Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    So far, Brubaker has been the finest writer on this crossover. Time for some architects to step down.
    *cough cough* Bendis*cough cough*
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Aaron's was the worst issue, though. So sad. I love WatXM.

Originally Posted by darknessatnoon : So far, Brubaker has been the finest writer on this crossover. Time for some architects to step down.

I concur, on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    This could be trouble. Although, the one silver lining is that Bendis likes to send his heroes through the shithole before allowing them to rise up victorious.

I really enjoyed this issue. Rachel really surprised me and she totally stole the show.
    Wolverine... SMH

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Tabula Rasa: (A) Luke Cage, Thing, She-Hulk and Thing (X) Namor, Sunspot, and Hepzibah[/I]
    you mentioned thing
    and nice overall wrap up
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    COLOSSUS katya nightcrawler storm magik
    http://overpower.ca/tools/battlesites.php
    http://overpower.ca/downloads/
    "down with the machine" bray wyatt

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    BUT...Kitty was a bit upset at Scott for using Pitor to become the new Juggernaut.
    Upset yeah, but she mostly blamed Colossus. As far as we've seen, she's not holding a grudge against Scott like the other two.

Very groovy issue, digging AvX quite a bit so far. It's pretty much on track to be the best full Marvel universe event in recent memory, not that there's too much competition. Also love that at it's core it's an X-Men story.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    Very groovy issue, digging AvX quite a bit so far. It's pretty much on track to be the best full Marvel universe event in recent memory, not that there's too much competition. Also love that at it's core it's an X-Men story.
    That's a very good point. All of the big 'event books' of the recent decade or so have been essentially Avengers books. Even 'House of M,' which had a dramatic, lasting effect on the x-titles, was, at its core, an Avengers book.
    Even with the Avengers movie poised to make box office history, I think Marvel understands that the X-Men are well on their way to regaining their status as the company's top book - and AvX, however it ultimate resolves, may be an acknowledgement of this...
    Last edited by Dr. Sonic; 05-05-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    I think Marvel understands that the X-Men are well on their way to regaining their status as the company's top book - and AvX, however, it ultimate resolves, may be an acknowledgement of this...
    The X-men have always outsold the Avengers in terms of overall quantity (adding up total X-men sales, adding up total Avengers books sales). What we're seeing, I think, is part of a decade long effort to attempt to propel the Avengers above the X-men by propping up the Avengers and denigrating the X-men. The Avenger's were always an awful franchise who at their core still reflect the silver age comics mentality that no longer sells because its outdated and the readers expect more moral ambiguity. The world is not full of shiny heroes. Shiny heroes are difficult to relate to. Readers no longer accept them (movie viewers are willing to watch anything, though). The Avengers franchise is rotten to the core. More and more, the Avengers major events are just cousins of historically successful X-men events, while the X-men have been pulled in to Avengers events.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Sadly he has the green light to mess up the phoenix mythos and tie it to the iron fist more than the x-men. I never used to hate Bendis but now I do.
    ..Does anybody even like the Iron Fist? I personally have never even bought an Iron fist comic out of curiosity.
    Last edited by Shmoo; 05-05-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmoo View Post
    Sadly he has the green light to mess up the phoenix mythos and tie it to the iron fist more than the x-men. I never used to hate Bendis but now I do.
    ..Does anybody even like the Iron Fist? I personally have never even bought an Iron fist comic out of curiosity.
    Fongi deserves a chance!

Feron > Fongi

Let's not forget Marvel UK stole the Phoenix first. The Avengers can't even manage a spark of originality when it comes to theft, what a terrible franchise.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    No, at its core is a story of the Avengers highjacking an X-Men story.
    "As if a man in a wheelchair wasn't enough, now I'm targeting old women." - Scott Summers, A+X #11

Hahhahaha!!!! I love Cap!
    I'm a bumblebee. I'm a bee and I need to get back to the hive.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Hahhahaha!!!! I love Cap!
    I do too. But I don't like to Cap at work because I don't have a private bathroom (yet); so mostly I prefer to Cap at home.