Default Share some Ant-Man knowledge, please!

I want to read a little ant-man, but old ant-man. Either Henry Pym or Scott Lang. I've already got my hands on wome Eric O'Grady. I can't find any ant man tpb on amazon besides irredeemable. Anyone know of some Ant-Man stuff available with good stories about Henry Pym or Scott Lang? Any origin stories? Season One is on the way out but I haven't liked the season 1 books so far, not my style.

I'm considering the Masterworks but it's much more expensive than the other Masterworks so for that I'm gonna wait. There's gotta be someone here who knows where to get started reading ant-man.

Most of Henry Pym's and Scott Lang's stories have been as part of teams, not really solo.

You said you were looking for Hank Pym stories - are you only interested in stories of him as Ant-Man? Because he was only Ant-Man for a short period of time in the Silver Age, and his best stories were as Goliath, Yellowjacket, Giant-Man, etc. I can give plenty of suggestions if you're interested in Pym stories in general.

Relatively recently an issue called Avengers Origins: Ant-Man and Wasp was released. I haven't read it but supposedly it's quite good. Hank Pym as Ant-Man has a fairly large role in Avengers: The Origin by Joe Casey as well.

As for Scott Lang, he had a fairly large role in Geoff Johns' Avengers run, which runs through the trades World Trust, Standoff, Red Zone and The Search for She-Hulk. I'm sure Monty Cristo can give you a better rundown of the best Scott Lang stories than I can.

In 2010 there was a miniseries called Ant-Man and Wasp, which was a teamup between Hank Pym, as the Wasp, and Eric O'Grady, as Ant-Man. Perhaps you're interested in that?
    Last edited by Telos; 05-01-2012 at 12:22 AM.

The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

I did some search about it and found some really good articles on internet you can check it out also.

Capital Alternative

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

Marvel Feature 3-10 had an Ant-Man run. This was early seventies.

After Henry was Ant-Man and Giant Man and Goliath and Yellow Jacket ( with amnesia ) in the Avengers and TTA(1960s). Then he quit and Hawkeye became Goliath. Then this run. Then afterwards Hank joined the Defenders for several years and was Yellow Jacket again. Still in the seventies.

Herb Trimpe drew some of this Marvel Feature run and Jack Abel, I think and early work from P. Craig Russell.

Then Marvel Feature became the Things' Teamup Book with issue 11 and 12 (Starlin) before he had Marvel Two-In-One.
    Last edited by custodes; 05-01-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    Namor is King! Killraven too. Mantis is the greatest!

Shatterstar is gay. Deadpool is Bi.

Scott Lang was supposedly killed in Avengers Dissembled, in which the Scarlet Witch was under the influence of a life force which also (temporarily) killed the Vision. Though recently in Avengers: The Children's Crusade the Young Avengers saved him by going back in time to the time of the mansion exploded. This then results in tragedy, where Cassie Lang (Now the superhero, Stature) is killed by Doctor Doom possessed by the same life force.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    This then results in tragedy, where Cassie Lang (Now the superhero, Stature) is killed by Doctor Doom possessed by the same life force.
    That hurts. Cassie was a great Hero and the Young Avengers team is missing her. Bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by custodes View Post
    That hurts. Cassie was a great Hero and the Young Avengers team is missing her. Bring her back.
    Yeah, she was the only good member of the team.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Yeah, she was the only good member of the team.
    I like them all. Although Patriat has been a disappoinment.

I believe the Essentials has a nice, big, fat, juicy B&W Tales To Astonish book on Ant Man/Giant Man etc...

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Scott Lang was also featured in the later part of Tom DeFalco's run on the FF. After Reed was presumed to be dead in issue #381, Sue brought him on staff to take care of all of Reed's stuff that the rest of the team didn't know what to do with. He was officially invited by her to join the team but he turned it down. But he lived in the FF's Four Freedoms Plaza for a while along with Cassie. This is where she met Kristoff Vernard, who was also living there and developed a crush on her. I was ticked off that she was killed off in Children's Crusade because I was hoping these two would meet up again. They were starting to be a couple in the MC2 stories where Cassie took on the code name of Stinger in A-Next.

Hank Pym's origins in Marvel go way back the Silver Age to the old Tales to Astonish horror / sci fi anthology book, "the Man in the Ant Hill" in issue #27. I believe it's collected in the Marvel Masterworks line. His solo series with Janet Van Dyne starts in Tales to Astonish #35 and lasts until #69. It was one of those two for one books and the Hulk shared the other half of the book Towards the end, he had become Giant Man and then his series was replaced with a Sub-Mariner solo series.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-01-2012 at 01:23 AM.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    Most of Henry Pym's and Scott Lang's stories have been as part of teams, not really solo.

You said you were looking for Hank Pym stories - are you only interested in stories of him as Ant-Man? Because he was only Ant-Man for a short period of time in the Silver Age, and his best stories were as Goliath, Yellowjacket, Giant-Man, etc. I can give plenty of suggestions if you're interested in Pym stories in general.

Relatively recently an issue called Avengers Origins: Ant-Man and Wasp was released. I haven't read it but supposedly it's quite good. Hank Pym as Ant-Man has a fairly large role in Avengers: The Origin by Joe Casey as well.

As for Scott Lang, he had a fairly large role in Geoff Johns' Avengers run, which runs through the trades World Trust, Standoff, Red Zone and The Search for She-Hulk. I'm sure Monty Cristo can give you a better rundown of the best Scott Lang stories than I can.

In 2010 there was a miniseries called Ant-Man and Wasp, which was a teamup between Hank Pym, as the Wasp, and Eric O'Grady, as Ant-Man. Perhaps you're interested in that?
    You answered first, and also seemed to have the most helpful info, so I took your advice. Like I said I didn't know much about Ant-Man so I didn't realize Pym was only a brief ant-man. I did manage to find a copy of Avengers: the Origin and I picked that up.. The cover art is sweet! I aslo picked up Avengers Origins: Ant-Man And The Wasp #1.. Unfortunately I couldn't find the rest, but it should be a fun read. When I'm done with that, if I still like the character as much as I thinkk I will, I'll definitely start taking a look though Geoff Johns' Avengers work. I also found his "Marvel Masterworks" which has his early appearances.. I do love the Marvel Masterworks books beecause of the campiness and awesome old timey art style but this one was like $40 and hardcover only. Thanks everyone for helping me get acquainted with Ant-Man!

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Monty_Cristo's Scott Lang recommended reads

. Marvel Premiere 47-48 (the origin story) http://www.comicvine.com/scott-lang/...miere/49-2575/

. Avengers #s 61-62 http://www.comicvine.com/scott-lang/...ngers/49-7084/

. Heroes for Hire 6,7,13,14
    http://www.comicvine.com/scott-lang/...-hire/49-6003/

. Marvel Two-In-One # 87 http://www.comicvine.com/marvel-two-in-one-/37-22169/

Avengers # 76 http://www.comicvine.com/avengers-full-house/37-114480/

. Fantastic Four 42 & 43 http://www.comicvine.com/scott-lang/...-four/49-6211/

. any of the Iron Man issues at this link http://www.comicvine.com/scott-lang/...n-man/49-2407/

. and any of the Avengers issues at this link http://www.comicvine.com/scott-lang/...ngers/49-2128/

i'd highly recommend avoiding any of Scott's appearances in Defalco's Fantastic Four. as a matter of record, the writer had wanted to use Hank Pym. the latter character had already been claimed for the Avengers book. so Defalco basically tried to write Scott as if he were Hank. but because he only considered Hank to be the "one true" ant-man, he started writing Scott as someone who couldn't live up to the role. i have all of the issues because i wanted a complete Scott Lang run. but i can't read any of them without getting angry. thankfully, he was back to his old self in John Ostrander's Heroes for Hire book.
    Last edited by Monty_Cristo; 05-01-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time