Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default EXILED #1 Review: The black guy is omega level

I don't get how they can have a dog in this house for months and keep using that stupid "Airbud" joke of Warlock coughing whenever the dog barks and everyone saying "hmm, does Warlock seem strange 2 u???"

The black guy across the street is the strongest Asgardian of all time. I think he killed everyone. :o

Dani Moonstar is trying to get Sunspot off his lazy ass to work, to make them seem "normal," even though he's got a billion dollar trust fund. So "normal" folk can't be unemployed?

8/10
    Last edited by Prodigy55; 05-02-2012 at 10:18 AM.

YES!! The armour looks like Heimdalls from the Thor movie.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I hope black guy comes over and tells them to stfu. omega-style.

Sounds like the Tales of the City Armistead Maupin didn't have the balls to write!

is nobody interested in deep meaningful prose anymore?

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Bobby gets some pretty great lines, including a pretty meta one that echoes what I'll bet a lot of fans have thought:

"Man, this Asgardian stuff always weirds me out. Dani, when are you going to stop being a Valkyrie?"

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

"Was that a dog I just heard?"

BANNED

ok the solcitation says a warrior mighter than thor would return WHO IS IT (please be Bor please be Bor please be Bor)

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    I don't get how they can have a dog in this house for months and keep using that stupid "Airbud" joke of Warlock coughing whenever the dog barks and everyone saying "hmm, does Warlock seem strange 2 u???"
    Go back to the issue for a second. Warlock had only had hel-puppy for a few days. Not months. Not by a long shot. This story takes place right after they first met Mephisto in #30. As far the Air Bud joke goes.... Talent imitates. Genius steals.

The black guy across the street is the strongest Asgardian of all time. I think he killed everyone. :o
    Oh, okay. End of story then. Let's all go home, guys. Nobody left to read about. Seeing as how this story takes place in flashback, nobody's dead.

Dani Moonstar is trying to get Sunspot off his lazy ass to work, to make them seem "normal," even though he's got a billion dollar trust fund. So "normal" folk can't be unemployed?
    Sure they can, provided that they don't like to eat and prefer the cozy accommodations of cardboard boxes. Keep in mind, at this point in the book, Dani wants them to live on their own, like adults and like the average folks. She doesn't want Bobby dipping into his not so insignificant bank account. She doesn't want them to mooch off of the X-Men's resources. She wants them to blend in, as much as any X-team can. Leave it up to Bobby and they'd have a Ferrari parked outside, lots of big TVs, and whatever else his money can buy. Bobby doesn't live small.

Personally, I rate this book 8/10 too, but only because I think that there's room for growth. It was still a great issue though.
    Last edited by cookepuss; 05-02-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Which one's going to be a barista?

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    ok the solcitation says a warrior mighter than thor would return WHO IS IT (please be Bor please be Bor please be Bor)
    Not Bor. Sorry. I won't tell you who, but I will say that it's that guy that everybody here mislabeled as being Bedlam, who is (thankfully) still out of the picture.

Black Asgardian is the character we have been waiting for. Adios Blue Marvel.

What does Dani have against rich people? Using his (presumable) college education and connections to get himself a high paying job instead of slumming through want ads for jobs that would probably refuse to hire him because of his skin colour doesn't seem very nice or reasonable. I think she's getting some sort of cheap sexual thrill from trying to force Bobby to "slum it up" or take jobs where he is subservient to others. Or perhaps it's punishment for him lusting after Amara instead of her?

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    What does Dani have against rich people? Using his (presumable) college education and connections to get himself a high paying job instead of slumming through want ads for jobs that would probably refuse to hire him because of his skin colour doesn't seem very nice or reasonable. I think she's getting some sort of cheap sexual thrill from trying to force Bobby to "slum it up" or take jobs where he is subservient to others. Or perhaps it's punishment for him lusting after Amara instead of her?
    Did any of the New Mutants besides Karma ever go to college?
    I don't recall them ever having the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    What's wrong with exposing Bobby to the noble proletariat workforce? It might finally put some iron in his rod.