View Poll Results: Aquaman vs Wonder Woman

Voters
111. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Aquaman

46 41.44%
  • Wonder Woman

65 58.56%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    How exactly does Wonder Woman coming to save a "random blonde woman" and a stranger who teleported her- who turns out to be the god Hermes- and then discovering that the woman is pregnant with the child of Zeus and now Hera wants her dead count as nothing happening? You have a bizarre sense of deduction.
    I just pulled out my issue of WW 1 to check these facts.

yeah I guess all that did happen... the only thing I can think of is that the comic is sooo bad that my brain went into post traumatic stress disorder to block out any lasting trauma it may cause.
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And yet, Justice League, Batman, Action Comics, Green Lantern and Flash, among others, sold even more than Aquaman.

And where are they in this contest?

well the point was more people are buying Aquaman than Wonder woman and that makes me happy...More people are buying Batman and Justice League than Aquaman? Yeah I can see that cause... damn have you been reading Batman and JL? those books are off the chain brilliant!!!
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Earmites View Post
    well the point was more people are buying Aquaman than Wonder woman and that makes me happy...More people are buying Batman and Justice League than Aquaman? Yeah I can see that cause... damn have you been reading Batman and JL? those books are off the chain brilliant!!!
    You and I don't share the idea of "off the chain brilliant" when it comes to that mediocre, phoned-in story that has been presented so far in Justice League.

Had to vote Aquaman. With Wonder Woman my only problem is being a guy that wants stories that balance Action and dialogue, Wonder Woman has Action only every now and then alot is just dialogue that can bore most of the time. Aquaman has superb writing(Especially considering Johns recent work) and great action in every issue.
    Be of service to all Comic Book readers and sign: http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...tBlackPanther/

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Had to vote Aquaman. With Wonder Woman my only problem is being a guy that wants stories that balance Action and dialogue, Wonder Woman has Action only every now and then alot is just dialogue that can bore most of the time. Aquaman has superb writing(Especially considering Johns recent work) and great action in every issue.
    You ... have chosen wisely.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

I literally flipped a coin for this one... Aquaman won.

Doesn't matter though - I love both books so either way I win!

Quote Originally Posted by jarvisjackrabbit View Post
    ""Oh my, Azzarello has made my life miserable the water doesn't taste the same the wind smells bad, my childrens have nightmares every night, I can't sleep, my life is in so much pain, every time a new issues comes out a kitten dies and an angel cry, he's so evil with his puns and his greek gods and Chiang his such a talentless hack who can't draw how did he get a job he's so bad, oh my childhood is bleeding, Azzarello took my inner child and sodomized him with a copy of WW#1, Gail Simone was so much better, Rucka was so much better even thought we hated him for breaking a neck why isn't Perez working again and writing this book like in the 1980s those were the times, why isn't Marston still alive, why why why... OH THE PAIN.""

Truth in sarcasm
    If a comicbook (hell, any form of fictional-media) has that effect on somebody life, that somebody needs to reconsider his life. Reconsider it HARD.

I'm a huge 007 fan. The World Is Not Enough was plain mediocre, then that abomination called Die Another Day came. I was upset and I had to wait four more years to get another good 007 movie. Guess what, my life went on normally.
    Last edited by WhitOro; 05-02-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Earmites View Post
    http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...-counterpoint/
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    If a comicbook (hell, any form of fictional-media) has that effect on somebody life, that somebody needs to reconsider his life. Reconsider it HARD.

I'm a huge 007 fan. The World Is Not Enough was plain mediocre, then that abomination called Die Another Day came. I was upset and I had to wait four more years to get another good 007 movie. Guess what, my life went on normally.
    I dunno. Die Another Day made me feel pretty abnormal. Jokes aside we're pretty passionate about stuff. I know I feel like crap when my team loses the NCAA tourney but that sadness is just as nerdy as the one that happens when the state of your comic book takes an unfavorable turn. I'm not saying walking in front of a bus is justified, but when you put enough money, time and emotional investment into something and it goes sour, a volatile reaction can be expected.

First world problems, I know, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fused View Post
    I dunno. Die Another Day made me feel pretty abnormal.
    Lol.

Jokes aside we're pretty passionate about stuff. I know I feel like crap when my team loses the NCAA tourney but that sadness is just as nerdy as the one that happens when the state of your comic book takes an unfavorable turn. I'm not saying walking in front of a bus is justified, but when you put enough money, time and emotional investment into something and it goes sour, a volatile reaction can be expected.
    I just can't take seriously people that get teary/sad/whatever every time they open their lunchbox because they don't like a comicbook. That's a little more than a "volatile reaction". I haven't heard of people crying every time they open up Green Lantern: Secret Origins just because Raynolds movie turned out to be a crime against humanity.

I'm very impressed that both these comics made the final two. I have to give it to Aquaman though, more interesting and much more potential and of the two it is the only one I follow.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You and I don't share the idea of "off the chain brilliant" when it comes to that mediocre, phoned-in story that has been presented so far in Justice League.
    To me any comic that makes me feel like I did when I was a kid...giddy at the wonderment and magic of buying and reading a comic book...Is off the chain brilliant. JL, Catwoman, Batman, Aquaman, Amazing Spider-man, Incredible Hulk (and for some reason) Frankenstein have consistently solicited that feeling every month I bring those titles home.

I'm not sure what you feel when you read comics...I can't change that, I can only offer what about them makes me excited and happy...

Justice League- I love the dynamic of the team. I love the banter and back and forth...There is action and the storyline may not be groundbreaking, but in no way does it feel cookie cutter or "phoned in" to me. Each issue is FILLED with great moments. Hal touching WW's lasso of truth, everyone meeting Batman for the first time and finding out he has no powers, Arthur's objection to Ollie for mysterious reasons, GL telling Aquaman to lose the necklace, the clique between GL and the Flash, Flash being the peacekeeper and almost always apologizing for his egocentric friend. The comic is fun. It isn't heavy handed and serious business. It is light, with tons of action, great dialogue all coupled with some of the best art in comics today. I don't know what your standard for "Brilliant" comics is, but for me, having a well written well drawn comic with action, humor and heart does it for me.

Batman- Slow start and I wasn't sure how this owl's thing was going to work out when I first started reading...Then around issue 5 or 6 (exactly which one I can't remember) there was this simple gimmick that blew me away. Batman is in the order of the owl's lair. It is a maze designed to drive him mad. The water he is ingesting is hallucinogenic. Batman keeps attempting to move forward and escape but somehow he keeps ending up repeating his steps ending up at the heart of the maze...the fountain. So he starts out again. but this time the art of the comic had you turn the book up (like a Playboy centerfold) the page after the turned again and the page after that turned again. So Here I am reading this and the next thing I realize is that I am reading the same pages over and over again as Batman keeps repeating his attempt at escape but always ends up in the center of the maze at the fountain. I thought, "didn't I JUST read this?" and then it dawned on me...I was so sucked in that I, like Bats, were repeating my attempts to move the story forward and reading the adventure in circles. That brief moment of of discombobulation made me have one of those comic moments I will always remember... Like watching the Joker beat Jason Todd to death with a crowbar, and when I saw the panels Rorschach explode. I was in awe at how brilliant that comic was just by having you turn the book around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    from the article:

But Justice League as a story? As an actual comic? As something that should show us why the New 52 was something we should care about and pay attention to? To quote Chris Onstad, this thing fails with a focus and intensity normally seen only in success.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/0...#ixzz1tirrcaXB
    I certainly don't subscribe to higher sales equate to to greatness... The Transformer movies are proof that big money sales can happen to piss poor story telling...

All I can say is...The reviewer that wrote that review and I disagree. I GENUINELY enjoy the comic. I look forward to it. Like I said before in the previous post I find it charming and with heart. I will continue to enjoy it even if you and some reviewer do not.

But don't post that link with an air of finality as if it is proof positive the comic is bad. There is no proof to be had either way when it comes to entertainment. It boils down to if you like something or not.

We should be talking about Aquaman and Wonder Woman here, let's stop discussing whatever or not Batman and JL are brilliant or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    We should be talking about Aquaman and Wonder Woman here, let's stop discussing whatever or not Batman and JL are brilliant or whatever.
    Is Green Lantern cool?

I just can't take seriously people that get teary/sad/whatever every time they open their lunchbox because they don't like a comicbook. That's a little more than a "volatile reaction". I haven't heard of people crying every time they open up Green Lantern: Secret Origins just because Raynolds movie turned out to be a crime against humanity.