Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Yost Concludes "Battle Scars" with Agent Coulson's Help

After introducing the Marvel U to Nick Fury's son in "Battle Scars," CBR spoke to writer Chris Yost about another intro -- Agent Coulson from Marvel's Movie Universe -- and the series finale.

Full article here.

Know-it-all... really!!! riotgear's Avatar

Doesn't Marvel read its own books before they write their stuff? They already established in Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD that Nick no longer needs the Infinity Serum (he had ran out), as he had taken it so long that his body was generating it naturally.
    Riotgear's Facebook
    --------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by riotgear View Post
    Doesn't Marvel read its own books before they write their stuff? They already established in Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD that Nick no longer needs the Infinity Serum (he had ran out), as he had taken it so long that his body was generating it naturally.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

It's not like (the real) Fury couldn't use testosterone and human growth hormone injections instead. smh.

BANNED

So what's all this? Sam Jackson Fury is now 616 Fury? You fucking kidding me?!? Don't get me wrong i don't mind Ultimate Fury, but he's nothing, nothing on 616 Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    So what's all this? Sam Jackson Fury is now 616 Fury? You fucking kidding me?!? Don't get me wrong i don't mind Ultimate Fury, but he's nothing, nothing on 616 Fury.
    This is why I hate Sam Jackson Fury. He's invading everything!!!!! Now if he was only around in one universe that would be one thing. But replacing the Lee/Kirby Fury? I don't think so.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    This is why I hate Sam Jackson Fury. He's invading everything!!!!! Now if he was only around in one universe that would be one thing. But replacing the Lee/Kirby Fury? I don't think so.
    Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

In what dictionary does "Russian equivalent to SHIELD" equate to "terrorist conspiracy"?
    Mario Di Giacomo

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

More story inbreeding and self-referential nonsense from Marvel. There was no need whatsoever to streamline the movie and "regular" Marvel universes. Everybody and their dog Toto knows that movie adaptations take liberties with the original material, and in this case, the movies are pretty darn close to the Ultimates line anyway. Why go through the awkward and silly conceit that "Nick Fury Jr." is Nick Fury?

Poor Marcus... he never had a chance to be a real character. Now he's doomed to be the watered down version of a copy of a classic character. They even took out one of his eyes to try to make it work!

As for Coulson, well, why not. There's always room for one more agent of SHIELD. I wouldn't make him look so much like Matt Murdock, though.
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

I'm glad Yost kept referring to him as Marcus instead of Fury, Jr.
    I'll always refer to him as Marcus.
    I believe all that needs to be said has been. So here’s my two cents.”
    -- ScottMC, inadvertently summing up the Internet.

Was this your idea or did it come from Editorial?

I believe it was mine. It honestly feels like forever ago when Matt Fraction, Tom Brevoort, Cullen Bunn and I got on the phone and were hashing all this out. The point was always to introduce Marcus into the Marvel Universe and for fun I threw Coulson in there.
    Didn't Brevoort specifically say the whole thing was Quesada's idea?

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    More story inbreeding and self-referential nonsense from Marvel. There was no need whatsoever to streamline the movie and "regular" Marvel universes. Everybody and their dog Toto knows that movie adaptations take liberties with the original material, and in this case, the movies are pretty darn close to the Ultimates line anyway. Why go through the awkward and silly conceit that "Nick Fury Jr." is Nick Fury?

Poor Marcus... he never had a chance to be a real character. Now he's doomed to be the watered down version of a copy of a classic character. They even took out one of his eyes to try to make it work!

As for Coulson, well, why not. There's always room for one more agent of SHIELD. I wouldn't make him look so much like Matt Murdock, though.
    They did it for all the people who will no doubt flock to comic shops after the movie to get their comic book Avengers fix. They would be confused otherwise. You know, the thousands of new fans who will be seeking out Avengers comics after the flick. Just like after every comic movie. What? No? That doesn't happen? Hm. :)
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Stan Lee seems to be ok with it. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Stan Lee seems to be ok with it. Just saying.
    He doen't "okay" these decisions anymore.

I'm completely fine with them adding Coulson to the MU. He's somewhat of an original character. But, replacing the classic, original Nick Fury with Sam Jackson just to appease Marvel's imaginary new readers is ridiculous. If they wanted to make Marcus an original character, he could've been good. But making him 616's Sam Fury is an insult. If Marvel wants more black characters, create more black characers. Don't replace originals!!!!! (PS I know thety say the real Nick isn't going anywhere, but I'm still worried. It's only a matter of time untill a crappy writer comes along and says "wait a minute. we have two Nick Furys. Let's kill the white one off."

Sam Fury does NOT belong in 616!!!!