Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Wagner, Flint & MacNeil Give Verdict on Dredd's Dark Judges

John Wagner reveals why he's resurrecting the Dark Judges in "2000 AD," teasing the return of original super-fiend Judge Death, as artists Henry Flint and Colin MacNeil share their thoughts on bringing back the classic villains.

Full article here.

So good. I've wanted to see these evil bastards return for years. Going to be glorious.
    DROKK IT!!

Question. I have been reading the new case files books and really interested in Judge Dredd. Which are fantastic BTW. So I been wanting to read other Dredd stories but not familiar with all of them. I find it a little confusing going between 2000 AD and Judge Dredd books. What are some books I can get to fill my need of Judge Dredd. Including anything leading up to this story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedmoses View Post
    Question. I have been reading the new case files books and really interested in Judge Dredd. Which are fantastic BTW. So I been wanting to read other Dredd stories but not familiar with all of them. I find it a little confusing going between 2000 AD and Judge Dredd books. What are some books I can get to fill my need of Judge Dredd. Including anything leading up to this story arc.
    So far the case files only cover up to the early 90s. Case files 14, which has the Necropolis story, is probably the most important one to read for background on Day of Chaos. You could also read America, a side story from around that era which is considered to be a classic and provides the backstory on Judge Beeny from the current stories. After that it's worth reading The Pit, which was more or less the start of 'modern' Dredd and the first time the strip did a long police procedural type story, plus it introduces a few recurring characters. Brothers of the Blood will give you some useful background on Dredd's "family" of clones. Then for the full build-up to Day of Chaos from the last few years you want Origins, Tour of Duty: The Backlash and Tour of Duty: Mega-City Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by nakedmoses View Post
    I'd also recommend Judge Dredd Case Files #5, which is just about to be released in North America. It contains both the original Dark Judges story and The Apocalypse War, both of which feed directly into Day of Chaos as it fills you in on the DJs and also shows you why Soviet terrorists are so hell bent on destroying Mega-City One!

Quote Originally Posted by Molch-R View Post
    I'd also recommend Judge Dredd Case Files #5, which is just about to be released in North America. It contains both the original Dark Judges story and The Apocalypse War, both of which feed directly into Day of Chaos as it fills you in on the DJs and also shows you why Soviet terrorists are so hell bent on destroying Mega-City One!
    Yea I have that one reserved. Comes out in June or July....Cant remember.

But the Soviet Judge looks too fun! I cant wait.
    Last edited by nakedmoses; 05-03-2012 at 09:12 AM.