Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultimate X-Men or Ultimate COMICS X-Men

I want to start getting more Ultimate Universe. For X-Men, should I start with Ultimate X-Men, or jump forward to Ultimate Comics X-Men, and then play catch up later.

I've heard great things about Millar's writing in the first, so how is the writing in the second. How's the art in both?

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    I want to start getting more Ultimate Universe. For X-Men, should I start with Ultimate X-Men, or jump forward to Ultimate Comics X-Men, and then play catch up later.

I've heard great things about Millar's writing in the first, so how is the writing in the second. How's the art in both?
    Start from the beginning, Millar's X-Men comics are amazing and the current stuff will make more sense.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

On Vacation

Yah get Millars run it was really great. Although its kinda weird reading it now just because it took place in early 2000's. Reading it back then made more sense to me. Hope you like it.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Start from the beginning, Millar's X-Men comics are amazing and the current stuff will make more sense.
    Amazingly awful. Shit made me hate X-Men until 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Amazingly awful. Shit made me hate X-Men until 2009!
    You've just met the one person on the UU board that feels this way.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Elder Member

You've just met the one person on the UU board that feels this way.
    I'm sure there are others, I'm just the loudest

On Vacation

I'm sure there are others, I'm just the loudest
    Was it the Ultra-violence or Millars writing? Or did you just hate the 2000's.

Elder Member

IDK if a thread where someone who hasn't read it would be a good place to say this lol...

Also I LOVE the 2000s!

Back on topic, just read the first 2 arcs of Ultimate X-Men. If you have a soul you'll want more.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Elder Member

Back on topic, just read the first 2 arcs of Ultimate X-Men. If you have a soul you'll want more.
    Are you saying I have no soul? WTF man.

On Vacation

IDK if a thread where someone who hasn't read it would be a good place to say this lol...

Also I LOVE the 2000s!
    Fair enough though I have a suspicious feeling it has something to do with Millars writing.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Fair enough though I have a suspicious feeling it has something to do with Millars writing.
    There's more than to it then that. Plus, I'm not a fan of Kurbert's art. There's a TON of stuff wrong with his UXM run.

Also I don't hate everything by Millar. I'd recommend his Superior and Superman Adventures (or whatever the comic based on Superman The Animated Series was called) run.

On Vacation

There's more than to it then that. Plus, I'm not a fan of Kurbert's art. There's a TON of stuff wrong with his UXM run.

Also I don't hate everything by Millar. I'd recommend his Superior and Superman Adventures (or whatever the comic based on Superman The Animated Series was called) run.
    "Also I don't hate everything by Millar." I never said you did.The key is you hate a lot of Millars work in the Ultimate Universe. I have read Superior and it was one of my favorites of his comics next to Ultimate Avengers 2.

I started reading the new ones before I had finished reading the first volume and managed to make sense of it (and really enjoy it), but I'd recommend slowly making your way through the old trades too, at least up to Magnetic North as they were fantastic.

If your going to jump on with the new X-Men then Ultimate X & Fallout are probably your best reads to catch up before diving in.
    ULTIMATE COMICS ~ DC DARK ~ BUFFY/ANGEL ~ GREEN ARROW ~BATMAN/BATWOMAN ~ THE MASSIVE ~ PLUS LOTS OF IMAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post

I would tell you to start with Millar, but that may be overly tedious. I suggest you try them both. Read the first arc from Millar and the first arc from Spencer and then decide. Don't listen to us on message boards because you'll get a million different answers.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme