Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Van Custo View Post
    The list is fan voted.
    Then clearly none of the fans who voted started reading Avengers before 2005.

If i only knew this, Storm could have ranked higher, but still I'm happy that she ranked at #37!!!
    Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Quote Originally Posted by Van Custo View Post
    The list is fan voted.
    But, how was the vote done? Did IGN prepare a list to vote off of? Did they include everyone? You can greatly effect how a vote will turn out by how you set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If i only knew this, Storm could have ranked higher, but still I'm happy that she ranked at #37!!!
    I love the character. But, she shouldn't even come close to sniffing the top 50 Avengers. Maybe in 4 or 5 years when a poll is done again, and Storm gets the chance to actually do something as an Avenger. But, a half dozen issues or so as an Avenger, no way.

This is probably the shittiest list I've ever seen for the Avengers top 50.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

It's going to depend on how they phrased the original poll. If people (IGN staffers in this case) thought it was about who are their favourite characters who are Avengers, you then get a list like this. If you specifically state you want people to rank Avengers in terms of significance and iconic status to the team, you're going to get a much more traditional list that reflects Avenger's history... but it's going to be predictable and uncontroversial. No one is going to bother talking about a list that pretty much everyone agrees with, which is why these polls are always a little ambiguous with their criteria for how the rankings should be awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Wolverine is number 5? Hah!!!
    Its IGN. They are probably upset they have one list Batman can't top.

But what ultimately sets Thor apart from so many other gods and heroes is his innate humanity. Ages ago he was nothing but a foolish, headstrong boy, but his time spent trapped in the body of feeble Dr. Donald Blake taught Thor a valuable and lasting lesson about humility.
    Point number one why Thor and Donald need to be the same man again. How can you say Thor has humanity if you go on to say he only got it by being a spectator to another human? Surely one only gains humanity by being human.
    Last edited by superchick; 05-02-2012 at 03:52 AM.

Storm's been an Avenger for 5 minutes and her most memorable act was ditching them for the X-men in the middle of an impending war. So far she's more fit for a list of the Worst Avengers

Season 2 of Blue Estate CTpitch's Avatar

Storm has been a pretty much useless on the avengers there is really no merit to her being on the team let alone ranked in the top 50

my goodness IGN really screwed up on this list. I'm actually kind of tired for ragging on them for being dumb blind fanboys that haven't read any comics publish pre 2008
    at least Black Knight and Herc was on this list thats the only positive thing I have to say about this
    A Happy supporter of Indie comics and B-list heroes

Check out the Death to Comics Podcast...if you dare

She-Hulk, Nova, Thing, Venom, and Wolverine beating Wasp? Almost worse than their top 25 X-Men stories. Almost!
    Last edited by manymade1; 05-02-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

Yeah its hard to be angry at the list because its fan voted, its pretty much what everyone wanted, in our hands as fans ranking them not "them" lol.

I was pretty surprised at most of the list (storm even being on there was a little far fetched), definitely that Wolverine made it so high. But Ill stick with it because its fan voted on, so no one can complain (even though they will).

Thor being number 1 was actually surprisng but made sense really. When I read the blurb they put under the pic it really made me believe that yeah he could the only other number one besides Cap.
    Read Comics. Be Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by CTpitch View Post
    Storm has been a pretty much useless on the avengers there is really no merit to her being on the team let alone ranked in the top 50

my goodness IGN really screwed up on this list. I'm actually kind of tired for ragging on them for being dumb blind fanboys that haven't read any comics publish pre 2008
    at least Black Knight and Herc was on this list thats the only positive thing I have to say about this
    Dude, know your shizzle. It was fan voted. IGN only coordinated it. Get the facts before complain.
    Read Comics. Be Happy.

I don't care if Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and God himself got together and voted on it, that's the worst Avengers list I've EVER seen put together.

Lists are, by and large, usually subjective, especially ones that are left up to the voting public. Thus everyone is entitled to their opinion. That being said, I agree with Captain Picard...

Seriously, I like a lot of these characters featured on this list, but many, many of them should not be this high on the list compared to others. I mean, Spidey and Wolverine, great characters they may be (with Spidey being one of my favorite superheroes of all time), should NOT be in the top 10 Avengers, especially over the likes of Hank Pym, Vision, Wasp, and Scarlet Witch who have had FAR more impact which resulted in fundamental ramifications for the Avengers and the Marvel Universe for years afterwards. And with all due respect, the Dark Avengers shouldn't even be on this list since those guys are VILLAINS. And we have Flash Thompson/Venom, who while I do like, making the list over more classic characters, even though he just joined Secret Avengers, and even Mac Gargan/Venom (who, IMO, was an absolute flop as Venom) ranking even higher? And while they at least got the top 3 of Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor right, Cap should be #1 on the list, if only because when you think of the Avengers, he's the first guy who pops into your head. Good grief.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 05-03-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Anyway, the list is pretty silly and it could have been much worse...Sentry could have made the list.
    Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton