View Poll Results: If the Dark Knight Rises Makes More Money Than Avengers

Voters
150. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • People want a great movie first, action second.

34 22.67%
  • Kids dig Batman more because of all the toys.

7 4.67%
  • Are you insane Avengers is making more money!

59 39.33%
  • People are tired of Thor, Hulk, Captain America...etc.

2 1.33%
  • The last movie made more money than God so...

9 6.00%
  • Since this is the last film people won't want to miss it.

39 26.00%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

TDR will be a movie flop. Avengers is bringing in all of the hype and people who have seen it are not disappointed. The only reason Batman got so hyped was because Heath Ledger died. If he hadn't, Dark Knight wouldn't have raked in so much cash.
    Remember me? No? I'm the guy who gets all his facts about comics from Wikipedia!

Currently Reading: Robin (ongoing)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I preferred the voice from the first trailer, but I guess people couldn't understand it.
    I think the voice itself is the same, but in the trailer and the prologue it was modified electronically. I liked it too, gave him a more Darth Vader-ish tone to his voice, which makes him more monstrous.

It will be interesting to see what they go with for the finished film.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenaris View Post
    TDR will be a movie flop. Avengers is bringing in all of the hype and people who have seen it are not disappointed. The only reason Batman got so hyped was because Heath Ledger died. If he hadn't, Dark Knight wouldn't have raked in so much cash.
    Guess we'll find out.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

How come you have 1249 posts? If I had dumb opinions like this one here then I would have prolly been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I know both movies will make huge dollars. I'm just wondering if one makes more than the other can we safely come up with a reason why that is?
    It could be where the economy is at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    How come you have 1249 posts? If I had dumb opinions like this one here then I would have prolly been banned.
    No opinion is dumb. You can't ban a person for expressing their opinions about a movie. You ban people for trolling, flaming or for using bad language. With that in mind you should be banned for that comment.
    Remember me? No? I'm the guy who gets all his facts about comics from Wikipedia!

No opinion is dumb.
    It's my opinion that you didn't think that through very well. It's also my opinion that ground glass is good for the digestion. Everybody should totally start mixing it into his or her food.

Anyway, as usual when comparing two largely equal properties, aimed squarely at identical fanbases, the one with the best advertising will make the most money.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

where is the bat god option?

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    It's my opinion that you didn't think that through very well. It's also my opinion that ground glass is good for the digestion. Everybody should totally start mixing it into his or her food.
    No opinion is dumb, it's the actions that follow. You may have the opinion that you like to eat ground glass. That's fine, but actually eating it may be considered to be a bad move.

BANNED

Opinions can be dumb. The opinion that TDKR will flop, as in, make less than 500 dollars world wide, is dumb. If not dumb then very, very misguided.

Ledger's death did increase interest and boosted the box office for TDK. For the opening weekend. But the fact is, a movie doesn't make a billion dollars if people don't keep going back for repeat viewings.

No opinion is dumb...
    They can be uninformed, though.

I would agree Avengers will probably do better worldwide. Globally, movies with boisterous trailers with bombastic action scenes typically do really well. I'm thinking of Tomb Raider, Mission Impossible and the like.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    They can be uninformed, though.
    That's what I was going to say. I can't really see how TDKR can be expected to flop. While it won't hit the fluke numbers of TDK, it's almost certainly going to do really well.

As I recall, Begins did well, and TDK would have also even without Ledger's death. And Nolan's last film Inception was both a critical and box office success.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post
    That's what I was going to say. I can't really see how TDKR can be expected to flop. While it won't hit the fluke numbers of TDK, it's almost certainly going to do really well.

As I recall, Begins did well, and TDK would have also even without Ledger's death. And Nolan's last film Inception was both a critical and box office success.
    Not to mention Ledger wasn't that beloved of an actor. He probably added some sales but I doubt he added $500 million.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    Not to mention Ledger wasn't that beloved of an actor. He probably added some sales but I doubt he added $500 million.
    Certainly his death added prominence to the film and brought some people in, as did the Oscar he won for the role. How many more people that got into the theaters is almost impossible to say.