Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    DISCUSSION Question:

Are Wolverine and Captain America PIGS for trying to turn Rachel into a hound again?
    They're sick. Tracking mutants is the one thing she hates doing.

BANNED

If anyone knows what Logan was planning on doing to Hope, it's Rachel. Safe to assume that went unstated at the meeting because it didn't need to be stated. They all know who they're following. Even Beast alluded to it as they said goodbye.
    That's wild and unfounded speculation, there is no inference to support that claim, Logan is AWOL. Stop reaching.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They're sick. Tracking mutants is the one thing she hates doing.

God, Rogue is such a bitch.

But seriously, it was a low move for Steve and Logan to make Rachel do something that she hates. I'm guessing it wasn't Cyclops who asked, but instead she was feeding him the information as she went along.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    That's wild and unfounded speculation, there is no inference to support that claim, Logan is AWOL. Stop reaching.
    Why did Captain America say "And we all know what your solution to this problem is. What were you going to say that would make her feel better" then?

BANNED

Why did Captain America say "And we all know what your solution to this problem is. What were you going to say that would make her feel better" then?
    Right. That's what I liked about the writing in the issue. Not only did Captain America realize that Rachel's "headache" was guilt, he could also tell at the end she was ready to be sick. I'm fairly certain this scene was written with Rachel's hound past in mind.

BANNED

Sorry, I didn't clarify which characters my post referred to. I meant that there is no implied evidence from the issue to make an argument that Rachel, the rest of the teaching staff, and Henry knew that Logan's plan was to isolate Hope from the X-Men and Avengers and then kill her. Otherwise, Captain America was right, Logan went there to kill Hope, but had not shared that with the rest of the JGSHL Education staff.

Right. That's what I liked about the writing in the issue. Not only did Captain America realize that Rachel's "headache" was guilt, he could also tell at the end she was ready to be sick. I'm fairly certain this scene was written with Rachel's hound past in mind.
    I think so too, but the earlier question of asking if Logan and Cap are pigs for forcing her only applies to Logan; Cap sincerely thanked her for her efforts and could tell she was uncomfortable - had he another option available, I believe he would have taken it.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Wasn't Hope shown running across the ocean with Phoenix powers. Its pretty clear her Phoenix powers are why the Avengers have to assume that she can anywhere in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I think so too, but the earlier question of asking if Logan and Cap are pigs for forcing her only applies to Logan; Cap sincerely thanked her for her efforts and could tell she was uncomfortable - had he another option available, I believe he would have taken it.
    Just because he's sorry, doesn't mean he's not a pig.

Well there's the Cuckoos? Not sure if they'd help unless he threatened them but there's even Kid Omega. If the Cuckoos can use it surely he can too?

BANNED

Well there's the Cuckoos? Not sure if they'd help unless he threatened them but there's even Kid Omega. If the Cuckoos can use it surely he can too?
    I forgot, Logan turned over the Utopia X-Men children. Still, would you want Quentin Quire unrestricted access to Cerebra? The Cuckoos have learned to handle the psychic mental stress with their group psychic rapport, QQ is just a jerk with delusions of adequacy.

Just because he's sorry, doesn't mean he's not a pig.
    If he were taking pleasure or displaying callousness in his treatment of Rachel, I'd agree, but I feel he was shown to be understanding of her reluctance and genuine in his thanks to her. The 'reveal' of Rachel's allegiance in the light of what I take as Cap holding her in high esteem makes it all the more powerful an action.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

If he were taking pleasure or displaying callousness in his treatment of Rachel, I'd agree, but I feel he was shown to be understanding of her reluctance and genuine in his thanks to her. The 'reveal' of Rachel's allegiance in the light of what I take as Cap holding her in high esteem makes it all the more powerful an action.
    Yeah, he's not being callous at all. "Sure... no problem", I only used to hunt mutants for humans on a daily basis and you know that.

His point to Wolverine is simply that nothing they can say will make her feel better about it, so stop wasting time. He's being purely rational about it. The violence of pure reason.

BANNED

Def the best issue so far. Everyone is acting like a lunatic. It's great.

The look on my face when Rachel betrayed Wolverine. I wish i had Jarrod's number so i could call him in that moment.