View Poll Results: Aquaman vs Wonder Woman

Voters
111. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Aquaman

46 41.44%
  • Wonder Woman

65 58.56%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Earmites View Post
    Is Green Lantern cool?
    What exactly does this mean?
    I was commenting on the angsty reactions to Wonder Woman using a quick example of GL. You used 425 words to describe why JL and Batman are great titles. We are not really on the same line.

I vote for aquaman, wonder woman's good too though also I've heard that a lot of pre-52 fans of wonder woman don't like this version. I don't know why for me this is the only wonder woman book I've actually enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    What exactly does this mean?
    I was commenting on the angsty reactions to Wonder Woman using a quick example of GL. You used 425 words to describe why JL and Batman are great titles. We are not really on the same line.
    Definitely not on the same line here.

Slight off topic posts don't make me uneasy to the point of counting the words in them.

Being off topic is being off topic no matter how long or short it is.

So as not to upset you I will add in an on topic sentence.

Aquaman is neato burrito!!!

Is 57 words cool with you? 68 if you count these.
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

Definitely not on the same line here.

Slight off topic posts don't make me uneasy to the point of counting the words in them.

Being off topic is being off topic no matter how long or short it is.

So as not to upset you I will add in an on topic sentence.

Aquaman is neato burrito!!!

Is 57 words cool with you? 68 if you count these.
    Dude, it's cool. The word count I used Microsotf Words and it was meant as a joke. Didn't mean to offend you, I apologize.
    I just didn't want the thread to get derailed too much.

BANNED

Ron Paul is winning 43-59, this is a good day for America

Lol.

I just can't take seriously people that get teary/sad/whatever every time they open their lunchbox because they don't like a comicbook. That's a little more than a "volatile reaction". I haven't heard of people crying every time they open up Green Lantern: Secret Origins just because Raynolds movie turned out to be a crime against humanity.
    Whew, I guess it's a good thing you can't take what I said seriously because I wasn't being serious. My kids keep toys in the WW lunchbox and it's a lovely little tear-free item. It was a joke. It was intended to seem ridiculous. I'm not actually sad about the curent Wonder Woman series - I don't really feel anything about it. I voted for Aquaman because I have enjoyed it thus far. That's it. I assume you have a firm grasp on sarcasm based on the facetious diatribe you posted earlier featuring a broad range of hyperbole covering both sodomy and kittens.

Dude, it's cool. The word count I used Microsotf Words and it was meant as a joke. Didn't mean to offend you, I apologize.
    Yeah I'm outta line. No need to apologize. Thanks for being the bigger man.
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by jarvisjackrabbit View Post
    Whew, I guess it's a good thing you can't take what I said seriously because I wasn't being serious. My kids keep toys in the WW lunchbox and it's a lovely little tear-free item. It was a joke. It was intended to seem ridiculous. I'm not actually sad about the curent Wonder Woman series - I don't really feel anything about it. I voted for Aquaman because I have enjoyed it thus far. That's it. I assume you have a firm grasp on sarcasm based on the facetious diatribe you posted earlier featuring a broad range of hyperbole covering both sodomy and kittens.
    Then I apologize to you too, I didn't get your sarcasm. The problem is, I've seen other acting like in your post and they were totally serious about it. It can become confusing.

Man I'm failing hard in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post

I love this post.

well the point was more people are buying Aquaman than Wonder woman and that makes me happy...More people are buying Batman and Justice League than Aquaman? Yeah I can see that cause... damn have you been reading Batman and JL? those books are off the chain brilliant!!!
    >JL
    >Brilliant

Please Doc, we passed over that point.

Then I apologize to you too, I didn't get your sarcasm. The problem is, I've seen other acting like in your post and they were totally serious about it. It can become confusing.

Man I'm failing hard in this thread.
    No worries, your posts have added greatly to both the content and entertainment of this thread. I can totally understand the potential for confusion regarding the level of seriousness when sorting through many of the "for" and "against" posts here. I apologize for my contributions to said confusion. Someday perhaps we will be able to glean tone of voice from text alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    Goofy expression aside, Jensen would make a pretty good Aquaman...

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post

Too late for that. =sigh!=

Back on the subject, I've read two issues of Aquaman (7 and 8) . . . issue 7 was slightly interesting, but 8 seemed more formula Geoff Johns meh writing.

I want to like Arthur, but Johns isn't really helping me out.

Wonder Woman, however, continues to surprise and fascinate me . . . hopefully Azzarello and Chiang won't let me down.

Wow the confusion in this thread had made it wildly entertaining. My post didn't help. I guess I could have read the crying in a lunchbox post first. LOL!

That said. I love Jensen Ackles! I am secure enough with my sexuality to say that out loud.