Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

John, thank you very much for your efforts. For a couple of days now, I was talking to some of the guys in this forum about what they would suggest as definitive GA and SA Superman stories since only came into comics because of COIE. Now I could hopefully dig into those GA and SA stories soon. Plus, it's hard to have your hands on comic books since I am in a developing country.

I truly appreciate all of these, man.

Glad you like them MOS. there are even more comics on my lab site. http://unrealitylab.dtdns.net Everyone is welcome to enjoy that site too.

John

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superman19492002 View Post
    Glad you like them MOS. there are even more comics on my lab site. http://unrealitylab.dtdns.net Everyone is welcome to enjoy that site too.

John
    HOLY CHRISTMAS TREE......

Thank You sir ..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MFitzH2O View Post
    God, I love that site.

And you...! You've just provided me with a link to the RADIO SHOWS!! I've been looking high-and-low for those!
    The radio shows are outstanding. If you go to archive.org you can get the (nearly) complete run. Be sure to check out the Atom Man arc. It is as good as it gets.

Well Poe 1809 as far as I know I have the most complete set available. At least that was how they were advertised. But I know I am missing some. I have a project for you if you are interested. Make a listing of all the ones I have and working from it see which ones I am missing and put them on a separate list. Then if you can find any of the missing ones you can do 1 of 3 things. 1 upload them to the files section of the yahoo group site that is part of the mix. 2 send them to me as attachments to e mails. My address is ulab1@juno.com 3. Make a list of which ones you found and where they are and send me the list to the same address. Then as I receive them I will upload hem to the site. If anyone else wants in on this task I’m sure Poe would appreciate the help. The more looking the more likely we are to find missing shows.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Eyes View Post
    Having had the misfortune to read Superman: Time and Time Again, I completely understand their reasons.
    What in the world is wrong with Time and Time Again?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

I'm going to feel really stupid if I somehow just missed it, but is it just me, or are there no issues of Action Comics over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    I'm going to feel really stupid if I somehow just missed it, but is it just me, or are there no issues of Action Comics over there?
    Oh, is Action that important a Superman book?
    Last edited by dupersuper; 03-18-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitzH2O View Post
    I really hadn't thought of the relaunch this way till now ... So, they're implying the whole of the relaunch is to hide the fact that they can't use the Superman with which we're familiar. I feel like a dope that I missed that...
    The only difference seems to be the suit though, and in the earlier issues of Action Comics they only made the character even closer to the original version.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

once and future

Thanks Lex. Reading the 60th Anniversary stories right now... brilliant stuff. I think I've occasionally run into this site, but I've never gotten to really go through it.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Oh, is Action that important a Superman book?
    I'll take that as a no, then...

I'll take that as a no, then...
    http://supermanthrutheages.com/tales5/aw/

Hi all me again,

1st. off Duper super Action is a very important book. If for no other reason that Superman got his start in Action #1. Sorry I haven’t been replying on here before but I have been tracking down all the Fleischer cartoons on line. It took me a while but I finally found a complete set at Free Movies on Line. While they had a complete set they also have all manner of annoying ads and pop ups on their pages. So I took the liberty of downloading their pages eliminating all the annoying BS and redid them as part of my Superman Group 1 Site. http://supermangroup1.jdk.dtdns.net/
    Just click on the cartoon banner on the site index (same as before to access them) and let me know what you think. I believe we have a complete set now.

John

You are a godsend, friend. And by the by, why is it that the site doesn't have Action Comics available? Please don't interpret this as an entitled request, I'm just wondering.

You are a godsend, friend. And by the by, why is it that the site doesn't have Action Comics available? Please don't interpret this as an entitled request, I'm just wondering.
    Well I said it before but I guess it got lost in the crowd. I was given a series of disks as a gift that had all the comics in CBR format. What I get, find, or buy I publish on the sites I run. There weren’t that many action comics in the disks I got. Part of the purpose of the group 1 club is so the members can work together and accumulate and share what they find. At 1 time we had over 500 plus members. Sadly 1 misguided individual screwed with the membership list nearly wiping it out. The more of us looking for Superman stuff the more things we are likely to find. As an example a bunch of us had various Superman things on videotape. None of which were available on DVD. None of us had it all but we all had some and we were willing to share. Turned out 1 of our members did DVD wedding videos as a sideline. So those of us who had things we wanted to preserve and share sent them to him along with a stamped self addressed envelope to get them back. He created a truly awesome DVD and returned the source materials to their original owners using the envelopes that were sent with them. Working with him on line I designed the cover art and e-mailed it to him. After figuring out all the production costs for the DVD’s we made a bunch and sent them to all interested parties at cost. We also sent 1to the owner of the Superman Museum in Metropolis making him a happy camper as well. Now if anyone in here would like to have one of those DVD’s for their very own let me know and I’ll see what I can do. I didn’t actually meet the DVD creator till 2years later at the celebration in Metropolis. Haven’t met the other participants in person yet. But it shows what a like minded group of individuals can do utilizing e-mail the Internet and snail mail without ever actually meeting. I think that Kurosawa would agree that this too is a good use of the Internet. So gang I already have the needed on line infrastructure set up. So why don’t we get together and turn Superman Group 1 into one of ,if not the best, Superman fan group on line.

I’ll be waiting for your replies,
    Sincerely John D. Koen
    Last edited by superman19492002; 03-24-2013 at 06:59 PM.