Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

This was a fantastic read, but what's up with doc ock's eyes? Is he wearing glasses, does he have glass eyes, robot double?

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Not to mention that Talk Radio is far more influential than newspapers. Not to mention, radio has a whole "fight the power" aspect which fits right in with MJ's non-conventional, rebellious nature. Yeah, I'm liking this idea more and more.
    This is 1990 and you are Christian Slater, aren't you?

Talk radio numbers are small and ever dipping. Basically, if you aren't a Spanish language station, your numbers ain't worth poop. As for "fight the power," there's this funny little thing now called the internet.
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Anyone else notice that the letters page was dedicated to Wacker's "We've done all we can with Peter as Spidey" statement but this time someone named "Ellie Pyle" answered the letters and her closing statement said that he actually meant...and another teaser

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Anyone else notice that the letters page was dedicated to Wacker's "We've done all we can with Peter as Spidey" statement but this time someone named "Ellie Pyle" answered the letters and her closing statement said that he actually meant...and another teaser
    Yup, Marvel likes messing with us.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    Ellie Pyle is the assistant editor of the title. I can't wait for Ms. Pyle to make an appearance on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Smith View Post
    Ellie Pyle is the assistant editor of the title. I can't wait for Ms. Pyle to make an appearance on this board.
    ? She will? maybe she will answer some questions for us!

i am really loving this arc. so glad i jumped back in on spidey.

and i would totally pick up black widow or silver sable book drawn by ramos.
    SPACE FOR RENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Smith View Post
    http://pyleshazam.ytmnd.com/
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    StoneGold your avatar and name is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by weeks View Post
    i am really loving this arc. so glad i jumped back in on spidey.

and i would totally pick up black widow or silver sable book drawn by ramos.
    I would definitely pick Black Widow's solo series if Spider-Man is her team-up partner for that story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I dunno, I always thought it was odd that Sable went out of her way to contact Spidey for jobs when there are several just as competant heroes roaming New York, and other characters of a more mercenary nature that would be easier to employ. (A Hero for Hire if you will...) and yet she always made a big show of recruiting him with front page newspaper ads and what not. Sable being attracted to the wall-crawler makes more sense in that context. There was never any real romantic inclination in his relationship with Detective Jean DeWolff either, and we all saw how that ended.

It kind of bugs me if they decide Pete is not going to date anyone else and spend his nights pining away for MJ, since Marvel isn't going to let the two get remarried. Is he the Amazing Spider-Eunuch???
    1) You should read some other appearances of Miss DeWolff. She very explicitly expresses an attraction to Spider-Man at several times, though always in her head. Not even like little things like "hmm, he's cute", but things like "I'd keep you company", though I dont' remember verbatim. Read The Final Battle and the preceding issues when Black Cat gets hurt. Jean's thoughts express frustration at protecting the Black Cat because she in part sees it as protecting a romantic rival. It's not to say she REALLY wants the Black Cat to die, but that doesn't stop her from thinking about the removal of romantic rivals.
    2) History I think had a lot to do with it, along with the fact that she does hire other heroes even during the same time, on a seemingly much more regular basis. Sandman, Rocket Racer, and Prowler all worked for her at various points. Spider-Man, while he did get in numerous adventures with her, was only actively recruited by her a couple times. The other times he got involved were happenstance when he showed up because of a commotion.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

BANNED

Thank you, Dan Slott, for the Honey Lemon cameo.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    -The hell is up with Spider-Man's reaction? There is someone? Since When? Last time we saw you were trying to shack up with Felicia for fun and games. Did something happen that the comic forget to tell us about? Or has he done a 180 from OMIT and no longer feels "set free". Or hell, is he even talking about Mary Jane? I mean, if we're talking about a romance that has appeared out of nowhere, it could be damn well anybody. Obviously Betty went to him for consolation after her last break up...or something. I mean, let's be clear, Peter's always been the devoted type, to be sure, but he's also only been that devoted type when he's actually in a relationship. Which he wasn't in....unless we just haven't been shown it.
    Well, the thing with Felicia was written by a guest-writer. I think it's safe to just ignore that bit.

As far as Mary Jane goes, I think it's her. Given Peter's reaction and MJ's thoughts. I'd suspected they were once again getting closer behind the scenes but it might seem a bit too subtle. (And of course, Peter's actions regarding Felicia in the Daredevil crossover by Waid.)

But...

- So, I want to be happy that they seem to be moving things back in the appropriate direction in re: Mary Jane, but let's be serious. That's not what it is. That's the set-up for let down. It's the hook. And I know it's that not just because I lack faith, but also because I understand dramatic progression. You don't foreshadow the couple meeting up unless that meeting is going to go horribly wrong or be subverted in some manner. I don't know what he's playing at. But I know he's playing at something.
    This also wouldn't surprise me. The other shoe is going to drop in some way. No idea in what way at this point in time.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Well, the thing with Felicia was written by a guest-writer. I think it's safe to just ignore that bit.

As far as Mary Jane goes, I think it's her. Given Peter's reaction and MJ's thoughts. I'd suspected they were once again getting closer behind the scenes but it might seem a bit too subtle. (And of course, Peter's actions regarding Felicia in the Daredevil crossover by Waid.)

But...

This also wouldn't surprise me. The other shoe is going to drop in some way. No idea in what way at this point in time.
    I do feel that the situation between Black Cat and Spider-Man in a no-strings relationship was written by another writer. Also, the premonitions for the previous Madam Web that presented a timeline where Spidey kissed Ms. Marvel was done by another writer as well. But it's safe to say that once Dan Slott was given the full-time sweat spot as writer for ASM, that potential outcome between Ms. Marvel and Spidey making out got tossed into the fire pit. As with Silver Sable he is the first writer to confirm that Silver has feelings for Spider-Man in the mainstream Marvel Universe. I don't think that anyone is going to toss that into the fire pit either.

But what would be cool to see is for Dan to do another team-up adventure between Spider-Man and The Black Widow.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I do feel that the situation between Black Cat and Spider-Man in a no-strings relationship was written by another writer. Also, the premonitions for the previous Madam Web that presented a timeline where Spidey kissed Ms. Marvel was done by another writer as well. But it's safe to say that once Dan Slott was given the full-time sweat spot as writer for ASM, that potential outcome between Ms. Marvel and Spidey making out got tossed into the fire pit. As with Silver Sable he is the first writer to confirm that Silver has feelings for Spider-Man in the mainstream Marvel Universe. I don't think that anyone is going to toss that into the fire pit either.

But what would be cool to see is for Dan to do another team-up adventure between Spider-Man and The Black Widow.
    I actually had no idea there was a story where the old Madame Web saw Peter kissing Carol. But the relatively recent Spidey/Black Cat/Daredevil crossover was done by Mark Waid, who was a guest-writer for that issue of Amazing Spider-Man.

That's why I paid it no mind and told other people not to get too hung up on it.

As for Sable, I don't know what is supposed to happen to her after EotE. Maybe that bit will be tossed aside or maybe it won't.

As for team-ups. Spidey's supposed to not have so many team-ups in Amazing after EotE. But keep an eye out in Avenging.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page