Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 120 of 120
  1. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,030

    Default

    I liked how Morrison made this Superman President with Brainiac working for him.

  2. #107

    Default

    This was the first issue of Action under Morrison I really loved. The characters and concepts were pretty interesting. Hope we get a return to this Earth sometime in the future.

  3. #108
    Porn Addict paulski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    8,730

    Default

    Definitely a fun issue, and more like what I was expecting from Morrison on this book. Not that #1-8 have been bad by any means, but a couple of them didn't have that typical GM zip IMO.

  4. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superfriend View Post
    thx

    i just ordered An Unlikely Prophet from Amazon.
    I'm thinking about doing the same, but there are two versions of it. Is there any difference between them beside the subtitle?

  5. #110
    Junior Member superfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    357

    Default

    also, the significance of the number 23. i believe this is the first mention of President Superman's earth being given the designation Earth-23.

  6. #111
    Junior Member superfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celestin View Post
    I'm thinking about doing the same, but there are two versions of it. Is there any difference between them beside the subtitle?
    my local library had Revelations on the Path Without Form, so i put that on hold and ordered A Metaphysical Memoir by the Legendary Writer of Superman and Batman . as for the difference, if any? i shall soon find out.

  7. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superfriend View Post
    my local library had Revelations on the Path Without Form, so i put that on hold and ordered A Metaphysical Memoir by the Legendary Writer of Superman and Batman . as for the difference, if any? i shall soon find out.
    I'd appreciate if you PM me once you compare them.

  8. #113
    Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Wow. I originally didn't think Action was that good, so I dropped it. Then I decided to give it a second shot because I was intrigued by issue 9. I'm so glad I did! I'm all caught up now and issue 9 was just fantastic. I hope we come back to this Earth sometime in the near future.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

  9. #114
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    Wow. I originally didn't think Action was that good, so I dropped it. Then I decided to give it a second shot because I was intrigued by issue 9. I'm so glad I did! I'm all caught up now and issue 9 was just fantastic. I hope we come back to this Earth sometime in the near future.
    We are next issue. This was a done in one.

  10. #115
    Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    We are next issue. This was a done in one.
    Right. Sorry, I meant I hope we return to Earth-23 soon.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

  11. #116
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    Right. Sorry, I meant I hope we return to Earth-23 soon.
    No actually I'm the one that misinterpreted. Yeah we'll see Earth-23 pretty soon though.

  12. #117
    Break yoself FOOL! GalactaSurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Harlem to the Spaceways
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superfriend View Post
    also, the significance of the number 23. i believe this is the first mention of President Superman's earth being given the designation Earth-23.
    Or

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23-Michael-Jordan.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	92975

    Morrison pays homage to his Airness?
    VESCELL - Sexy Sci-Fi Noir
    Trailer

  13. #118
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spekstar View Post
    Ok, I know this is kinda trivial considering all the big theories about little men, but did anybody else think that black Wonder Woman was hot? As in, hotter then the regular version?
    Not in the slightest!

  14. #119
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    Wow. I originally didn't think Action was that good, so I dropped it. Then I decided to give it a second shot because I was intrigued by issue 9. I'm so glad I did! I'm all caught up now and issue 9 was just fantastic. I hope we come back to this Earth sometime in the near future.
    I hope we never do. Hopefully Darkseid opens a boom tube on it that sends it thru to sun 23 ;)

  15. #120
    Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    13,409

    Default

    Haven't been enamored with Action 4-7, but I really enjoyed this issue.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •