Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 472
  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Wolverine held back. He merely cut the straps off Cap's arm, rather than cut the arm off the straps.
    That and the fact that Cap took the cowards way out and had Logan attacked from behind.

  2. #32

    Default

    Rachel isn't a traitor. Wolverine's X-men are not loyal to the Avengers and are not under any obligation to offer them assistance. We already know Iceman and Gambit are going to openly side with Cyclops from the previews. Hell, Gambit isn't even a Turn cloak so much as he got bored of hanging out at Utopia.

  3. #33
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Hindu Kush
    Posts
    59,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Rachel isn't a traitor. Wolverine's X-men are not loyal to the Avengers and are not under any obligation to offer them assistance. We already know Iceman and Gambit are going to openly side with Cyclops from the previews. Hell, Gambit isn't even a Turn cloak so much as he got bored of hanging out at Utopia.
    Rachel went behind Wolverine's back, dude. She betrayed him.

  4. #34
    Pure Hellcatnip Lady_Alternate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Over Here
    Posts
    15,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    No mutants around to mimic, no jets to steal, and there's SUPPOSED to be scanners all over the planet to pick up PF emissions.
    To respond to your edit, when Hope was last seen by anyone she was in a room with Transonic and Velocidad. While we know she went into the city, for all anyone else knows, combined super speed flight and time dilation powers could put her anywhere on Earth.

    Regards Hank & Stark's PF detectors, both have only been shown pinging when there was a serious flare up of the power, so the only way to track her is via Cerebra, which she's using her Cable-esque device to ghost.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

  5. #35
    Senior Member Khajit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    She could have 'borrowed' teleportation, flight or speed from any number of people via her power, or developed new abilities via the Phoenix for all they knew, so I disagree that it's stupid thinking.
    She was already out of the known range on her mimicking capability. There aren't alot of mutants left so it's extremely contrived to think that a bad guy with the exact power set needed was nearby. Exodus, AOA nightcrawler,Magik, and vanisher are all that's left to my knowledge with teleportation. 2 are mutants that are supposedly/actually dead so it's not like anyone would count them in any plans, the rest are on utopia out of range of any mimicking. speed is actually rarer than teleportation now that I think of it so we'd have to assume Quicksilver actually stood in the exact area she was at long enough for her to notice. Flight is fairly common but given the mutant paranoia going about now she would have had to wait for nightfall to not instantly be caught on some person's phone nowadays.

    It has occurred to me that she could have snuck inside a plane so there's that but Wakanda, Tabula Rasa etc sound contrived. Hope didn't even know about afganistan. She probably doesn't know enough about it to realize that modern wakanda would catch her instantly with thier tech and at the request of BP it would go under total lockdown anyway. This is before we even get into the laughability of a white ginger trying to not stand out in the middle of a 99.9999999999999999999% black nation where all white people are foreigners and closely tracked.

    EDit; I would have figured Hank and Tony would increase the sensitivity of the sensors after the initial flareup. Not enough to track her unless she uses her abilities but Hope should realistically have to take most of her journey on foot or via hitchhiking as using her PF at all would set things off. ( I figured all previous PF events didnt set them off as much because Hank& Tony got sick of Rachel, QQ, cuckoos, etc causing defcon 9 every 5 minutes so the sensitivity got lowered to something that only takes notice when extremely large flareups happen.)
    Last edited by Khajit; 05-02-2012 at 08:33 AM.

  6. #36
    C'est kinky Seresecros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,837

    Default

    it's not cowardly, it's tactical. glad to see Steve Rogers show that snotty punk Logan who's boss

  7. #37
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Some Where.
    Posts
    9,207

    Default

    Rachel and Magik were pretty awesome this issue. Cap/Wolvie fight was pretty neat but I'm really starting to get annoyed at how the Avengers win by outside interference.

    I don't know what it was, but I am starting to get fed up with Magma flying.

  8. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Great issue!

    The fact Logan knows Scott doesn't surrender was great! The Magik trick was great! The Cap-Logan fight was great! Great parallel with the conversation between Cap/Tony in this issue and Scott/Magneto in AVX#1.

    Finally Rachel makes her appearance. And the person on Earth with the biggest Phoenix's experience is on the X-men's side. I'm curious if she was a spy for Cyclops only this time or if Scott and Rachel setted this up from the start of Regenesis: the reason Rachel gave for join Logan's side was very vague.

    Another proof that Utopia is not part of the US: Cap talked only about international law. And Steve wants to arrest more or less hundred people even if he has nothing to charge them with? Doesn't that mean they didn't violate any law? Gillen is right: the Avengers are the pro reg side in this event.

    The only thing Cap made right in this issue was to get rid of Logan. But the method was not very smart. Have Logan as an enemy is going to bite him in the ass in the near future.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,176

    Default

    Easily the best issue so far.

    Rachel is a traitor to Wolverine not to the avengers. Lied right in his face.

  10. #40
    Veteran Member Slant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    That and the fact that Cap took the cowards way out and had Logan attacked from behind.
    Captain America....


  11. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    first Wolverine betrays the X-Men, then Wolverine betrays children, and then he betrays the Avengers.
    Bring back X-23's series petition
    https://www.change.org/petitions/mar...n-series-again

    Bring back X-23's series facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/X23Fan

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Rachel went behind Wolverine's back, dude. She betrayed him.
    Logan didn't mention he planned on killing Hope in his little staff meeting. Had he did, he would have had a little uprising on his hands. It suffice to say Logan betrayed them first. Besides, it's safe to assume Logan already understood the likelihood of his staff siding with Scott, and the meeting was a plea for them to stay neutral.

  13. #43
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Hindu Kush
    Posts
    59,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    Logan didn't mention he planned on killing Hope in his little staff meeting. Had he did, he would have had a little uprising on his hands. It suffice to say Logan betrayed them first. Besides, it's safe to assume Logan already understood the likelihood of his staff siding with Scott, and the meeting was a plea for them to stay neutral.
    If anyone knows what Logan was planning on doing to Hope, it's Rachel. Safe to assume that went unstated at the meeting because it didn't need to be stated. They all know who they're following. Even Beast alluded to it as they said goodbye.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing15 View Post
    Great issue!

    The fact Logan knows Scott doesn't surrender was great! The Magik trick was great! The Cap-Logan fight was great! Great parallel with the conversation between Cap/Tony in this issue and Scott/Magneto in AVX#1.

    Finally Rachel makes her appearance. And the person on Earth with the biggest Phoenix's experience is on the X-men's side. I'm curious if she was a spy for Cyclops only this time or if Scott and Rachel setted this up from the start of Regenesis: the reason Rachel gave for join Logan's side was very vague.

    Another proof that Utopia is not part of the US: Cap talked only about international law. And Steve wants to arrest more or less hundred people even if he has nothing to charge them with? Doesn't that mean they didn't violate any law? Gillen is right: the Avengers are the pro reg side in this event.

    The only thing Cap made right in this issue was to get rid of Logan. But the method was not very smart. Have Logan as an enemy is going to bite him in the ass in the near future.
    "Logan knows"
    "Of course he does"

    EPIC. Haha. I also hope they reveal that Rachel was a spy the whole time. Cyclops ownage for the win :).
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already

  15. #45
    Pure Hellcatnip Lady_Alternate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Over Here
    Posts
    15,144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    She was already out of the known range on her mimicking capability.
    The last anyone involved in the fight on Utopia saw her, she was standing over the unconscious bodies of her team, including Transonic and Velocidad, and that's the info they have to work from. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that she was seen out of range of them?
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •