Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR TV: Sam Humphries on "Ultimates," Self-Publishing & Jonathan Hickman

Writer Sam Humphries spoke with CBR TV about his career trajectory from self-publishing and self-distributing "Our Love Is Real" to working with Jonathan Hickman on "Ultimate Comics Ultimates" and more.

Full article here.

On Vacation

He seems like a pretty nice guy. I'm glad to know that he has a handle on things. About 1 more week till Ultimates 10 comes out.

Elder Member

So glad it's gonna be Humphrie's book and not Hickman's. Get ready to have your face melted off!
    Last edited by Plawsky; 05-01-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: language

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    So glad it's gonna be Humphrie's book and not Hickman's. Get ready to have your face melted off!

Great interview. Love his enthusiasm. It seems like he has a lot of potential to do some really bold, ballsy things in the UU.
    Comics are more better.

I wish he would have talked more about the book itself, but it's a good interview, nonetheless. I really hope he keeps some of Hickman's longterm plans, or at least adapts them for his story, because I know they would have been awesome. It's really a shame that he's leaving.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

We really need to find out where Hickman is going next. No more FF or F4 or Ultimates. I'm already committed to buying whatever Marvel book he writes for next.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I wish he would have talked more about the book itself, but it's a good interview, nonetheless. I really hope he keeps some of Hickman's longterm plans, or at least adapts them for his story, because I know they would have been awesome. It's really a shame that he's leaving.
    I still don't get why he left the Ultimate Universe completely. He would have been the great on Ultimate Comics: Fantastic Four.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I still don't get why he left the Ultimate Universe completely. He would have been the great on Ultimate Comics: Fantastic Four.
    He got a better job offered to him.

BANNED

That paid better.

I still call Avengers on this. Only Marvel book that makes sense.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Midnight Sons On-going.

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morentez View Post
    Seeing as how the Marvel Universe is being transformed into movie-verse, this is probably true. Hickman turned around the Ultimate Universe pretty fast and I imagine that they want him to do that to Earth 616 too.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    Seeing as how the Marvel Universe is being transformed into movie-verse, this is probably true. Hickman turned around the Ultimate Universe pretty fast and I imagine that they want him to do that to Earth 616 too.
    See, it's this Ultimate/movies-succeeds-bring-it-to-616 attitude that scares me over there. Luckily, since he's been writing both Ultimates and FF/F4, it seems that Hickman understands that these universes are different, and (editorial mandate aside) he may be able to stop the 616-copying-Ultimate/movies thing at Fury Jr. If he ends up writing Avengers, that is.