Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    *choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I need to drag out the various Essentials wherein this issue's contents appear just so I can try to figure out whether I picked it up back then. I know I bought ishes 19 & 20 off the spinner racks; this was the first issue without a new cover story.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

This one!

I was reading young, but when I got hooked - it was about mid-to-end of the Miller Daredevil run. Introduced me to the whole dark/antihero concept, Wolverine and The Punisher. It was all history after that.

DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    The Superman (in reruns) and later Batman TV shows--they started me buying comics as a kid
    I would toss in the Filmation shows featuring various DC Comics characters, Marvel Superheroes and the Spidey/Fantastic Four series from the Sixties in that mix, too. Before I ever knew what a comic book was, my love for those animated and live-action superheroes was instantaneous and long-lasting.
    Last edited by The Darknight Detective; 05-11-2012 at 04:29 PM.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    This one!

I have memories of reading this comic while I was in a hospital for an appointment. I still have it and have read the twoface stories many times.
    Life is what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    Tales from the crypt comics. I don't own any but always dream of getting some for cheap. As I'm a horror fan.
    I have the EC archives...love them! The old EC comics are is my gateway drug!
    Who's there?

BANNED

I started on Marvel's GI Joe and Transformers and Glandstone's Disney books. I delved into super hero comics when I wanted to read 'grown up' comics in 1989. Fun times :)

Before I read my first comic featuring a superhero, I read hundreds of comics featuring thousands of stories about Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Quick Draw McGraw, Andy Panda, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, and countless other talking animals.
    So, as much as I love Steranko and Ditko and Kirby, et cetera, they will never be as great to me as Disney, Lantz, Hanna-Barbera, you get the idea.
    In fact, my favorite DC character, well, I'll let you figure it out. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Crow View Post
    Before I read my first comic featuring a superhero, I read hundreds of comics featuring thousands of stories about Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Quick Draw McGraw, Andy Panda, Woody Woodpecker, Bugs Bunny, and countless other talking animals.
    So, as much as I love Steranko and Ditko and Kirby, et cetera, they will never be as great to me as Disney, Lantz, Hanna-Barbera, you get the idea.
    In fact, my favorite DC character, well, I'll let you figure it out. :-)
    Captain Carrot? 1 of the other Zoo Crew? Tawky Tony? Hoppy? Krypto? Streaky? Bippo? Comet? Super Turtle? Canine Patrol? Titanno? Ace, the Bat Hound? Bat Gorilla? Sollivar? Solivars son? Grodd? Rex the Wonder Dog? G'Nort? Ch'p? ...Hawkman?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...