View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man #10?

Voters
39. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Excited for the next issue!

29 74.36%
  • Good! I liked it!

9 23.08%
  • Meh. It was whatever.

0 0%
  • Bad! I didn't like it!

0 0%
  • Why did I buy this?

1 2.56%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The idea that Prowler is to Miles what Osborn was to Peter is an interesting comparison that I hadn't thought of. Their character dynamic is literally DROOLING with tension for Bendis to exploit, so we'll see where it goes.

I'm with Plawsky though. It's been really hard reading USM issue by issue since Miles' introduction. When I got into comics with USM V1, there were already 9 or 10 hardcovers out so I just ate it up. I got to see some of the long term plots play out and it really helped the experience. I can sense that Bendis is going to do awesome things with Miles and Aaron, but it's so hard watching it in its infancy when the plot moves so slowly like this...
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

Man, USM continues to be my favorite comic coming out. It's unbelievable.

The art was absolutely awesome. Originally I had reserves with Sara going in and out each issue but I have to say with the book is now in good hands. They can switch
    off whenever they want.

And the scene between Aaron and Miles, wow, by far some of the most dramatic moments I've seen in a comic. I know how bendis pulls it off now, I recently discovered that
    he came from a television background in which often they put more focus on character interaction itself. And it comes to life in this comic, and explains why I enjoy it so much.

The Ultimate universe has been killing it. I enjoy Ultimate Xmen, I like Ultimates, and I absolutely love USM as the best book for the Ultimate universe. I wonder why they don't make
    more books.
    Snowstorm Comics is the newest comic book publisher. Releasing their first print "Kindred" from their upcoming comic, "Evolved" you can find out more at snowstormcomics.com

Make Marquez the the main artist on the book. He is fast and his art is constantly improving. Great issue by the way.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

Great issue. Bendis was on his A-game with dialogue. I gotta agree with Plawsky, Bendis toned down the repetitive-circular conversation stuff and it really paid off. Miles and Aaron's relationship is a goldmine of great character moments waiting to happen. And honestly, I can't tell if I hate Aaron or not. He's a really likable guy that does questionable things. I don't know exactly where Bendis is going with him, and I love that. Also, the BEST moment of the issue was when the Ultimates were flying over Miles' head. Miles' inner monologue there was really touching and that moment gave a bit of a reminder that this is the UU. UCSM tends to be so withdrawn from the rest of the UU lately, it was good to see that little nod.
    Comics are more better.

A pretty decent issue but I think I enjoyed it more for the potential it unveiled for future stories rather than the story in the issue itself. I really liked the interplay between Aaron and Miles, and the struggle Miles had with being mentorless. I'm really excited to see how that goes, can he learn something about being a hero from someone who is far from perfect? I don't know but, it's an interesting question that I look forward to seeing explored.

I really liked this issue. The art was spot on and the pacing was great. Scorpion next issue!
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    A pretty decent issue but I think I enjoyed it more for the potential it unveiled for future stories rather than the story in the issue itself. I really liked the interplay between Aaron and Miles, and the struggle Miles had with being mentorless. I'm really excited to see how that goes, can he learn something about being a hero from someone who is far from perfect? I don't know but, it's an interesting question that I look forward to seeing explored.
    I kind of agree with you. Although it was pretty cool to get his perspective on the Avengers.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I kind of agree with you. Although it was pretty cool to get his perspective on the Avengers.
    Ultimates.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by taylor51 View Post
    The idea that Prowler is to Miles what Osborn was to Peter is an interesting comparison that I hadn't thought of. Their character dynamic is literally DROOLING with tension for Bendis to exploit, so we'll see where it goes.

I'm with Plawsky though. It's been really hard reading USM issue by issue since Miles' introduction. When I got into comics with USM V1, there were already 9 or 10 hardcovers out so I just ate it up. I got to see some of the long term plots play out and it really helped the experience. I can sense that Bendis is going to do awesome things with Miles and Aaron, but it's so hard watching it in its infancy when the plot moves so slowly like this...
    Or it could be why rush anything now? Look what we have coming up with Spider-Man in general

1) a already airing cartoon show

2) a new movie

3) Peter and Miles meeting each other

4) the second trade of Miles's series

5) at least 1 Miles action figure and wouldn't it be sneaky of the toy company to sneak in a Spider-Man action figure from the film in Mile's outfit

So why rush anything now? Especially if you got something planned involving someone who hasn't been around in the Ultimate Universe for awhile *Venom*. IF Miles can be come Spider-Man whose to say someone at his school can't become Venom? Like a certain roommate-he's keeping secrets from.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Or it could be why rush anything now? Look what we have coming up with Spider-Man in general

2) a new movie

5) at least 1 Miles action figure and wouldn't it be sneaky of the toy company to sneak in a Spider-Man action figure from the film in Mile's outfit

So why rush anything now? Especially if you got something planned involving someone who hasn't been around in the Ultimate Universe for awhile *Venom*. IF Miles can be come Spider-Man whose to say someone at his school can't become Venom? Like a certain roommate-he's keeping secrets from.
    Because Venom is in Latveria or something. I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

2) a new movie

When is this? I've been checking for Miles every time I visit Wal-Mart. I even made up a chant about it. Me and my girlfriend chant it every time we visit Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Number_5 View Post
    When is this? I've been checking for Miles every time I visit Wal-Mart. I even made up a chant about it. Me and my girlfriend chant it every time we visit Wal-Mart.

http://tinyurl.com/74h3x9u

One is 3.75" and I believe the other one is 6" but they both look pretty terrible to me :P I want a high quality bust of Miles.
    Comics are more better.

Wow, I can't believe how awesome Marquez' art is. No offense to Pichelli but I seriously hope Marquez stays on long-term. His artwork fits the tone of the book so well and Posnor (like always) compliments it perfectly. This issue was great.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    As an individual issue, this was great. But as a continuation of this run, it's just becoming painfully slow. Ten issues in, and very little has still happened.
    In case no one else figured it out I'll just put this out there. I've been saying this for a while, but in the cases of both Invincible and Walking Dead, Kirkman writes his stories in a fashion where every 12 issues could count as a "Season" (had it been on TV rather than in a written medium). The new Ultimate Comics seem to be following suit; Notice how the new "Season" of Ultimates starts with #13, same goes for Spidey and X-Men. In Ultimates Season 1 is the whole City and Reed thing, in X-Men it's the whole Stryker/Sentinel/Camp Angel/Jean/God thing, and in in Spidey it's the whole Prowler/Scorpion thing.

Season 2 of the new UU will be Divided We Fall (across all 3 books).

So yes the story is sort of dragging, but only because the whole story is taking place across 12 issues, as opposed to before where traditionally 6 issues was the most we'd get for a complete story/arc. Ignoring the issue count, if you read issues #1-12 (Season 1) in one sitting it'll (theoretically) read as a more fleshed out and proper story.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    In case no one else figured it out I'll just put this out there. I've been saying this for a while, but in the cases of both Invincible and Walking Dead, Kirkman writes his stories in a fashion where every 12 issues could count as a "Season" (had it been on TV rather than in a written medium). The new Ultimate Comics seem to be following suit; Notice how the new "Season" of Ultimates starts with #13, same goes for Spidey and X-Men. In Ultimates Season 1 is the whole City and Reed thing, in X-Men it's the whole Stryker/Sentinel/Camp Angel/Jean/God thing, and in in Spidey it's the whole Prowler/Scorpion thing.

Season 2 of the new UU will be Divided We Fall (across all 3 books).

So yes the story is sort of dragging, but only because the whole story is taking place across 12 issues, as opposed to before where traditionally 6 issues was the most we'd get for a complete story/arc. Ignoring the issue count, if you read issues #1-12 (Season 1) in one sitting it'll (theoretically) read as a more fleshed out and proper story.
    Dude, yes. I hadn't really made that observation yet but that's totally what they're doing. Although DWF is a different beast because it's only 2 issues for X-Men and Spidey. Don't know how many it is for Ultimates.
    Comics are more better.