Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Love it. I don't get, "just another superhero comic book movie from this." Makes me feel like I am watching the trailer for an epic, tense thriller that stars Batman. I think that's a good thing as that is what has appealed to the wider audience and worked in the last two. Color me psyched for the release.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Love it -- it appears to capture the best aspects of Knightfall and Cataclysm, and gives a palpable sense that the lead character is vulnerable, something that's been lacking in any superhero flick since Superman 2. Definitely can't wait to see this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    I don't think so. They're not intelligent at all really. What's intelligent about it? Because it has a socio-political commentary that's spoon fed to us like we are children?

And apart from Ledger's Joker and Oldman's Gordon the acting isn't anything special. RDJ as Stark, Evans as Steve Rogers and Tom Hiddleston as Loki give better peformances than anyone in the Bat movies apart from Ledger and Oldman.

Also, when Chris Nolan can shoot and edit an action scene and write a female character that is more than a plot device or cypher for the audience, let me know.
    The Only things i will agree with you on here is that some of nolans action scenes are way too quick and close cut, and that tom Hiddleston gives a superior preformence than any besides ledger,
    RDJ............ while i wouldnt have anyone else in the role now, it think it is less acting and more just playing himself.

now about the females chracters being plot devices or whatever, i found that irelevent as the actresses (less so in Katie Holmes case) put in, IMO a damn good enough preformence that they make there character there own. and here hathway looks to be in a much larger role than a tipical plot device as you describe.

evans and bale in my opinion are about equal in there roles, the single comlaint i ever had about bales bat is the voice and it bothered me way less than it did most people, and bale makes his bruce wayne far more intresting than any of the previous actors did

BANNED

Boring trailer for a broing film series. The worst thing about this series has always been the script and dialogue. The awful, awful dialogue. Where its nearly all exposition and stupid things that no one anywhere ever has actually spoken in real life.

And Christian Bale is awful too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ziza9 View Post
    Love it. I don't get, "just another superhero comic book movie from this." Makes me feel like I am watching the trailer for an epic, tense thriller that stars Batman. I think that's a good thing as that is what has appealed to the wider audience and worked in the last two. Color me psyched for the release.
    thats exactly what a non jla universe batman needs to be!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsf View Post
    Love it -- it appears to capture the best aspects of Knightfall and Cataclysm, and gives a palpable sense that the lead character is vulnerable, something that's been lacking in any superhero flick since Superman 2. Definitely can't wait to see this.
    i honestly think thor once he realised he couldnt just pick his hammer back up and become a god again, there was plenty of vulnerablity in heimsworth's preformence and Edward Norton in the incredible hulk was spilling at the seams with a life like vulnerable, fearful but strong personality
    other than that strongly agree with both of you

Quote Originally Posted by Kick-Ass View Post
    And Christian Bale is awful too.
    I consider Bale to be the single worst actor in all of Hollywood. I hate him as Batman, just as I've hated him in everything he's been in. He just ruins these films. He cannot act.

Anyway, not bad as a trailer. But it just doesn't have me stoked the way Avengers did.
    Last edited by Arvandor; 05-01-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    thats exactly what a non jla universe batman needs to be!

i honestly think thor once he realised he couldnt just pick his hammer back up and become a god again, there was plenty of vulnerablity in heimsworth's preformence and Edward Norton in the incredible hulk was spilling at the seams with a life like vulnerable, fearful but strong personality
    other than that strongly agree with both of you
    Definitely agree about both Hemsworth's Thor (Loved that movie) and Norton's Hulk (another favorite).
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    The Only things i will agree with you on here is that some of nolans action scenes are way too quick and close cut, and that tom Hiddleston gives a superior preformence than any besides ledger,
    RDJ............ while i wouldnt have anyone else in the role now, it think it is less acting and more just playing himself.

now about the females chracters being plot devices or whatever, i found that irelevent as the actresses (less so in Katie Holmes case) put in, IMO a damn good enough preformence that they make there character there own. and here hathway looks to be in a much larger role than a tipical plot device as you describe.

evans and bale in my opinion are about equal in there roles, the single comlaint i ever had about bales bat is the voice and it bothered me way less than it did most people, and bale makes his bruce wayne far more intresting than any of the previous actors did
    I have high hopes for Hathaway. I like her as an actress and here Nolan has a character that he hasn't created, but one with a rich history and characterisation to call upon.

But no, Rachel Dawes was a horrible, horrible character. Both versions of them.

I also disagree about Bruce Wayne. Keaton's was much more interesting. Bale seems more interesting because we are told more about him, we see him become Batman. But in terms of actual acting performance? Keaton was better. He was more mysterious, he emoted better just with his facial expressions and mannerisms. His performance is just much more subtle, you can see he is in pain and slightly unhinged, we don't need to be told about it with dialogue and exposition. Also, he was more scary with a whisper and a stone cold glare than Bale can ever be with his silly voice.

Even die hard Chris Nolan fans recognise his dialogue isn't always great. It's very clunky and exposition heavy. I mean seriously, who in their right mind thinks the dialogue Harvey Dent has at the dinner table is good? It's corny and melodramatic and spoon feeds the audience. A lot of Nolan's dialogue is like that.

Nolan breaks the golden rule of film making all the time. SHOW, DON'T TELL.

BANNED

Anyone else see that wimpy incredibly lame flying punch Bane throws? A leaping twirling flying punch? Once again, the fight scenes are created by people who are not actual fighters, and have no knowledge of how real fighting works. It's just movie people creating pretend fights with no concept of reality. And once again, the Batman movie has the worst fight scenes of all superhero films. The fights and action scenes in Spider-Man movies have always kicked Batman's ass. And now with The Avengers, well haha, there's just no comparison. We're not even in the same "League" anymore. :D Make Mine Marvel.

Seriously, any good UFC fighter would knock Bane out easy. And he's supposed to be the main threat?! :D

Epic....

Where was it epic? I found it quite boring, and am finding it hard to get excited for this film. Maybe once July rolls around I will get excited.
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...ews&GCat=68251
    Original Art Collection

Don't pay cover price for comics, I don't. Use DCBservice.com

I don't know why, but now whenever I hear Bale talking in his Batman voice it just sounds silly to me.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziza9 View Post
    Love it. I don't get, "just another superhero comic book movie from this." Makes me feel like I am watching the trailer for an epic, tense thriller that stars Batman.
    And that's exactly why I said it doesn't feel like Batman. I'm not saying that Batman doesn't work in that scenario, but he feels like an accessory to a film that's about him. Of course that's all based on this trailer.

For the Nolan-ites who can't accept another viewpoint, I don't care less. I almost stooped to your juvenile level, but decided it's beneath me.

I just know that when I watch a Batman film, I expect to see Batman doing cool stuff. Why isn't he like every other action lead? What makes him different from say James Bond, an equally cool, collected, physically capable image of a man with cool toys or say Ethan Hunt? I'm not getting this from trailer number three.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BANNED

James Bond isn't a vigilante that wears paramilitary kevlar for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    James Bond isn't a vigilante that wears paramilitary kevlar for starters.
    That's pretty damned superficial and makes Bond seem even MORE capable than Batman. I mean Bruce is pretty damned intelligent as it's just him and a team of two, so I'll give him that over Bond.

EDIT: I think I just want better fight scenes. It's the one failing of Nolan that really helps to make Batman not as impressive as he should be.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

As much as I enjoyed the other two, this trailer is leaving me cold. It's too fiddley, Anne Hathaway looks and sounds retarded, Bane DOES sound better but still looks completely un-imposing especially considering the trailer seems to be trying to big him up. And it's the third movie in a superhero genre.

Never EVER goes well the third movie.

I'll see it, it may well be good trailers are often not great indicators of the movie, but they are supposed to get you interested and excited and this one makes me neither.