Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Huntress & Power Girl Feature in Perez & Maguire's "Worlds' Finest" #1 Pages

DC has revealed a behind-the-scenes look at George Perez and Kevin Maguire's pages for "Worlds' Finest" #1 written by Paul Levitz. The "Second Wave" title hits stores May 2.

Full article here.

BANNED

looks alright, better than his art in his guest issue of Supergirl, Nicola Scott's art on Earth 2 looked WAY better, still hate the powergirl suit.
    i do really like the page with supergirl infront of that machine with her outfit shreded, the detail on the machine is really good, and power girl looks really Strong and powerful in the first panel of that page.

BANNED

wish Power girls new outfit looked more like this, but with a smaller,thiner boob hole and dark red thigh high boots...... and probley a longer Cape
    Last edited by Movieartman; 05-01-2012 at 10:47 AM.

I really want to like this book but the art is just bad :(

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum; I wasn't too sure about this book, but I'm digging the art.
    Be all you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    I'm on the other end of the spectrum; I wasn't too sure about this book, but I'm digging the art.
    wish I could join you but for now I'll get my PG fix from Ame-Comi Girls

Not even taking into consideration that I am still bitter about the change to PG's costume, the art looks really dated. Not that good. I might still pick up the first issue just because it is Power Girl, but, and I can't believe I am going to say this, I might not continue getting this if the art does not improve.
    DCnU
    Aquaman, Green Lantern, Green Lantern: New Guardians, Justice League, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Teen Titans, Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Action Comics, JLI

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 116ekg View Post
    Not even taking into consideration that I am still bitter about the change to PG's costume, the art looks really dated. Not that good. I might still pick up the first issue just because it is Power Girl, but, and I can't believe I am going to say this, I might not continue getting this if the art does not improve.
    this is true, i find it halrious that in this thread http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ime-You-decide!
    he is an option for the Greatest avengers artist of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    this is true, i find it halrious that in this thread http://forums.comicbookresources.com...ime-You-decide!
    Actually, I personally think he is the greatest Avengers artist.
    Be all you can be.

Different strokes for different folks. IMHO, Perez is one of the best comics artists of the past 40 years. His stuff isn't quite as solid as when he was in his prime during the eighties, but it still outshines most artists working in the field today.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badger1701 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. IMHO, Perez is one of the best comics artists of the past 40 years. His stuff isn't quite as solid as when he was in his prime during the eighties, but it still outshines most artists working in the field today.
    strongly disagree stuart immonen, oliver coipel, frank cho, mike deadato, Esad Ribic, Byan Hitch, Absolutly without question Ivan Reis, jim lee, alan davis, jae lee, marko dejurdivic, Kenneth Rockafort, My God JH Williams 3, Gilliam March, juan jose ryp, Jim Cheung, arthur adams, Phillip Tan, Stephan Sejic, Clayton Crain and Gary frank ALL of them i think are a thousand times better than Perez ever was IMO no offense to yours, like walter simonson (his modern work) steve dillion and JRJR i can see almost no value in his art.
    the one thing perez does get right offen is he is sometimes brilliant with his panels
    Last edited by Movieartman; 05-01-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    This is such a crazy sentiment to me. Even at his worst, George Perez is better than 90% of the artists out there. There's nobody who can tell a story like this guy.
    Go read your Greg Land X-Men comics.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    This is such a crazy sentiment to me. Even at his worst, George Perez is better than 90% of the artists out there. There's nobody who can tell a story like this guy.
    Go read your Greg Land X-Men comics.
    greg land.............. hell No!
    where too busy reading aquaman with brilliant Ivan reis and Batwoman with Godly JH Williams the 3rd (THAT MAN CAN TELL A STORY)
    not to be rude just saying

strongly disagree stuart immonen, oliver coipel, frank cho, mike deadato, Esad Ribic, Byan Hitch, Absolutly without question Ivan Reis, jim lee, alan davis, jae lee, marko dejurdivic, Kenneth Rockafort, My God JH Williams 3, Gilliam March, juan jose ryp, Jim Cheung, arthur adams, Phillip Tan, Stephan Sejic, Clayton Crain and Gary frank ALL of them i think are a thousand times better than Perez ever was IMO no offense to yours, like walter simonson (his modern work) steve dillion and JRJR i can see almost no value in his art.
    the one thing perez does get right offen is he is sometimes brilliant with his panels
    Good list. Only one of that entire list I find fault with, and I know it's a personal taste thing. But all those guys would mop the floor with George Perez's work (sorry Perez lovers...).

I will certainly be picking this up, because I think PG is a lot of fun, and I love the "stranded from my home dimension" angle. But George Perez's art could go beyond my tolerance after not too long. Hopefully it's a 6-issue run and then they get someone more to my liking. Of course, that's assuming that the writing is holding up its end. If not, I may not make it 6 issues. But I hope it"s a fun title, and my intentions before reading it are to support the title. We shall see...

BANNED

I feel so conflicted about whether I want this comic or not!