Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Pipeline - May 1, 2012

Augie sees his comic shop through a three year old's eyes, and an Apple developer's conference through jaded comic convention-going eyes. Plus, "Before Watchmen" and unions!

Full article here.

Kind of tangential, but the mention of better contracts for creators got me thinking about Artist Resale Royalties:
    http://www.freakonomics.com/2011/12/...help-or-hurt/#

Connecting it to comics, who would a standard contract help more? I would guess that big wigs in the industry would dominate the creation process, bringing in more creator rights and royalties with the publishers pushing back by lowering page rates. Great for an established artist, but kind of useless for the average guy who toils for years but never builds up a fan base. In other words, most beneficial to the people who need it the least.

There pretty much already are simulcasts for the panels at SDCC: They are called CBR and Newsarama.

Although yes, I would like to be able to hear the actual panels rather than a writer's translation of them. But it wouldn't really be worth paying for.