Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    *choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    I believe that's the fellow who invented slabbing.
    '

It wasn't an Alabama or Arkansas band that came out with an EP called Tales from Slabtown, bunkie; it was Portland, Oregon's own Dandy Warhols.

The Pacific Northwest appears to possess some guilt in this matter; given his city of residence, authorities believe Rob Allen is involved.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 05-03-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

"Slabtown" is a neighborhood in Northwest Portland, between the Pearl District and Nob Hill. The name has been used since the 1880s, long before comics existed. They waited decades for comics to be invented, then more decades for plastic to be invented. They're very patient.

And I work in Portland but I don't actually live in the city. So I couldn't possibly be involved.
    --
    Rob Allen

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

When I posted the above, I was pretty sure, from stuff I'd back read when the Dandys EP came out more than a decade ago, that Slabtown referred to an area of Portland, as you described ... but a cursory exploration of the web yielded only references to some bar there. As well as to an area of Atlanta that was known as Slabtown well over a century ago.

Odd.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prince hal View Post
    "Slab" could be the name of a Liefeld character. Perhaps, along with 10.0, NearMint, and The Collector's Item, he could be a founding member of The Fanboys.

All drawn with blimplike thighs, no feet, and trillions of scratchy lines "all o-ver their bawdies," as Jonathan Winters used to say.
    Make it Bloodslab and I'll buy multiple copies with all the variant covers!
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

Quote Originally Posted by prince hal View Post
    "Slab" could be the name of a Liefeld character. Perhaps, along with 10.0, NearMint, and The Collector's Item, he could be a founding member of The Fanboys.

All drawn with blimplike thighs, no feet, and trillions of scratchy lines "all o-ver their bawdies," as Jonathan Winters used to say.
    Liefield did create Thumbelina, Slab's sister.

So, Aaron, I've been thinking of changing my ID on here as well. I've looked at my profile settings, and it didn't leap out at me, so could you tell me how you changed yours? Thanks.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

You've got to go to the name change thread to do it.

- Other Aaron
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo