Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I thought that was alright. I like Spidey rallying the troops, and it sets up what could be a great third act, but it had a very "middle of the story" feel to it. I'm glad to be done with Ramos for awhile, though. I think I can only handle him in small doses.

So is there still hope that Spidey is the real villain in this story ?

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    I thought that was alright. I like Spidey rallying the troops, and it sets up what could be a great third act, but it had a very "middle of the story" feel to it. I'm glad to be done with Ramos for awhile, though. I think I can only handle him in small doses.
    Would have taken Bart Sears as the artist of Mike Zeck?

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    So is there still hope that Spidey is the real villain in this story ?
    If you get the chance to read ASM #685, you'll know if he's the real villain or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    If you get the chance to read ASM #685, you'll know if he's the real villain or not.
    I have. I'm hoping the fires and everything is just an illusion and ock is just messing with Spidey.

Looooooved this issue so much.

Doc Ock has finally revealed the evil bastard side of him we know and love.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keehar View Post
    Looooooved this issue so much.

Doc Ock has finally revealed the evil bastard side of him we know and love.
    Or has he? Remember, Doc said he has 'plans within plans.' And there's still the Rhino deal reveal.

No, this isn't his real plan.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Yeah, this issue is amazing. Great job by Slott. Doc Ock hasn't been this interesting to me in a while, and I loved the moments between Spidey and Sable and Spidey and Flint. The cliffhanger is definitely the work of Mysterio. Also, this is some of Ramos' best work; just gorgeous.
    His memory's gone! Or...is it? It's not hard to fake amnesia! The Goblin is capable of anything!

I'm still convinced that his plan this whole time is to have Spider-Man kill him (or at least make Peter think he did). All this world-help/domination is just a blind. He just wants to get one over on Spider-Man. Keep it simple and destroy his one enemy (and just so happens to coincide against Peter's mantra). Like Suicide by Cop or something like that. It's Hans Gruber, baby!
    Originally Posted by Dan_Slott

A quick "eyeball" suggests that you need to get a new eyeball

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Any chance those S.H.I.E.L.D. agent are just mercs hired by Mystie?
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Loved this issue, the Spider/Sable moment was great. He so should have gone there, she is fantastic! Though I don't think she is going to be in the mood for romance after what Ock has done to Symkaria, the bastard!
    ELEKTRA*LADY MASTERMIND*DAREDEVIL*ARIEL

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Loved this issue, the Spider/Sable moment was great. He so should have gone there, she is fantastic! Though I don't think she is going to be in the mood for romance after what Ock has done to Symkaria, the bastard!
    You could say that Silver is right up there with Ms. Marvel. But I feel that once this saga is over, Silver Sable, Black Widow, and Spider-Man are going to be very close with each other as mutual friends!!! Thus, Silver Sable will definitely be there for either Spider-Man or The Black Widow.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Calling it now. Its Mysterio. Its all an illusion. SUCKERS.
    I called it first!

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Smith View Post
    I hope so, therefore we all see how villainous Spider-Man actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Off-tangent, does MJ plan to become Spidey's PR manager? And does it have anything to do with that "The Wave" sign overhead?
    Or, if "The Wave" is supposed to be a radio station, she becomes a pro-Spider-Man radio talk show host. Which, I got to admit, would be a very good and inspired idea on Dan Slott's part. Jonah, after all, is Spidey's biggest detractor, and MJ is Spidey's biggest supporter. So why doesn't MJ use the media--especially considering that she's already a media celebrity--to bolster public opinion in favor of Spider-Man just like Jonah attempts to bolster public opinion against Spider-Man? Not to mention that Talk Radio is far more influential than newspapers. Not to mention, radio has a whole "fight the power" aspect which fits right in with MJ's non-conventional, rebellious nature. Yeah, I'm liking this idea more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio's Helmet View Post
    I'm still convinced that his plan this whole time is to have Spider-Man kill him (or at least make Peter think he did). All this world-help/domination is just a blind. He just wants to get one over on Spider-Man. Keep it simple and destroy his one enemy (and just so happens to coincide against Peter's mantra). Like Suicide by Cop or something like that. It's Hans Gruber, baby!
    I agree. Especially with the end of this issue, Spidey has potentially already failed to live up to "no one dies on my watch" pledge--or did he? Not to mention the effect it's going to have on Silver Sable.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Calling it now. Its Mysterio. Its all an illusion. SUCKERS.
    Probably. Especially since Doc Ock ordered Mysterio and Chameleon--both of who dabble in deception--to enact "phase two" of the plan, and especially how we saw in the preview for next issue that spoilers:
    the Doc Ock that attacks them is a robot.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by stillanerd; 05-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton