Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I didn't get that at all. I mean, maybe it was the corporate guys' idea, but not Clark, Jimmy and Lois'.
    Mhm! "We sold out! They had 500 experts lined up, thinking in harmony to streamline the Superman Brand for maximum cross-spectrum, wide platform appeal. They built a violent, troubled, faceless anti-hero, concealing a tragic secret life, a global marketing icon.

Actually, "Icon" is in bold, too. Strictly speaking, it's not Batman, it's just a character "a lot like Batman". Batman was only created by one (or two) guys, but it's sad that a braintrust of "500 experts" best idea for Superman was just to make him into a crappy Bat-knock-off. But that's the fear of Corporate creativity for you. Actually reminds me of that recent Neil Gaiman Simpsons episode where all children's lit like the Harry Potter books, etc, were all created in boardrooms.

It's a huge knock against making things edgy, as well.
    Last edited by Retro315; 05-04-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Just a pure epic of gloriousness. I loved every panel and page.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

how bout those "solid mind movies" of Clark/Lois/Jimmy's? what was the evolution of their collective minds before they decided the world needed a messiah?

Layogenic

Antidisestablishmentarianism

k = u + y˛?

Ontario Highway 401

"TbIBA..." tome? Book of Enoch? the mysteries of the Cabriri or the great gods?

frog (amphibian: order Anura meaning "tailless") - Most amphibians lay their eggs in water and the larvae undergo metamorphosis from a juvenile form with gills to an adult air-breathing form with lungs.

rotary egg beater - a blending tool?

mustachioed man with hat and bow tie? (don't know if this is meant to be a nondescript individual or someone recognizable?)

Gibson Flying V

can't quite make out the star pentagon with Arabic letters?

This issue is my least favorite of everything written in the new "52"! I really dislike "one-shots" that have little or nothing to do with the main story line. It is writing like this that had me purchasing the majority of my comics from Marvel Comics up until the new 52...

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the multiverse storyline, I was just hopeful that the "new 52" was immune :)

I am really enjoying the "fresh" start and direction of the few titles that I am reading; Superman(2) Supergirl, Superboy, Teen Titans, Batman (4), Batgirl, and the Justice League. I am also reading the Earth2 title and related spinoffs, for now...

Oh and I was wondering, do any of you read "the new 52" or any other comics digitally? I have for the past year and really like it.
    Last edited by Blazertrek50; 05-04-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazertrek50 View Post
    This issue is my least favorite of everything written in the new "52"! I really dislike "one-shots" that have little or nothing to do with the main story line. It is writing like this that had me purchasing the majority of my comics from Marvel Comics up until the new 52...

Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the multiverse storyline, I was just hopeful that the "new 52" was immune :)

I am really enjoying the "fresh" start and direction of the few titles that I am reading; Superman(2) Supergirl, Superboy, Teen Titans, Batman (4), Batgirl, and the Justice League. I am also reading the Earth2 title and related spinoffs, for now...

Oh and I was wondering, do any of you read "the new 52" or any other comics digitally? I have for the past year and really like it.
    You do realize this issue was all Morrison setting up for his upcoming Multiversity comic and future story lines for Action Comics right?
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

DragonPiece was spot on. All of this will come back somehow. Morrison doesn't just do one-offs, everything he does means something down the line. If you didn't enjoy the story, different strokes for different folks, but I assure you that all of this "matters".

This issue is my least favorite of everything written in the new "52"! I really dislike "one-shots" that have little or nothing to do with the main story line.
    *old man voice* I remember when "one-shots" were called "books", and when "filler" was "a contained story"...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

While I'm sure the story will tie into some future plotline, I think the toothy robot Superman with the ridiculous origin story is best left forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by superfriend View Post
    for sure. and tho it's cut off in the pic presented here, just a little lower and we see Lois' fannypack/purse is actually DC's new logo.
    Thanks for this one, I didn't notice it the first time around! BTW it's interesting how it's the first time I ever find the new DC logo pretty, and it's because it was presented as a girl's bag. ;)

As for the comic itself, I agree that it was a really good issue. At first I thought that Calvin will come to "our" Superman and the more I read, the more I didn't want for it to happen. Luckily, my guesses were bad and we got (so far) no connections with Clark Kent of DCnU. That's not to say that I don't want to see a Clark/Calvin team-up in the future, of course! I'd definitely enjoy that!

What more can I say? I LOVED the raging Lex of Earth 23 and truly digged the costume designs of Earth 23's Justice League. Man, that's what I call an awesome Wonder Woman & Green Lantern redesign!

The only complaint that I have is something I noticed after reading some of previous posts - I mean Calvin not taking Clark to the hospital at the high speed. Calvin, you (kind of) killed Ke- Clark!
    Last edited by Starry; 05-05-2012 at 10:44 AM.

To be fair, I'm sure Clark fared better at an Alien fortress with advanced tech than he would a regular hospital.

Infâme et fier de l'ętre Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    To be fair, I'm sure Clark fared better at an Alien fortress with advanced tech than he would a regular hospital.
    More to the point, Lois kepted yelling "somethin" was coming through the portal. Superman had the choice between bringing Clark to an hospital and risking Lois to be killed or the thing to destroy the neighbourhood, or waiting for the iminent coming thing to arrive while doing the best he can to keep Clark alive. Now, Superdoom did take his time but Superman couldn't possibly know that and I suppose Lois couldn't really either.
    Did he make the best choice? Hard to say, considering we don't how long it would have taken him to bring Clark to an hospital, or to Fort Superman.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

Old article, but one that started out with a reference I hadn't read before -- the Tupla thing was taken from Schwartz.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.06/myth.html
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

There was also a bit at the end of the first story about the other dimension's Clark and how Calvin couldn't save him in time. Calvin says something along the lines of even though he couldn't save him there is still a good chance of a Lazarus Revival at his lab. So perhaps all is not lost for the poor burned Clark who came through the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Old article, but one that started out with a reference I hadn't read before -- the Tupla thing was taken from Schwartz.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/14.06/myth.html
    thx

i just ordered An Unlikely Prophet from Amazon.

Ok, I know this is kinda trivial considering all the big theories about little men, but did anybody else think that black Wonder Woman was hot? As in, hotter then the regular version?