View Poll Results: Aquaman vs Wonder Woman

Voters
111. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Aquaman

    46 41.44%
  • Wonder Woman

    65 58.56%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 117 of 117
  1. #106
    Porn Addict paulski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    8,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Thanks to Paulski for a fun Thunderdome!
    You're very welcome. I had a ball as well.

    Thanks to everyone who took the time to vote and comment on these things. It turned out to be a hell of a lot more popular than I could have imagined - if you'd told me I'd get over 100 votes for the final (and a couple of other matches), I would have called you mad!

    Well done to Wonder Woman for taking out all the big guns thrown at her, but also congrats to Aquaman for even making the final. As a huge AQ fan, I'm thrilled he got so far.

  2. #107
    The Funisher jarvisjackrabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Thanks Paulski, this WAS loads of fun. I hope many of the new members who joined specifically to vote on these polls continue to actively participate on the boards.

  3. #108
    Porn Addict paulski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    8,730

    Default

    I hope so too. I've been heavily active on over half a dozen comic message boards in my time, and this is by far the most enjoyable one, so they could certainly do worse.

  4. #109
    "Dark Hero" The Animal Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,532

    Default

    To Be Honest i would of preferred Animal Man as the winner that series is really amazing and yet it always gets pushed under the rug because of the main stream heroes.....it's A Unique Blend Of Family Drama/Horror that makes it stand out from the rest of the new 52
    and it's because he's not some typical hero he's not the chosen one of some ancient prophecy he's not some super powered being from another planet he's not from a race of super humans he's not fighting crime because of a tragedy he's doing it just to protect his family and that's all that all matters to him not keeping a watchful eye on the world or flying through the sky taking all the fame and glory that comes with being a super hero he's just a family man
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

    https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

  5. #110
    Senior Member WhitOro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    3,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    To Be Honest i would of preferred Animal Man as the winner that series is really amazing and yet it always gets pushed under the rug because of the main stream heroes.....it's A Unique Blend Of Family Drama/Horror that makes it stand out from the rest of the new 52
    and it's because he's not some typical hero he's not the chosen one of some ancient prophecy he's not some super powered being from another planet he's not from a race of super humans he's not fighting crime because of a tragedy he's doing it just to protect his family and that's all that all matters to him not keeping a watchful eye on the world or flying through the sky taking all the fame and glory that comes with being a super hero he's just a family man
    The pools are over Animal, too late for propaganda :). Better luck next time.

  6. #111
    "Dark Hero" The Animal Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,532

    Default

    its not propaganda its just simple facts you can,t compare animal man to any other character in the dc universe like i said he is not your stanard comic book hero
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

    https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

  7. #112
    Rising User manymade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Fort Washington, MD
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulski View Post
    Well done to Wonder Woman for taking out all the big guns thrown at her, but also congrats to Aquaman for even making the final. As a huge AQ fan, I'm thrilled he got so far.
    I really wanted him to win but looking at the fact that he was able to get this far really tells me how much he's evolved.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

  8. #113
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    its not propaganda its just simple facts you can,t compare animal man to any other character in the dc universe like i said he is not your stanard comic book hero
    But it all depends on what you want from your comic books.

    I'm not big on the horror / excessive violence end, so that pretty rules out any Dark books as far as I'm concerned.

    I don't mind the occassional story with magic / supernatural elements, but not all the time.

  9. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jarvisjackrabbit View Post
    I hope many of the new members who joined specifically to vote on these polls continue to actively participate on the boards.
    I'm one of them and I hope to participate quite often. :) And me too, I want to thank you all - for making this contest and for leaving comments on the polls, it was really entertaining to read them!

    And congratulations, Diana - you were always my fav superheroine of DC!

    Last edited by Starry; 05-04-2012 at 10:17 AM.

  10. #115

    Default

    Wonder Woman cos play is far superior to most forms of cos play in my mind. I Say more!
    Sane Bat-Time, Sane Bat-Channel...

  11. #116
    "Dark Hero" The Animal Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But it all depends on what you want from your comic books.

    I'm not big on the horror / excessive violence end, so that pretty rules out any Dark books as far as I'm concerned.

    I don't mind the occassional story with magic / supernatural elements, but not all the time.
    guess you don't like wonder woman winning then since i heard that's pretty violent and heavy with magic
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

    https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

  12. #117
    Elder Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    here
    Posts
    18,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    guess you don't like wonder woman winning then since i heard that's pretty violent and heavy with magic
    Actually, I still find traces of superhero storylines in it, so I'm actually liking it.

    I didn't buy the first few issues because it didn't look like something I'd enjoy, but once I broke down and gave it a chance, I started buying it regularly.

    Swamp Thing, on the other hand, I bought the first six issues of and grew bored with the overall pace. Yeah, when you're dealing with plants you sort of have to expect the pace to be like watching the grass grow, but it really hadn't moved far enough by the time I read issue 6, so I cut it loose then.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •