Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Not just a river in Egypt.

E: Oh, and don't forget, "She was asking for it, dressed like that!"
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    How does needing to wear false teeth effectively kill somebody's acting career?
    Looks matter in acting. If you were more the male model type. Having some fake ass teeth is not going to do wonders for your career. Someone with teeth like Little Richard isn't going to be headlining any silver screen movies that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    The guy had an acting career?
    I was referring to myself. How devastating this would be if it happened to me. Appearances do matter, and besides the drastic inconvenience removing someone's teeth can have an impact on their livelihood, career and romantic life. I know several people around my age who would not date someone if they knew the person wore dentures.

Clark Gable had false teeth.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Looks matter in acting. If you were more the male model type. Having some fake ass teeth is not going to do wonders for your career. Someone with teeth like Little Richard isn't going to be headlining any silver screen movies that is for sure.
    You'd have "perfect" teeth, though. Every tooth straight and bright. The shape of your face would not change.

I know several people around my age who would not date someone if they knew the person wore dentures.
    Yes, and those people are shallow pieces of shit who should be kept far, far away from the gene pool.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

I offer up an alternate example of Robert Carlyle and other British/European/Canadian actors. I will admit that the US seems more fixated on looks than a lot of other film industries.

I know several people around my age who would not date someone if they knew the person wore dentures.
    That is an excellent filter for finding people not worth dating, since anyone who nixes a person because they wear dentures is not a person that I would want to date, and I have all my teeth.

First time I heard about this story, it was someone going "ahahaha isn't that funny" - it's someone assaulting their ex when they were helpless, so I dunno, is it? Would it be funny is the bloke was the dentist and a woman was getting her teeth taken out?
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

BANNED

No..... Why would the genders of the two matter???

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    First time I heard about this story, it was someone going "ahahaha isn't that funny" - it's someone assaulting their ex when they were helpless, so I dunno, is it? Would it be funny is the bloke was the dentist and a woman was getting her teeth taken out?
    It's not funny either way. It's assault and no doubt that it would have been traumatic for the victim.

The part that disturbs me is the people in the thread stating this is a crime that someone should be sentenced to for 15-30+ years, which is the range of US murder sentences based on this US statistic summary from 2000. This is clearly assault but is it equivalent to murder?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    If he were Steve Martin and singing, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkbunny View Post
    The part that disturbs me is the people in the thread stating this is a crime that someone should be sentenced to for 15-30+ years, which is the range of US murder sentences

That's a disturbing one, yeah. It should be longer but not at the equivalent of bloody murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    If he were Steve Martin and singing, yes.
    Well that just goes without saying.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by USArmyParatrooper View Post
    11.8 years, according to a Department of Justice study cited on Wiki. I don't know if that includes all forms of rape, such as statutory, or just forcible rape.
    In Sweden 2% of all rape charges are sent to prison. Mostly the law blames it on the girl for having short skirt or being drunk on a weekend like everyone else.....

Murder charge is avregae 6-10 years here too liberal sweden. Rapes have become much more common since the rapist get 6 months-1 year in average.

Which disgusts me and is a big shame. The only time i hope we had the too harsh legal system of US. Rapist must pay 15+ years to me.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

BANNED

How many are charged with rape in Sweden? What does the law actually say?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavemold View Post
    How many are charged with rape in Sweden? What does the law actually say?
    It depends on the year. The year i saw numbers like 40 charges that stuck of 2200 cases. There is also huge number that are not calling the police because the victims know they are blamed.

Its a messed up system. Its a product of system that thinks every criminal can be saved. Even rapist who raped 8 women in few months.....

The rape laws are infamous now because they are outdated to more peaceful, less crime times.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

BANNED

Its also difficult to prove someone has been raped to a jury.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Yes, all of them. I know a few victims to speak from experience. Chances are, you know some victims, too, but they won't ever tell you because they're afraid you won't believe them. Or that you'll make jokes about it, or otherwise demeaning their trauma.

And those stats entirely back his claim.

Oh, by the way, rape is a problem in the military.

http://iamlaurenleonardi.wordpress.c...ldiers-abroad/

http://www.banderasnews.com/1001/edat-thirdofwomen.htm

* According to a 2004 study, 71% of female veterans seeking PTSD treatment had been raped or sexually assaulted (by other US military officers).
    * Another study showed that 90% of rapes in the military go unreported.
    * When they are reported, 62% of those found guilty of rape or abuse received “demotion, suspension, or a written reprimand” as punishment.

http://www.towardfreedom.com/women/2...th-and-justice
    So far to make your case you've...

- Claimed to know what every rape victim thinks

- Claimed every rape victim thinks the exact same thing

- Claimed to know what I would believe or disbelieve

- Threw in an avalanche of blatant red herrings.

Being a labeled a rapist is about as bad of a stigma as there is, second only to being a child molester. Society as a whole holds pimps, car jackers and murderers in higher regard than rapists.