View Poll Results: Aquaman vs Wonder Woman

Voters
111. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Aquaman

46 41.44%
  • Wonder Woman

65 58.56%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Love 'em both, but had to give it to WW

Voted Aquaman.

I like the new WW, but as good as it is, I still find Aquaman better. There was a time when I was "meh" about the new issue of WW coming out and it never happened to me with Aquaman. I think it's because some of Diana's support characters don't really make sense for me by now (why did they all trust Lennox from the start? I still don't know what's up with this guy!) and messing up with Wondy's backstory, while interesting to read, is really sad when one stops and thinks about it. What bugs me the most is the whole "brothers of Amazons" thing; it provided a really good dramatic moments, but it also destroyed the Paradise Island for me. And I did not wanted to see it destroyed aka made that much darker...

Short: the new WW is really good as a self-contained, "what if?"-story, but not really good as a main WW-series in a shared universe IMO. Aquaman is excellent either way, so yeah... Go Arthur! :)

BTW I hope that in the JL, they'll make Diana and Arthur "the royal friends", that would be awesome.

Both good books, but I'll go with Wonder Woman. Johns is doing good stuff with Aquaman, but Wonder Woman is, to me, the more interesting book of the two at the moment. However, no matter who wins this round, it'll be a book deserving of the top spot. No bad options here.
    Be all you can be.

BANNED

I can't believe Aquaman made it this far. The book is written with corny inside jokes and typical Johns-tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I can't believe Aquaman made it this far. The book is written with corny inside jokes and typical Johns-tropes.
    Well, the book has seemed to resonate with a great many people here.
    Be all you can be.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Johns's Aquaman is fun to read, and I never read it before. I had no particular interest in the character before and now I do.

Azzarello's Wonder Woman is painful to read, like watching someone pull the wings off a butterfly: an act of vandalism against a national icon. The book itself is quite slow paced and ugly and uninteresting in tone. He's leaving a lot of retconning for the next writer to do. And the story is not exactly centered on its title character. I find its appeal inexplicable. I used to read the title; I no longer do.
    Last edited by SteveGus; 05-01-2012 at 04:49 AM.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Aquaman for me. Wonder woman never really interested me.

In the Evil Force of Evil Chiasm's Avatar

Aquaman, a book I couldn't have cared less about once is now awesome. Wonder Woman is still a book I couldn't care less about. My choice is clear.

BANNED

I voted for Wonder Woman because the book caught fire with me beginning with issue # 6, while issue # 8 left me looking forward to issue # 9, hoping that my guessing will come true which is posted throughout the Wonder Woman forum.

I love Aquaman. He and Mera have become two of my favourite characters. I'm also intrigued about his past which Johns reveals slowly along the way. But i had to give it to WW. Azzarello and Chiang have brought so much creativity and energy to this book.... it's the book with the biggest upturn in the new 52.

Quote Originally Posted by batmanjones View Post
    I think it's awesome that the two least likely Superfriends would be in the final two.

I love both of these comics.
    Yeah, i agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhitOro View Post
    Aquaman and Wonder Woman are the best books of the relaunch. But Wonder Woman is better.

I want a CROSSOVER! With romance and sexual tension and lots of monsters to slay!

Yes, yes, take my money!

WONDER WOMAN!

But they are both awesome, in their own way.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar

Both titles are excellent, but Wonder Woman really pushes the envelope into greatness.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

I love all the WW/AM stuff people are posting.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Johns eased up on the corny jokes after the first couple of issues. I'm not saying it's an amazing book, but it has improved since it started.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.