Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    ❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meehl View Post
    We know the next book is about a savage land fight between the two field teams. Rachel told the X-men the avengers would be there and didn't tell the avengers that the x-men would be there.

Except, Wolverine clearly caught on that something was up with Rachel. I think she tipped him off on purpose. Doesn't help now that Cap tossed him out of the plane, though.
    Wolverine clearly has a way out of wherever he was dropped off, if his muttering to himself was any indication.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Rachel's sending both teams on wild goose chases.
    This is what I'm hoping for.

You can't read too much into the solicitations for future issues, but the upcoming AvX installment seems to have Wolverine and Hope working together; and the cover for an upcoming issue of WaTXM has Kid Gladiator throwing down against The Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well in Wolverine's case maybe, but not Cap, especially since he's shown that he won't have Logan trying to kill Hope.
    Not only that but the main and tie-ins show that they end up in the same places.
    Rachael would not know that Caps intentions are different from Wolverines, he is toofar away

Quote Originally Posted by BigDtown View Post
    True, I suppose its possible that Rachel gave the Avengers fake info and then gave Cyke the real info as well as the fake info she just gave the Avengers. I doubt they will get that complicated but its possible. Dang, I want to know. I can't believe I'm interested in this event now
    We will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDtown View Post
    Yeah, but she was talking to them at the same time. I understand her reaction. Cap understood it too. It was a great scene, Brubaker was awesome.
    do you think that Cap understands why Rachael is really uncomfortable? I don't think he would have had her do it if he knew about the "hound". He seems to believe that she is just in an uncomfortable position not reliving a nightmare. Cap has been corrupted but not nearly that far yet
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

You can't read too much into the solicitations for future issues, but the upcoming AvX installment seems to have Wolverine and Hope working together; and the cover for an upcoming issue of WaTXM has Kid Gladiator throwing down against The Avengers.
    It seems that some Avengers are going to the school to watch over it. Can they really be that dumb?

multiquote is not optional.
    VIVA KUSASAN!!! Morrison On Magneto: I made him into a stupid old drug-addicted idiot. CC had done a lot of good work over the years to redeem the character. And I went in and sh*t on all of it.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    It seems that some Avengers are going to the school to watch over it. Can they really be that dumb?
    Or it could be that Kid Gladiator goes after them himself considering that the Avengers are still separated based on the solicits of the events going on in the main book. Just because it's in WatXM doesn't mean it has to happen at the school.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Or it could be that Kid Gladiator goes after them himself considering that the Avengers are still separated based on the solicits of the events going on in the main book. Just because it's in WatXM doesn't mean it has to happen at the school.
    They said that She-hulf Falcon and Moon Knight were going to the school. Moon knight at a school?

I think that is an invitation to disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    And you're right, Rachel is always and forever Team Cable.
    I like the sound of that. :)

So how many teams do we have by now? Team Cyke, Team Cap, Wolverine's Solo, Team Cable, ... Team Rogue?

Asking Rachel if she can use cerebra does not make any of these folks bad people, so what if it gives her a bit of discomfort she is an adult and the world/mutant race is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy1968 View Post
    I am apparently one of the few who thought this issue (and the entire story so far) was crap. The entire thing just reads like fanfic.

Issue two ends with a huge battle about to be waged as the cliff hanger and it is not followed up in this issue. I am assuming it happens elsewhere, but that is just lousy storytelling, cliffhangers in a mini-series should be resolved in the same miniseries.

I guess the problem is I have not been interested in either team in years and nothing about this story arc is doing anything to draw me back.

no your not

This issue wasn't nearly as epic as the last issue in terms of action, but it was still very enjoyable. I think this issue actually tipped the balance again after it looked like the Avengers were winning one too many battles. In this issue Cyclops outsmarted Captain America not once, but twice. First with Magik and then again with Rachel. If Cap is supposed to be a master strategist, it really didn't show in this issue.

But the highlight for me was Wolverine getting kicked out of the Avengers (literally) and defying Captain America. And you know what? He was right on some levels. The battle with him in Cap reminded me of the battle between him and Cyclops in Schism. It was a fierce debate where both sides had a point and there was no way to resolve it. In this instance I would say Wolverine has more credibility because he's dealt with the Phoenix. He's lost loved ones because of the Phoenix. Captain America thinks he knows how he's going to handle this, but he's shown he really doesn't. Kicking Wolverine off the jet may have helped him win the battle, but he just lost an important ally in the war.

I really enjoyed this issue, especially seeing Rachel Grey finally get a larger role. It didn't have the same epic battle as the last issue, but it moved the story along and really set the stage for some interesting developments. If I had to score this, I would give it a 4.5 out of 5 just because the scene with Hope was somewhat glossed over. Aside from that, this was another quality issue.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Rachel's sending both teams on wild goose chases.
    I know it's far fetched, but I'm still holding out that Wolverine has a alternative agenda and that Rachel has sent the two teams to busy themselves fighting each other while Wolverine and perhaps Cable hook up with Hope, constituting a third faction in this whole conflict.
    This is exactly what's happening. Not only did Rachel feed both teams of morons total bs, but she can pinpoint track Hope since it's been canonically proven that Cable's blocking/cloaking methods and technology don't work with her. She tracked Cable successfully when even Jean and Xavier couldn't.

TEAM PHOENIX RISING
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    This is exactly what's happening. Not only did Rachel feed both teams of morons total bs, but she can pinpoint track Hope since it's been canonically proven that Cable's blocking/cloaking methods and technology don't work with her. She tracked Cable successfully when even Jean and Xavier couldn't.

TEAM PHOENIX RISING
    Don't think that will be remembered. From what has been shown anyway notice how Emma and Cyclops aren't on any team, so they're probably going to the right location while the X-Men distract the Avengers in those 5 locations which are all wrong anyway.