Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forgive Friedrich's Debt Aaron Kashtan's Avatar

Default Goodbye, Sir Tim Drake

This is just to let people know that I finally took the plunge and changed my CBR user name to my real name. It's been a long time since I had any interest in Tim Drake, and also I don't want to be associated with one of Chuck Dixon's signature characters.

Still, it feels very strange to suddenly quit being Sir Tim Drake. I think I've been using that name for almost half my life; that's why it took me so long to give it up.
    Aaron Kashtan | Formerly Sir Tim Drake
    Classic Comics Forum Moderator Emeritus
    COTM MC Emeritus
    Brittain Fellowship | UF Comics Studies | Examples of my work
    ---
    "Meanwhile, a puppy that fell down a storm drain on Proxima Centauri was rescued by a trained slith, which unfortunately then ate it. And now, sports."

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kashtan View Post
    This is just to let people know that I finally took the plunge and changed my CBR user name to my real name. It's been a long time since I had any interest in Tim Drake, and also I don't want to be associated with one of Chuck Dixon's signature characters.

Still, it feels very strange to suddenly quit being Sir Tim Drake. I think I've been using that name for almost half my life; that's why it took me so long to give it up.
    You were still in high school when I "met" you. Welcome to the forum, Aaron.

Now all your students will be able to find your opinions on pressing comic matters when they Google you!

Not that I ever compulsively Googled my professors...
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    Now all your students will be able to find your opinions on pressing comic matters when they Google you!

Not that I ever compulsively Googled my professors...
    Is that what the kids call it nowadays?

Yikes! The title of this thread was a bit misleading. I figured that, at the best, you were leaving CBR and, at the worst, you were dead!

And, incidentally, I did always assume from your username that you were a massive Dixon fan, so the change is probably a good one :)

I must admit I leapt to exactly the same conclusions as shaxper. Glad to know I was wrong.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Is that what the kids call it nowadays?
    Normally that'd be my line ... nicely done, Slamster.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Normally that'd be my line ... nicely done, Slamster.
    isnt a nicely done slamster what the kids call it these days too?

[i am so so sorry]
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Ah, my good dr chimp -- one good turn deserves another ...

... as the kids say these days in the midst of Googling their professors & nicely done Slamsterings.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 05-01-2012 at 06:56 AM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Anyone want to explain to an old fart like me who the character Tim Drake is? I don't mean Aaron, I mean the fictional character.
    Rehab is for Quitters

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Kashtan View Post

There is nothing wrong with Tim Drake really. I mean it and Spoiler will likely be associated with Dixon for years. I don't think keeping a heroes handle means you support Chuck Dixon. I doubt anyone would honestly use that against you.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Oak Kid View Post
    Anyone want to explain to an old fart like me who the character Tim Drake is? I don't mean Aaron, I mean the fictional character.
    He was the Robin after Jason Todd.

Cei-U!
    I summon the backstory!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

Veteran Member

Hah - I never knew who Sir Tim Drake was either, though I assumed it must be some comics character.

Now if only I knew who Jason Todd is ...

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    Hah - I never knew who Sir Tim Drake was either, though I assumed it must be some comics character.

Now if only I knew who Jason Todd is ...
    I thought it had something to do with Sir Francis Drake.
    Rehab is for Quitters

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    And, incidentally, I did always assume from your username that you were a massive Dixon fan, so the change is probably a good one :)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I must admit I leapt to exactly the same conclusions as shaxper. Glad to know I was wrong.
    I fear I jumped to the same conclusion. Glad to know Aaron is not a Dixon fan.
    formerly coke & comics

Sleepwalker is Sandman done right. ~Tadhg