View Poll Results: If the Dark Knight Rises Makes More Money Than Avengers

Voters
150. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • People want a great movie first, action second.

34 22.67%
  • Kids dig Batman more because of all the toys.

7 4.67%
  • Are you insane Avengers is making more money!

59 39.33%
  • People are tired of Thor, Hulk, Captain America...etc.

2 1.33%
  • The last movie made more money than God so...

9 6.00%
  • Since this is the last film people won't want to miss it.

39 26.00%
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I think comic fans are getting waaaay too carried away with the Avengers hype,just cause they want it to beat TDKR does'nt mean it will.
    Movie fans that I've interacted with are much more hyped for TDKR,that movie if it lives up to expectations is a confirmed $1-1.2 billion,while Avengers at best will be $850-900 something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Avengers will be at $500 million worldwide on Sunday so..I mean, good luck Nolan? Less hype, no additional 3D ticket sales, from an objective viewpoint I really can't see how anyone thinks TDKR will surpass The Avengers in box office grosses.

I mean, it's going to open with at least 150 million in the US opening weekend.
    That may have been ridiculously impressive like maybe 7 years ago but now we have numbers like these every year.TDK was approaching similar numbers in it's third week.

Why would people be surprised if this outgrossed TDKR and to the people hating on the dialouge of Avengers I thought is was very witty. Avengers isn't perfect but it definetly deserves more credit than its detractors are giving. I mean 1.5 seriously???

BANNED

What detractors? It's only one person here who didn't like the movie. It was fun and entertaining, but it's not free from criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    What detractors? It's only one person here who didn't like the movie. It was fun and entertaining, but it's not free from criticism.
    I meant from other websites too. I had some problems with the movie myself but some people act like it's worse than TF.

BANNED

The overall reviews are favorable and the movie is a huge success. A movie like John Carter would have needed that kind of defense more than Avengers does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I think comic fans are getting waaaay too carried away with the Avengers hype,just cause they want it to beat TDKR does'nt mean it will.
    Movie fans that I've interacted with are much more hyped for TDKR,that movie if it lives up to expectations is a confirmed $1-1.2 billion,while Avengers at best will be $850-900 something.
    WE are getting way carried away ? then why are you defending TDKR then ?

It was a good movie. For me Hulk stole the show.

One thing I dont get if he is able to control the hulk why did he try and kill black widow?
    DEAD BABIES AVAILABLE NOW
    ORDER NOW Blog Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ffritts View Post
    It was a good movie. For me Hulk stole the show.

One thing I dont get if he is able to control the hulk why did he try and kill black widow?
    He didnt know he could at the time.

Which is odd because he controlled him in his latest movie. You know, when he fought the Abomination and all that...

The whole scene read to me as shit , oh shit I lost control, crap , crap. His introduction suggest he actually has good control.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I just want more to a storyline than just humorous dialogue exchange and big action.
    It was enough for me to get the team together and watch them break a few blocks of New york scenery. They've got their individual films to be introspective in. For the team movies, a little nextwave-style "Kick! 'Splode!" is all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by ffritts View Post
    durp
    This is the second day of release for the States, and plenty of people haven't seen it. Don't be a spoiler monkey. People will rage hard if they go into a batman thread and get an avengers spoiler. Don't be that guy.
    Last edited by Ian Pressman; 05-05-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

double post
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

I hope TDKR makes a ton of money, but I don't see why some people have to bash Avengers because they want TDKR to do better money wise. I loved both Batman movies and I had a amazing time watching Avengers. I have seen it twice and both times the audiences gave it a standing ovation. I say enjoy the movies. Comic movies are kicking ass and that's good for comics. TDKR is going to be a phenom in the theaters, but if you look that's the only franchise DC has. Jonah Hex and Green Lantern didn't exactly light up the theaters. TDKR is going to do exactly what we all know it's going to do. What DC needs to worry about is what Superman does.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    He didnt know he could at the time.

Which is odd because he controlled him in his latest movie. You know, when he fought the Abomination and all that...
    See I loved Ed Norton's Hulk the other one not so much.

Most if not all of Marvel's movie have this same formula only this time instead of it being about 1 character its about a team of characters.

Ironman changed Marvel's formula, Now they all play like Ironman.

Was I hyped for Avengers yes was more than TDKR... Hell No!

I am more hyped for Spiderman than Avengers though.

I love story hell its why I read comics. Avengers was a popcorn flick but honestly what did you expect?
    DEAD BABIES AVAILABLE NOW
    ORDER NOW Blog Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    That may have been ridiculously impressive like maybe 7 years ago but now we have numbers like these every year.TDK was approaching similar numbers in it's third week.
    Hahah Avengers: the highest grossing North American weekend of all time, was only impressive 7 years ago? Really?

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/aven...hina-openings/

And remember kids, TDKR does not, does NOT have 3D screens. So it will make less money by virtue of lower ticket prices and thus start out at a disadvantage compared to Avengers. But yeah, keep on saying the highest grossing weekend of all time isn't impressive. Oookay.

And more importantly then all the money, Avengers is a great film. The reviews are fantastic, the movie is fantastic, the whole deal is fantastic. So good luck Nolan, you will need it.
    Last edited by Kiryu; 05-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together