Default Who is William Cobb and other questions from a Gotham City noob

Sorry for these lame questions but this is my first time reading DC. My Batman background is Batman the animated series..

I just started reading Batman on #8, along with whatever tie ins to knight of the owls I've found. I'm wondering who William Cobb is. In the comic he said he was there to kill Robin, but I wasn't sure if he was just a low level ninja dude or some important character.

Who is Dick Greyson, as far as the old Robins go.. weren't there 3?

Are the other 2 still alive?

Who is the current Cat Woman?

Who is Redhood?

Who are the outlaws?

Did the court of the owls appear in any old DC continuity?

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    Sorry for these lame questions but this is my first time reading DC. My Batman background is Batman the animated series..

I just started reading Batman on #8, along with whatever tie ins to knight of the owls I've found. I'm wondering who William Cobb is. In the comic he said he was there to kill Robin, but I wasn't sure if he was just a low level ninja dude or some important character.

Who is Dick Greyson, as far as the old Robins go.. weren't there 3?

Are the other 2 still alive?

Who is the current Cat Woman?

Who is Redhood?

Who are the outlaws?

Did the court of the owls appear in any old DC continuity?

Thanks guys
    William Cobb is a new character who is suppouse to be Dick Grayson's grand father

Dick Grayson is the first Robin
    the other robins are
    Jason Todd, The second Robin, he died in the comic "a death in the family" but then he was brought back on comics as a villain on Under the Red Hood
    he is Red Hood, how is he alive? in a previous continuity it was cause something really really stupid called the reality punch of superboy-prime, but now it might not be the case, and originally Judd Winick(the writer of UTRH) wanted the league of assassins to revive him, so maybe thats it
    the third Robin is Tim Drake, first appeared in the storyline, Alonely Place to Die, basically he discovers who batman is and he approaches him to be the new robin after the death of Jason Todd
    the 4th robin was Stephanie Brown but her role as robin was removed from continuity, it no longer counts
    and 5th and actual robin is Damian Wayne, the biological son of Bruce Wayne and Talia Al ghul

the Outlaws is the group lead by Jason Todd, they are Starfire, a princess from another planet, and Roy Harper who was the sidekick of green arrow, read the comic if you want o know more

no, the Court of Owls is completely new

and you are welcome =)
    Check out the Comicfrontline
    The Self-destruction of New 52 FINAL PART
    Click here
    Check out Batwatchhttp://batwatch.net/

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

1. Dick Grayson is the original and most well-known robin. When he became an adult, he re-named himself Nightwing and adopted a new costume. The second Robin was named Jason Todd. He's currently an anti-hero named Red Hood. He has a convoluted background. The third Robin was Tim Drake; he's now known as Red Robin. The current Robin is Damien Wayne, Bruce's only biological son.

2 Current Catwoman is Selina Kyle. Same character as in the animated series, except she has black hair instead of blonde, and is in a sexual relationship with Batman.

3. Red hood is what Jason Todd is currently calling himself. He's the second Robin, who died at the hands of the Joker. In current continuity, he's been resurrected by unknown means. He holds a grudge against Batman and Nightwing for not avenging his death by killing the Joker. Black sheep of the Bat family due to his willingness to kill. The name Red Hood is a prior identity the Joker is believed to have used before becoming a clown.

4. The outlaws are Roy Harper, the alcoholic former sidekick to Green Arrow, and Starfire, the former teen titan, and Dick Grayson's ex. Roy and Jason are each involved in a sexual relationship with Starfire that started off as faintly insulting but has evolved into being oddly compelling. The dynamic of the trio is that they are all unwanted by their respective families, but have found a family with each other. It's an unusual set-up and actually kind of nice in how it's been implemented.

5. The court of owls are new 52 only.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldoAAD View Post
    William Cobb is a new character who is suppouse to be Dick Grayson's grand father
    Great-grandfather.

If you want more intel on who William Cobb is, I'd recommend the new 52 nightwing run. It dovetails into Batman 7 and seems to be the closest title to the night of owls cross over.