think?
    Last edited by Khajit; 05-02-2012 at 11:02 AM.

BANNED

Isn't Amara rich, too? She's a princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    What does Dani have against rich people?
    Nothing. It's the whole issue of, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." For the NMs to understand the plight of the people they're trying to save and integrate with, they can't live above them. They can't live on some secluded island, as Cyclops would want. They can live the sheltered life that Logan would want. If integration is the dream then that's precisely how Dani wants them to live, integrated. Bobby could live "la vida Trump" if he wanted to, but that hardly makes him a hero of the people. As Dani sees it, living like that would make them lose perspective. Not everybody's as rich as Bobby. Only the X-Men have access to advanced Shiar technology. The NMs have lived too much of their lives out of touch with reality. Dani is trying to ground them more.

Using his (presumable) college education
    Not one of these New Mutants is a college graduate. It's safe to assume that, being 17 when she joined, Dani has some college level education from Xaviers, but that's about it. Bobby was 13 when he joined. At most, he's got a highschool degree. Let's also not forget that, after Fall of the Mutants, their education was spotty at best. Magneto took over and was doing a piss poor job. Then, Cable came in and the only school any of them went to was the school of hard knocks.

connections to get himself a high paying job instead of slumming through want ads for jobs
    1. Where would the fun be then? Heroes who have everything come to them so easily are boring. Comics feed off of stuff that's hard. It builds drama and character. Peter Parker has made a helluva comic career of having bad luck and a small bank account.

that would probably refuse to hire him because of his skin colour doesn't seem very nice or reasonable.
    Bobby's skin color is always up for debate, as it changes from issue to issue. His dad's dark, but his mom is white - both are Brazilian. Either way.... I'm pretty sure that he'd find a job in the want ads as well as the next guy. It's not 1950. People of color do work. Bobby's biggest "defect" is his big mouth, which can get him into trouble.

I think she's getting some sort of cheap sexual thrill from trying to force Bobby to "slum it up" or take jobs where he is subservient to others.
    That's overstating it. Could she be getting a kick out of keeping Bobby on a tight leash? Sure. then again, being older than him, maybe she sees him as being more of a littler brother type who needs to be taught a thing or two about control and self-restraint. Bobby has impulse control issues. He's very much the Johnny Storm of the team. Dani's just doing her job as their Sue. Her getting a kick out of watching him be normal is just an added bonus. Trust me. I grew up around guys like Bobby, who couldn't find their way around life without their trust funds. A little reality check isn's such a bad thing.

Or perhaps it's punishment for him lusting after Amara instead of her?
    Realty check #2. Bobby hits on anything in a skirt. Dani probably sees that as Bobby being Bobby. I doubt that she has much interest in him anyway. She's had her hands full with Sam and Nate these past few years. Bobby isn't even on her radar.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Isn't Amara rich, too? She's a princess.
    princess of some shitty british suburb lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    I forgot that she forgot that she's a middle-class chick fronting. 'Hi, my name is Alison and I'll be your waitress today."

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cannonball is 21 he should be in college.
    It all depends on who's writing him. Like Dani, Sam was 17 when he joined the team. By the time he left, he was probably already taking college courses at Xavier's. However, we've got no definitive proof that he actually graduated college. All we know is that he "graduated" in the sense that he moved from the junior team to full X-Man status. The details are pretty sketchy. Even being a teacher at Xavier's now isn't proof. Rachel is a teacher and she probably doesn't even have more than a grade school education, growing up in a dystopian future. If Logan can be a headmaster then Xavier's teaching requirements are pretty lax. It's well possible that Sam has some college, but still no degree.

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    It all depends on who's writing him. Like Dani, Sam was 17 when he joined the team. By the time he left, he was probably already taking college courses at Xavier's. However, we've got no definitive proof that he actually graduated college. All we know is that he "graduated" in the sense that he moved from the junior team to full X-Man status. The details are pretty sketchy. Even being a teacher at Xavier's now isn't proof. Rachel is a teacher and she probably doesn't even have more than a grade school education, growing up in a dystopian future. If Logan can be a headmaster then Xavier's teaching requirements are pretty lax. It's well possible that Sam has some college, but still no degree.
    He was recently cited as 21 in Fractions run. And white and free. The teachers at the JGI have no qualifications.

I forgot that she forgot that she's a middle-class chick fronting. 'Hi, my name is Alison and I'll be your waitress today."
    They retconned the Alison Crestmere thing a while back. She's still Amara Aquilla from Nova Roma. The Crestmere persona persona was revealed to be fake and Elixir wiped it out.

Ugh I know. She has this weird obsession with the middle class. Fuck off for trying to force her male rommate to get a job while she sits at home watching dr phil and eating bugles.
    OMG you guys are hilarious today. The bugles and the fronting made me bust out at work. hahahaha
    Oh gawd. shitty british suburb. Its too good. haha
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

He was recently cited as 21 in Fractions run. And white and free. The teachers at the JGI have no qualifications.
    Didn't dispute that he's 21. Makes sense seeing as how he was 17 when they introduced him in 1982. That's make Bobby 17 or 18 now, seeing as how he was 13 when he debuted in `82. As far as the "white and free" thing goes.... Let's not go there. That's an ugly place to go. And, yeah, I agree with you about JGI. It's only a matter of time before we're introduced to Professor Toad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cookepuss View Post
    They retconned the Alison Crestmere thing a while back. She's still Amara Aquilla from Nova Roma. The Crestmere persona persona was revealed to be fake and Elixir wiped it out.
    I guess it's back in now that Cypher's baseball bat has knocked some goddamn sense into her head. Why else is she trying for these waitressing jobs?

I guess it's back in now that Cypher's baseball bat has knocked some goddamn sense into her head. Why else is she trying for these waitressing jobs?
    Are YOU the same now as when you were a kid? No. Right? It's called growing up. Amara, as a character, has evolved a lot over the years. When she joined the team, her whole world was that little isolated spot of Nova Roma. She had no exposure to the outside world. Since joining, she's seen the world. She's met lots of people from every walk of life. If Amara stayed the same as when we first met her then it'd be boring. Character development is the name of the game, something which the NM have usually done much better than their "senior class" brethren.

it's possible they cheated and had the knowledge imparted telepathically for some of the basic stuff. Iceman is a math teacher despite having a degree in accounting and the first thing my accounting teacher told me in high school was that your math knowledge/ability has nothing to do with accounting because you're using the calculator for the math or a computer already did it for you.

Emma frost also pulled alot of strings in the board of education for everyone.
    It's a shame we didn't get any human teachers since seeing the reactions to the "interesting" aspects of mutant culture could be fun.
    Last edited by Khajit; 05-02-2012 at 11:35 AM.