Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Just saw the Avengers movie. The real Nick would never say something like "stupid-ass plan." It's all Sam Jackson.
    Ultimate Fury, who movie Fury is based on, says stuff like that all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    This is true. But it's worth mentioning that the link he provided was from a Forum fan site and it didn't even have all what he was claiming on it.
    It was the creator of the freaking cartoon, not a fan site. He's even talking about it himself. The link expired. Sorry man, doesn't change that it happened. Lol

It doesn't really matter what website the link was posted on. I don't know if it being top ten and everything is still the case since I haven't checked recently but for a long while including when that link was posted it was top ten and was even mentioned as one of marvel's fastest selling dvds. And when bet finally decided to air (though at 3 in the morning mind you) it would heavily trend each time it aired. Those things happened as I and many others saw it.

Anyway sorry for the off topic post but had to clear it up.
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.

I'm sure. That's why on every other site it's not even listed including the year it was released. But whatever it happen because you guys believe it to be true.

Back to the topic at hand.........

BAAMMMM!!!!!

A lot of people are worried that Marcus Fury will replace Nick Fury. I however, believe you guys(Marvel) are just taking the time to set him up as a kick butt Agent of the MU and still keep Nick Fury sr. relevant in the MU in some form. Am I wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomBrevoort
    No, you're pretty much right on the money.
    http://www.formspring.me/TomBrevoort...paign=answered
    Now can we please put this to rest.

Just saw the Avengers movie. The real Nick would never say something like "stupid-ass plan." It's all Sam Jackson.
    Yeah cause Sam Jackson wrote the script.

To each their own, but I don't know why you are so flustered about something you've been well aware of for a few years now

BANNED

Trident, that's what they have been saying and pro-Marcus folks have been saying. anti-Marcus folks need to not be anti-Marcus...but Pro classic Fury and not trash a character that is not taking anything away far the old Fury. Support his appearances, and have a sound argument, without Bashing Marcus.

Old Fury is like James Bond, Clint Eastwood and General Patton rolled into one. Marcus is like Jason Bourne. They are not the same. There is room for both. Nick sr has not been in that role for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Old Fury is like James Bond, Clint Eastwood and General Patton rolled into one. Marcus is like Jason Bourne. They are not the same. There is room for both. Nick sr has not been in that role for a very long time.
    I think thats a pretty apt analogy

Trident, that's what they have been saying and pro-Marcus folks have been saying.
    I know that's what you have been saying. I have been saying it as well. I just didn't agree with you seemly false claims concerning another character.

I'm not sure this will add much to (fun) conversation you guys are having, but......

I think the movie Fury should have been the son of a WWII Fury (a la Howling Commandos) that could have featured in the first Captain America film. That way when Steve awoke in modern times it would have been a nice link back to his past. Granted this would have been a basic copy/repeat of having Howard Stark in the film too and Sam Jackson isn't mixed race, but it could have worked (okay at a stretch)

As for Marcus I don't think it's such a bad idea that Nick has a secret son, I do think it's a bit silly..... no beyond silly that he's lost his eye, shaved his head, grown a goatee and changed his name (just so the movie fans will have a point of reference). I have no problem with him working for S.H.I.E.L.D or being a previously unmentioned character (only Sentry bugs me on that level and maybe Jessica Jones), I do think Marvel is making a rod for its own back by doing such an obvious shoehorned plot twist/storyline.

Ultimately (ha) Marcus/Nick Jr won't be the long term Nick Fury because original one has too much links to various MU characters/history. I do fear the inevitable 'let's kill off the black guy' thing that Marvel does (RIP Goliath, Synch, Bishop as a good guy)

but there's nothing I can do about that
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. And inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx.

Superman Returns - Deadbeat Dad

I haven't read through this whole thread, but it seems pretty clear to me that if they wanted both "Furys" to operate simultaneously, long into the future, they'd keep calling the kid "Marcus." The fact that they've gone to the trouble of naming him Nick (Jr.) is indicative, to me anyway, that one day he will ultimately replace the original. It might not be tomorrow, or a year from now, but I'm willing to bet within the next 5 years Nick, Sr. will be dunzo.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by darkhawk76 View Post
    Ultimately (ha) Marcus/Nick Jr won't be the long term Nick Fury because original one has too much links to various MU characters/history. I do fear the inevitable 'let's kill off the black guy' thing that Marvel does (RIP Goliath, Synch, Bishop as a good guy)

but there's nothing I can do about that
    This. I can well understand fans of classic Nick Fury being worried about Nick being phased out, and I don't think reassurances from Tom Brevoort are going to change that. I do think, however, that classic Nick Fury is too iconic to disappear for long; memories of the Steranko series alone will keep him alive in fans minds, and even if the current Marvel editorial team try and kill him off, in a few years a new creative team will bring him back out of nostalgia for sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NamorsTrident View Post
    I know that's what you have been saying. I have been saying it as well. I just didn't agree with you seemly false claims concerning another character.
    There was no false claim. You can't change why occurred and it doesn't matter what you believe. Tons of people who were actually following know what occurred. Including the creator of the show, who was also talking about. Reasonable people would not hold you stance. Then again, you don't matter. You are not a fan.

Yes he would. If you think Fury is above saying "stupid-ass" that's all on you dude.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Trident, that's what they have been saying and pro-Marcus folks have been saying. anti-Marcus folks need to not be anti-Marcus...but Pro classic Fury and not trash a character that is not taking anything away far the old Fury. Support his appearances, and have a sound argument, without Bashing Marcus.

he was up until they removed his eye and shaved his head. now he's a ripoff of an analog. he's not Marcus anymore. this is just all really messy. and, again, i don't see this as a racial issue. i'd be just as pissed if it had been "George Clooney-Fury" that he got morphed into. but, as it is, Ultimate Fury is the Ultimate Universe counterpart to 616-Nick Fury. so why does Marcus now look like him? don't you see why that is really really corny?
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
    Well, it had stopped doing that.

Nick Fury is absurdly bad ass, no mistake there, but something about Ultimate Fury is just damn cool without bordering on ridiculous.
    Marcus isn't Ultimate Fury! if he were, i'd say, "lame that they've pushed classic Nick aside. but this makes sense if they are trying to capitalize on the movie."
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time