Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

So, in the first issue of Action Comics Superman takes on a lobbyist? Sounds good to me.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Well then SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... Don't tell anyone. It will be our little secret.
    If you read the data on the index / splash page of the site you will see it has been in operation since 2000. If DC wanted to shut me down they would have tried it a long time ago. They know about me and as long as I don’t represent the work as my own or try and turn a profit on it the comics are ok by them. As far as the radio shows go they are out from under copyright. That’s why various places offer collections of them to fans. After getting one of those collections I uploaded it on line so others could have them for free. For the technically minded, that may wish to download and burn a copy for themselves, They are broken up into 6sections as that was how they came on CD ROMS. But if you choose to put them on a DVD they will all fit on a single disk. I was particularly happy when Steve Younis (who runs the superman homepage) http://www.supermanhomepage.com/ asked if it was ok to link to some of the radio shows ( the ones about Superman and the KKK ) from his site for a thing he had going on. As he is supposed to have the largest Superman fan site out there I was glad to help out. If any of you are interested I’d be glad to have you sign up in the yahoo group site section. If you have any ideas about things you would like to see let me know. The biggest problem with most Superman fan sites and other fan sites I suppose is the cost of maintaining large amounts of data on line due to space limitations /server rental costs. Too many sites also go poof never to be seen again. Well I own my server so rental isn’t a problem and I’m not going anywhere so I won’t be going poof either.

John AKA Superman19492002

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superman19492002 View Post
    If you read the data on the index / splash page of the site you will see it has been in operation since 2000. If DC wanted to shut me down they would have tried it a long time ago. They know about me and as long as I don’t represent the work as my own or try and turn a profit on it the comics are ok by them. As far as the radio shows go they are out from under copyright. That’s why various places offer collections of them to fans. After getting one of those collections I uploaded it on line so others could have them for free. For the technically minded, that may wish to download and burn a copy for themselves, They are broken up into 6sections as that was how they came on CD ROMS. But if you choose to put them on a DVD they will all fit on a single disk. I was particularly happy when Steve Younis (who runs the superman homepage) http://www.supermanhomepage.com/ asked if it was ok to link to some of the radio shows ( the ones about Superman and the KKK ) from his site for a thing he had going on. As he is supposed to have the largest Superman fan site out there I was glad to help out. If any of you are interested I’d be glad to have you sign up in the yahoo group site section. If you have any ideas about things you would like to see let me know. The biggest problem with most Superman fan sites and other fan sites I suppose is the cost of maintaining large amounts of data on line due to space limitations /server rental costs. Too many sites also go poof never to be seen again. Well I own my server so rental isn’t a problem and I’m not going anywhere so I won’t be going poof either.

Great to hear John. You are a blessing to Superman fans who most likely would never have a chance to read all these great old time stories without your help.

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

Inspiring stuff
    You, sir, are a dying breed, and I mean that in the most positive way possible. I hope you didn't construe my previous comments as negative remarks or doomsaying, I was simply concerned all your work might be lost. You sure seem to have a handle on things, though, so my hat's off to you. And thank you.

No worries as they say I sensed your concern for my welfare. But when you do Superman stuff for over 40 plus years you tend to work out the kinks.

John

Your site is a fine example of why the internet is great.
    Last edited by Kurosawa; 01-26-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

This might be useful if you want to pick a favs list to download from John's site:

http://www.comiccovers.com/image.php...0[DC]%20V1

Great site, John, especially the radio collection which has been hard to find over the years. It might be an idea to add the Fleischer cartoons too, if you have room on your server for that.

Anyway, glad to add my welcome to you joining the 'gang' here.

Last edited by planetman; 01-28-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Cavilling Metropolitan Self-DCeit's Avatar

That'll come in handy. Go raibh maith agat.

Quote Originally Posted by Self-DCeit View Post
    That'll come in handy. Go raibh maith agat.

Tá fáilte romhat, a chara!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Just in case you didn't know this existed.

http://site.supermanthrutheages.com/tales.php
    Thanks very much for posting that. :)
    Just might join that. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by planetman View Post
    This might be useful if you want to pick a favs list to download from John's site:

Great site, John, especially the radio collection which has been hard to find over the years. It might be an idea to add the Fleischer cartoons too, if you have room on your server for that.

Planetman,

As soon as I can discover a version of the Fleisher toons in a format I can upload to the site I’ll try to do it. Meantime you and the rest of the fine folks I have met in here are cordially invited to join the yahoo group site part of my site.

John AKA superman19492002

Planetman,

As soon as I can discover a version of the Fleisher toons in a format I can upload to the site I’ll try to do it. Meantime you and the rest of the fine folks I have met in here are cordially invited to join the yahoo group site part of my site.

John AKA superman19492002
    Thanks very much for the invite!

Quote Originally Posted by planetman View Post

Hi Planetman,

As you ask so shall you receive. I found 4 of the Fleischer cartoons in MOV format and have added them to the site. All you have to do is click on the banner that says Fleischer Cartoons and they pop right up. If I find any more or if someone sends some to me I’ll add them in as well.

John

Mate, you're a legend.

Hi Planetman,

As you ask so shall you receive. I found 4 of the Fleischer cartoons in MOV format and have added them to the site. All you have to do is click on the banner that says Fleischer Cartoons and they pop right up. If I find any more or if someone sends some to me I’ll add them in as well.

John
    Fantastic! Great stuff!

Thanks, John, you are a STAR!