Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    There's been a copypasta postied on another site which comes down to this:

POSSIBLY MAJOR SPOILERS
    spoilers:

- Bruce hurts his back while saving Gordon's son at the end of TDK and that's why he has the cane.
    - 8 years later Miranda is a Wayne board member who gets close to him. She convinces him to stage that charity gala we see in the trailers.
    - But she's working with Bane and that whole gala was staged to give Bane the opportunity to capture all the rich guys of Gotham, who are attending it. Alfred is taken too.
    - Catwoman hates rich people and especially Bruce but likes Batman for what he did for Gotham. She's working with Bane because she thinks he means well for the poor people.
    - Bruce escapes the gala assault. If i remember correctly he either chases Bane, or Bane surprises him in the batcave. I cant remember.
    - In any case, Bane beats him up, captures him and jails him in the Lazarus pit, that jail from the trailer that looks like a well.
    - Bane wants revenge for Ras who Batman left to die in Begins.
    - Bane takes control of the city. He exposes the truth about Dent but that causes the Gothamites to gain a lot of respect for Batman for what he did. They ve been hating him all this time.
    - Bruce gets training in the jail. I have no idea how some random dudes can heal his 8 year old back problem or improve his already awesome fighting skills. Maybe he just trains back to his peak. I assume he'd lost that after 8 years of not being Batman.
    - There's that bridge sequence where Blake tries to evacuate some kids of Gotham in a schoolbus. I dont know what's the deal with the kids. What about all the other millions of kids in gotham?
    - Blake is Gordon's right hand, a good cop who steps up being inspired by Batman. And this is why i'm afraid that Blake will be this movie's Dent.
    - Batman escapes from the pit. There's a story about a little girl escaping, the only one who ever made it. Talia later reveals it was her. In any case the story inspires him and he makes it out.
    - Comes back to Gotham, meets with Gordon who's rallying all cops to overthrow Bane.
    - Catwoman figures out that Bruce is Batman. She also realises that Bane doesnt mean well for anyone so she sides with Batman.

And that's all i got.
    end of spoilers
    It's missing spoilers:
    Jim Gordon is in the hospital, badly beaten or possibly dying, from the teaser. Also, in the last trailer, Blake is told that this is a time of peace.
    end of spoilers

I think it's close, but not quite there.

Quote Originally Posted by 4thHorseman
    The two scenes with Batman sound slightly different in tone. The one at the end about it not being a car sounds like the normal Bale gravel voice. The previous one though doesn't have the same tone of voice as normal. I'm not sure if it's because Catwoman finds out who he is so there's no point in hiding it, just a mistake on Bale's part, or if it's someone else under the mask.
    In "Batman Begins", half of the time, it's Bale's own voice and the other half it's processed. In "The Dark Knight", it was all processed. Nolan might be going back to the former method or the ADR work isn't done yet.

BANNED

I have a friend who works at Warner Brothers and he told me the plot. Basically it takes place 10 years into the future where;

spoilers:
    War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefiled control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control...All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield...controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control...War becomes routine
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post
    I have a friend who works at Warner Brothers and he told me the plot. Basically it takes place 10 years into the future where;

spoilers:
    War has changed. It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by mercenaries and machines. War - and its consumption of life - has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Battlefiled control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. War has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control...All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction. And he who controls the battlefield...controls history. War has changed. When the battlefield is under total control...War becomes routine
    end of spoilers
    I'm okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    I'm okay with this.
    Then you should probably play Metal Gear Solid 4, because he just typed the voice-over from one of the early trailers for the that game, put it in spoiler text, and tricked you
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reginleif View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Snake. SNAKE?? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?!?!?!

BANNED

Hahaha I love how people still fall for Reginleif

Friendship has changed. It's all in the title.

Although I believe Dr. Hurt, even though he drugged Batman in RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiryu View Post
    Then you should probably play Metal Gear Solid 4, because he just typed the voice-over from one of the early trailers for the that game, put it in spoiler text, and tricked you
    Ehhh, I was joking. I'm a Metal Gear fan myself.

First Robin,second Batman nightwing1124's Avatar

One word..........AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
    Ehhh, I was joking. I'm a Metal Gear fan myself.
    I thought that might be the case but in my zeal I just went for it
    Don't worry.
    My brother and sister of the atom.
    We are the X-men, and we stand together

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Between The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, most people seem to have all but forgotten The Amazing Spider-Man.
    Spider what now? Wtf is that?

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    I agree that this is how the film appears to be shaping up as well, with a few exceptions. I think Miranda Tate won't help to nurse Bruce back to health. Rather, she's going to be the one to encourage Bruce to stay away from being Batman which allows Bane to systematically infiltrate Gotham prior to their first encounter. And then, Batman, after getting broken by Bane, will learn that Miranda was really Talia, working with Bane all along, and getting revenge for her father's death. Then Bruce gets thrown into that underground prison of Bane's long enough for him and Talia to completely take over Gotham where we get the "No Man's Land" type scenario hinted in the trailer until he eventually escapes. I also have a feeling that Selina Kyle, while still being the Robin Hood type thief, won't don the Catwoman persona until after Bane breaks Batman, sort of the films way of paying tribute to the fact that Catwoman originally didn't wear a costume during her first appearance until after her first encounter with Batman and that her donning a costume was her being inspired by him.
    The only reason I figured Tate might nurse Bruce is because of the scene of them kissing in the trailer. They seem to become close in the film and I figured nursing him would be a good way to get them together for that to happen. I definitely agree that she will be Talia in disguise and that will be a big twist though.

Also, I don't think that Bruce will have his back broken, the destruction shots are Bane's way of getting Bruce to come out of hiding since it's peacetime at the start of the movie, and I also don't think that it will be a secret that Bane is working with the LoS at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It is troubling that Spider-Man seems to be losing a lot of attention. I personally hated the Raimi movies, and have some faith in this one. Although worst case scenario, if Spider-Man bombs, the rights could go to Marvel studios.
    Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    Dont bet on that EVER happening. Even if it bombs expect Sony to release another reboot or an Ultimate version in exactly 3-4 years time. Not sure exact details of contracts but like the X-men franchise with Fox as long as they release SOMETHING, any kind of live action movie the rights stay with them continuously. There is no way Sony would give up on a mulit-billion dollar franchise like Spiderman so easily.
    Exactly. The box office success of Spider-man doesn't affect Sony's option to renew their license.
    "John Stewart. LAME! ...this guy having a ring is like giving the batmobile to a blind old woman with her left leg in a cast."

"Pym biting Blobs head off seems like something that would have happened when i was ten years old and playing with action figures."

"i always assumed that [the blob] had the same powers as his 616 counterpart because, if simply being a huge fat guy was enough to be considered a mutant then there sure are a lot of mutants in 'real life'. "

Quote Originally Posted by Choppa View Post

Exactly. The box office success of Spider-man doesn't affect Sony's option to renew their license.
    True enough, but if it doesn't make enough money, I could see them selling the license back. Or, if Marvel and Feige especially see enough potential in having Spider-Man back as a series that's part of their growing Movieverse, they could use some of the inevitable huge money from the Avengers to buy Spider-Man back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Between The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, most people seem to have all but forgotten The Amazing Spider-Man.
    Truthfully, I'm not planning to see TDKR, and am starting to look forward to ASM.