Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Back on topic, just read the first 2 arcs of Ultimate X-Men. If you have a soul you'll want more.
    Yeah, I decided to do just that. I picked up the first tpb of Ultimate X-Men by Millar. Looking forward to it.. My friends been telling me I need to read some millar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I would tell you to start with Millar, but that may be overly tedious. I suggest you try them both. Read the first arc from Millar and the first arc from Spencer and then decide. Don't listen to us on message boards because you'll get a million different answers.
    I'd try them both, but now I'm realizing the Spencer stuff isn't out in softcover yet. Gotta wait for it. I used to be totally okay with downloading but I got a conscience.. It's a bummer

I would say the sensible thing to do would be ask Wyokid his opinion and then do the opposite

I would go through them all from the start. Millar/Bendis/BKV were excellent, Kirkman was the surprising low point, a lot of people weren't big fans of Coliete but I think his short run is pretty good and tarnished by coming between Kirkman and Ultimatum. Ultimate X is probably the best thing Loeb did in the UU and then you are on to the excellent Spencer run. You should get the trades, it will be a fun read

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
    I would say the sensible thing to do would be ask Wyokid his opinion and then do the opposite
    But then you'd miss the Austen, Bendis, BKV, Kirkman, Coliete, Loeb, and Spencer...

i have read all of the ultimate x-men, and most of them were pretty good. haven't had a chance to read ultimate comics x-men and i have doubts about it. is it worth reading? don't want to ruin my ultimate x-men experience.

If your a fan of Kitty, Bobby, Rogue or Johnny then... HELL YEAH!!

If not, I'd still check it out to make your own mind up

It's been really well written so far but kind of all over the place. Brian Wood is taking over from #13 with arcs tightly focused on the group I just mentioned (plus Jimmy Hudson).
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile_17 View Post
    If your a fan of Kitty, Bobby, Rogue or Johnny then... HELL YEAH!!

If not, I'd still check it out to make your own mind up

It's been really well written so far but kind of all over the place. Brian Wood is taking over from #13 with arcs tightly focused on the group I just mentioned (plus Jimmy Hudson).
    That's the thing about UCXM, I'm not a huge fan of that group, but the story is very compelling. I have a feeling I will be a fan of those characters soon.

if i remember corectly, wolverine had a son, didn't he? the comic was called ultimate x or something. also, i saw a cover of the ultimate comics x-men that included a guy in a "1974 wolverine whiskers costume". was that maybe that guy?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I'm sure there are others, I'm just the loudest
    Nope, you're alone.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."