Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Monty, that torch and phasing out was happening before Marcus. This is what I don't get.

You had Tony, Carter, Osborn and Rogers leading S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury showed up yes..but they were actually in the role folks are complaining about.
    You have Bucky and Black Widow doing the Spy thing, in solo books.
    No one is mentioning that Secret Warrors was pretty much a status change/ transition for Nick.
    When was the last time Nick Fury was a rookie, inexperienced S.H.I.E.L.D agent? And seriously, how does that make Marcus the same as a spy master?

If he joins the Defenders, or becomes their handler...then what?

The only thing that folks have a point is losing the infinity formula. Other then that...other characters have taken his perks.

Marcus is using a Ranger Kabar and a gun..and Steve's SS suit.
    None of those other guys were also named Nick Fury and looked exactly like the successful Ultimate U/movie version. He's not really Marcus anymore. He looks like SJ Nick Fury and he goes by Nick Fury. How long before someone says, hey that might be confusing, let's say bye bye to WW2 Nick? Steve Rogers was never going to be mistaken for Nick Fury. Neither was Tony Stark. But Nick Fury might just be mistaken for Nick Fury. (Ouch, my head hurts now).
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ziza9 View Post
    Me too. He looks like The Executioner from Simonson's run with a tan.
    We call it "Disco Blade" smh

None of those other guys were also named Nick Fury and looked exactly like the successful Ultimate U/movie version. He's not really Marcus anymore. He looks like SJ Nick Fury and he goes by Nick Fury. How long before someone says, hey that might be confusing, let's say bye bye to WW2 Nick? Steve Rogers was never going to be mistaken for Nick Fury. Neither was Tony Stark. But Nick Fury might just be mistaken for Nick Fury. (Ouch, my head hurts now).
    I doubt it the two characters look different. Steve Rogers looks more like Nick Fury Sr, than Nick Fury Jr does. Besides he isn't the director of Shield he is just an agent. Hardly the same role Fury had.

We call it "Disco Blade" smh
    yeah I hate that Blade design. Its like Marvel intentionally wants the character to fail. Seriously who came up with that design and than what's worse is it got okay'd. Sometimes I worry that no one has the balls to stand up and criticize someone's character designs in this industry.

BANNED

But that's the point, they wanted him in 616. This is not a argument you guys are going to win. SJ Fury is a part of a massive blockbuster that could top 1 billion when it's said and done. Marcus is SJ Fury, a younger version...mid 30's, and a Ranger. And no one is going to mistake anything.

It's his Father. There is no reason to say it. It's simple as...that's his Dad. Because after the Avengers movie, the most well know Fury is not the classic.

If I was working for Marvel, after seeing all this..I would get rid of Marcus and Bring Ultimate Fury over just to give folks something to really go on about. Lol, j/k

The point is he is a young version of SJ Fury...who is thrust into super heroics. That's nothing like his father.
    Last edited by Umbra; 05-01-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Must be hell on Catalog days. How does he feel about the Post office closings?
    hold on to your butt!
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I doubt it the two characters look different. Steve Rogers looks more like Nick Fury Sr, than Nick Fury Jr does. Besides he isn't the director of Shield he is just an agent. Hardly the same role Fury had.
    I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.
    Not hard to fathom at all. Just a general dislike for the concept and execution. But at this point, I am starting to get over it. Don't like it, but it is what it is and I don't have to follow the new Fury if I don't want to. I'll stop beating a dead horse.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Monty, that torch and phasing out was happening before Marcus. This is what I don't get.

You had Tony, Carter, Osborn and Rogers leading S.H.I.E.L.D. Fury showed up yes..but they were actually in the role folks are complaining about.

don't you see? they were showing that no one but Fury can do that job. it was reiterated throughout each tenure of directorship. and do you remember what got Steve Rogers back in the field? Fury tricked him into taking back the Captain America mantle. that's why Fury showed up. he, literally, snuck back onto the Helicarrier, banged maria Hill, and retrieved all the info he needed on the skrulls.

You have Bucky and Black Widow doing the Spy thing, in solo books.

because Fury's a spymaster. he's a g-damn boss. not a field agent. read that Dark Reign Thunderbolts again. Natasha thought she was working for Fury. Osborn was using her to track down Fury. he was the threat; not the Black Widow. Hydra actually lowered themselves to work with Osborn; for this purpose.

No one is mentioning that Secret Warrors was pretty much a status change/ transition for Nick.
    it started out with the kids. but it rapidly went back to being Nick's show. this was about him clearing house/putting SHIELD in a place where it could work again. and nothing i saw from Daisy convinced me that she could take over for Nick. even at the end, she was still following his gameplan. they introduced the idea that Fury had been manipulated by Hydra somehow. but they ended with Fury being reestablished as a master manipulator. Druid was brought back into the fold. consider how he ejected from the team. this was totally Nick showing Daisy that he'd always have the final say.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

DD & BP: secret BFF's FriendRoss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    didn't read Secret Warriors, huh?

Bits and pieces

Wasn't that originally published like 4 years ago though? I'm talkin here and now. You know, like nick flury jr (I felt dirty saying it)

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    Bits and pieces

Wasn't that originally published like 4 years ago though? I'm talkin here and now. You know, like nick flury jr (I felt dirty saying it)
    Four years ago? It ended late LAST year.

I'm sorry, but now thanks to this monstrosity every time I see Sam Jackson as Fury I explode with anger.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

There can't be two Ant-Men. There can't be two Visions. Can there be two Nick Furys? I doubt it.

So in a year from now when Samuel Fury is the head of SHIELD.... can people complain about him replacing Nick?

Yeah this was just dumb, I already hate this cat..
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)