Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okpanic View Post
    I... I don't understand what you're trying to say...

In context, she's also the more recent character who isn't dead and has had many more appearances. However, Gwen is still very integral to the Spider-Man mythos.
    I came in through the 1990s cartoon series, which only had a cameo appearance by Gwen in the last episode (which took place in an AU).

That being said, MJ actually was part of the world before Gwen, depending on how you look at things. (IE, MJ was first mentioned in Amazing Spider-Man #15 and didn't truly show up until #42. Whereas Gwen was first mentioned and first showed up in Amazing #31 alongside Harry Osborn.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I don't understand how someone can be a Spider-Man fan and not be a Gwen fan. For me, that just doesn't compute. It seems like only on the Internet, and especially on CBR, is Gwen and Mary Jane a matter of trench warfare.
    It's a "shipping war." Easy way to milk drama and fandom.

If the roles were reversed, Peter would be seen mourning for MJ as he and Gwen were together.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

I'm neither team Gwen nor team MJ, just amused by the finality that some people argue with that MJ is indisposable or that her and Peter have to be forever and ever. Your mainstream superhero comics are generally a perpetual running narrative, and that infinite span could be a long long time. I won't be surprised at all if one day MJ sits where Gwen does now, not necessarily dead but as a former flame of yesteryear.

I'm neither team Gwen nor team MJ, just amused by the finality that some people argue with that MJ is indisposable or that her and Peter have to be forever and ever. Your mainstream superhero comics are generally a perpetual running narrative, and that infinite span could be a long long time. I won't be surprised at all if one day MJ sits where Gwen does now, not necessarily dead but as a former flame of yesteryear.
    Nobody seriously thinks Peter and MJ will be "together forever" when they get back together, do they? I know they won't. I know they'll have an on-again/off-again relationship. That's just the kind of relationships major super hero stars have with their love interest.

I don't think MJ can ever truly fall into the background as a "former flame of yesteryear" like Betty Brant. She's just too intrinsically tied to the franchise. As a creation of Lee/Ditko/Romita, she's grandfathered into the franchise.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Six posts were deleted as part of an off-topic conversation about the thread being off-topic.

Please do not continue the cycle by responding to this post.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    She's just too intrinsically tied to the franchise. As a creation of Lee/Ditko/Romita, she's grandfathered into the franchise.

So is Gwen Stacy. And yet...

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUrich'sFlamingSword View Post
    Everybody has a favorite MJ moment; who actually has a favorite Gwen moment?
    My favorite Gwen moment is when she had two kids with Norman Osborn

So is Gwen Stacy. And yet...
    And she still gets brought up all the time. And John Romita Sr. worked on the story in which she died. It's almost like her death is "grandfathered" into the franchise.

There are many rather talented creators who have taken on the franchise over the years and will continue to work on Spidey. But none of them are John Romita Sr.

My Facebook page

Loved the issue but it's making me suspect (dread, rather) a time travel resolution. Seeing as half the planet got cooked and the other half is going to get the grand daddy of all storms and hurricanes (vast differences in air pressure and all that) I somehow doubt Marvel will let that be the state of the world for their series. Not exactly new reader friendly, I guess. My money's on a revival of the Door to Tomorrow arc, but god knows I'll enjoy watching the world burn till that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp View Post
    Loved the issue but it's making me suspect (dread, rather) a time travel resolution. Seeing as half the planet got cooked and the other half is going to get the grand daddy of all storms and hurricanes (vast differences in air pressure and all that) I somehow doubt Marvel will let that be the state of the world for their series. Not exactly new reader friendly, I guess. My money's on a revival of the Door to Tomorrow arc, but god knows I'll enjoy watching the world burn till that happens.
    Some people are speculating that it's a Mysterio trick.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (WIP):
    http://invincibleuniversewiki.wikispaces.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I don't understand how someone can be a Spider-Man fan and not be a Gwen fan. For me, that just doesn't compute. It seems like only on the Internet, and especially on CBR, is Gwen and Mary Jane a matter of trench warfare.
    She is an important character, but liking a character and being able to recognizing importance are two different things. Though I do agree this trench warfare is tiring and silly. Some like the character (either character), some don't, who cares.

(yes, I have taken part in it and am being a little hypocritical.)
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 05-11-2012 at 11:27 PM.

BANNED

Gee i can't wait for the next SPOILER issue to be filled with pointless MJ vs Gwen fans debate and OMD rants. (end of sarcasm) Just to make it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by capuga View Post
    Some people are speculating that it's a Mysterio trick.
    Hmmm, they could be planting seeds toward the whole "Mysterio as a serious and scary vilain" thing. Would be nice to see the guy as a baddie of consequence, rather than just Kurt Cobain's stunt double.

Wasn't the new suit supposed to prevent stuff like that, though? He does have the helmet off in the last page, but if it turns out he falls for something like that just because he forgot to put his gear on, it'd be a bit of a lackluster plot twist.

Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp View Post
    Hmmm, they could be planting seeds toward the whole "Mysterio as a serious and scary vilain" thing. Would be nice to see the guy as a baddie of consequence, rather than just Kurt Cobain's stunt double.

Wasn't the new suit supposed to prevent stuff like that, though? He does have the helmet off in the last page, but if it turns out he falls for something like that just because he forgot to put his gear on, it'd be a bit of a lackluster plot twist.
    Tech could have been damaged through combat.
    Spidey has been fighting a lot.
    Tech is sensitive he might have not noticed, in all the rush to defeat Ock.
    (I do seem to recall Rhino damaging his suit).
    The lack of originality will always bother me

Talking about Rhino... please, someone care to explain me what was that sparkling thing Spidey threw on Alexi? I'm trying to figure what was that "lightning-spining-grenade" until now...

Quote Originally Posted by Fourze View Post
    Talking about Rhino... please, someone care to explain me what was that sparkling thing Spidey threw on Alexi? I'm trying to figure what was that "lightning-spining-grenade" until now...
    it's a ''partyfavor'' conform Spidey, other then that no idea.
    The lack of originality will always bother me