Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Translation - Those points get addressed in W&TXM the book where Rachel is appearing. Seriously...plus it was mentioned in Secret Avengers 26.
    The entire premise of teh Avengers argument is that the Phoenix and mutants = instant crispy death. Rachel Grey is proof that is bullfeathers. The fact that this is being swept away into a side book is proof that the editors want it to go away because it undermines the whole event.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbird View Post
    The entire premise of teh Avengers argument is that the Phoenix and mutants = instant crispy death. Rachel Grey is proof that is bullfeathers. The fact that this is being swept away into a side book is proof that the editors want it to go away because it undermines the whole event.
    How is it being swept away if it was mentioned already in Secret Avengers 26 and will be mentioned again in W&TXM?

Retired

Warbird is exquisite. She and Cecilia are the only things keeping me interested in Astonishing (maybe Karma too). The art by Mike Perkins still does absolutely nothing for me, which sucks because Dustin Weaver's covers are perfect. Phil Noto's work is as incredible as ever (I may have to start reading Uncanny X-Force) and Leonard Kirk is improving by the issue on X-Factor, that page with Shatterstar and (I'm assuming) Scattershot is wonderful. Everything about Legacy seems disappointing, but I'm at least looking forward to the upcoming focus on Frenzy. Also She-Hulk vs Hepzibah in Uncanny looks to be excellent.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    How is it being swept away if it was mentioned already in Secret Avengers 26 and will be mentioned again in W&TXM?
    Yes. Mentioned dismissively. "Hey, we have actual evidence that the Phoenix isn't instant crispy death backed up by years of personal experience of someone hosting it. Now, how are we going to deal with the fact that the Phoenix is instant crispy death it it takes a human host?"
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

lol that's hardly proof.

Rachel and QQ do kind of throw a wrench into things, especially since they beat Hope to the punch and are more interesting.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

How about we see how the actual events plays out and how Rachel/Quentin are involved before we start bitching about it.
    Last edited by fortyseven; 05-01-2012 at 03:24 PM.

BANNED

Man, somebody must have dosed the cooler in the WHR.

Can Phil Noto & Jerome Opena just be on Uncanny X-Force forever?
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

McKone has gone from drawing three issues with 25-27, to two issues implied with the solicits of July, and now just one issue now with this Noto page from #26.

Noto >> McKone, so hey, things are looking up!

It's the Avengers' excuse to finance their project. Iron Man's put his friends in jail to make cash in Civil War. Do you think he really cares? Of course he is going to omit sharing information.
    X-Poster of the Month: July 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    The wild, raging manes are the cherry on top.
    Yes YES YES

The Avengers don't know anything about the Phoenix.
    Cap America went to Wolverine to learn about the Phoenix, and Logan immediately directed Cap's attention to Hope and Utopia and didn't mention anything about Rachel.
    That means that the Avengers invaded Utopia because of two reasons:
    1) Because Wolverine holds a grudge against Cyclops and wants to ruin his life and island nation.
    2) Wolverine was protecting his daughter.
    That doesn't mean that the Avengers aren't HORRIBLE PEOPLE, but it's mostly because Wolverine didn't share any information about Rachel (or Quentin) to Cap. Cyclops even gave Cap shit in AvX 1 because Cap went to Logan to learn about the Pheonix instead of him.
    Last edited by fortyseven; 05-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.

BANNED

That argument is still in play cus its very unlikley Hope could control the force like Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by kusanagi25 View Post
    What the heck happen to Fantomex? Maybe Betsy told him the sex was bad and that why she went to Angel. lol
    Something about the Noto page and the fact that Psylocke goes to visit Angel in next week's issue and is still there in WATXM 11 makes me think there's no banging with Fantomex.